Home
Posted By: jbrown1975 Colt price check - 03/11/21
Looking for current market value on a very nice condition (98-99 percent) 1981 colt diamondback 4” blue in 38 with original wood grips. To further clarify, I am looking to make a trade to get this gun and would just like to know what these are actually bringing now. Thank you.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Colt price check - 03/11/21
A grand.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Colt price check - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
A grand.

If you know where I can get a Diamondback for a grand, I'll buy every last one you can get me.

OP, Diamondbacks run from around $1,400 (used in good shape) to over $3000 (NIB) for that finish and barrel length. Take a look at gunsinternational.com and see what Diamondbacks in the same condition as the one you're looking at are going for.
Posted By: OldTimeHunter Re: Colt price check - 03/11/21
Asking is not getting. The ONLY accurate measure is to follow the big auction house auctions through PROXIBID.COM and see what prices realized are, Add the VIG and high shipping (2x-3x normal) and you'll know.

There are 16 currently for sale. Put a "watch" on them and you'll see reality when then sell.
Posted By: jbrown1975 Re: Colt price check - 03/12/21
Appreciate everyone’s feedback!
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Colt price check - 03/12/21
Wouldn't sell my .38 for a grand, or my .22lr for two grand.
Posted By: WMR Re: Colt price check - 03/13/21
I’ll be the backup bidder at $1000. I’ll take three at that price. One for each hand and one for a spare. Sounds pretty low to me.
Posted By: jbmi Re: Colt price check - 03/14/21
I bought mine 5 years ago for $1,395, don't think I'd sell it for that today.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Colt price check - 10/18/21
What would the value be of a used one which has been reblued in a flat black finish?
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Colt price check - 10/18/21
1400 is about right
Posted By: jbmi Re: Colt price check - 10/18/21
Bought mine in 2016, VG condition, shot very little for $1,400, would not sell it for that today.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Barryt Re: Colt price check - 10/19/21
Jeez, and I have a couple, and if they're bringing these prices, what do Vipers bring as I have 2, unfired, one in blue, no box, and one in nickel with box and papers.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Colt price check - 10/19/21
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
What would the value be of a used one which has been reblued in a flat black finish?

And again.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Colt price check - 10/21/21
I see them going for $1400-1600 strike prices locally. Seen much higher in online sales.
© 24hourcampfire