Home
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
https://massaroholsterworks.com/product/american-purebred-iwb-holster/
Posted By: viking Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
Thanks, there are just so many companies out there now, it’s crazy.
Yes Sir!

These were recommended by an officer I know and you can wear it all day no fuss no muss.

Mike
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
Until you get to 5" 1911 size, the Remora holsters are the most comfortable I've used, other than a shoulder holster, & I've used a lot of holsters.

MM
Posted By: JefeMojado Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
A lot to be said for particular body type/build when it comes to IWB holsters. Everytime Hunts shows a photo of his rigs I'm jealous. He has the Slim build to carry a holster well. I'm short waisted and heavier build,. I've tried 4 different IWB holsters, and none have had that " I didn't even know I had it on " feel, a couple were flat out uncomfortable. Clint Smith once opined, " A holster is not supposed to be comfortable, it's meant to be comforting ". In my experience, that's been a fact.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
PJ and Celtic are tops in my book.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
Crossbreed is decent. I love my old Galco Royal Guard!
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/19/21
I went with Don Hume. A simple, thin, well made holster with a strong clip. I wanted a holster for easy on and off.
Bought one for sig 365, ruger ec9, and ruger lcp custom. Wife has one for her lcp 2, loves it.
I’ve never been a fan of own carry, let’s just say that I’m not on the thin side.
I had a Milt Sparks for a commander. It was very comfortable but carrying a commander iwb wasn’t for me.

Smart idea.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/25/21
I'll stick with my Milt Sparks...
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/25/21
I like my High Noon Upper Limit.
Do as you wish, I've never worn an IWB more comfy and I've had a Summer Special II, Crossbreed Super Tuck(still have it in a box somewhere) and a few more.

Mike
There is a reason why Milt Sparks has been at the top of the game for literally over 50 years..

They pretty much wrote the book on IWB holsters. Lot of folks have copied their designs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have been wearing their IWB holsters since I bought my first one in 1991. They are well worth the wait, and worth every penny.
Posted By: goalie Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
Kydex for appendix, leather or kydex for 3 o'clock for me.

Dara, Tier 1, Muddy River, Vedder, PHLster, JM Custom Kydex.

They've all worked well for me.
Posted By: Limapapa Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
I have two Kusiak Leather IWB's for a G43 and a Ruger LCP. All leather, thin but strong, one click on and off, hold their shape perfectly. I carry SOB with a cant, and forget the unit is there. Right around $50 bucks. Check their website. JMHO
Posted By: night_owl Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
Leather straps are much better than steel clips.
Posted By: Lee_Woiteshek Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
All steel guns for me get leather, Sparks, Rosen, Kramer. I like Rosen's ARG the best along with his belt. Polymer guns get kydex and lately Tenicor gets my business with a ARES belt.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
After trying several, all I get anymore is a Milt Sparks VM 2. They've been great with several different guns, and I've got another on order now.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
Originally Posted by pabucktail
After trying several, all I get anymore is a Milt Sparks VM 2. They've been great with several different guns, and I've got another on order now.

pabucktail,

I love the VM2 I have on right now and wear every single day.

Have they given you any idea what their wait time is now?
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/28/21
I ordered last month and was told to plan on getting the holster in June/July.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/30/21
Cascadia Concealment IWB. I use one for every gun I carry.
Posted By: Fuelman Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/31/21
I wear the Desantis Cozy Partner with a 3" 1911 and a G27, has been a comforting, comfortable holster for a fat guy, 6', 300#er. As a side note, being a fat guy, your next best friend besides a quality holster and belt, is a good set of suspenders, think of them as a second safety. Keeps all weapons where they need to be, and no crack exposure.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/31/21
Alien Gear Cloak Tuck.
Posted By: M721 Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/31/21
Comfy IWB? LOL, Isn’t that what they call an oxymoron. I’m not sure they really exist, at least for my body type. That’s after trying a representative sampling from some well thought of leather guys. As someone stated earlier, the best I’ve found are the Remoras. They seem to get incrementally better with each new generation. I’m giving their latest version with the belt clip a trial right now with my G26. One thing I’ve discovered for myself, through trial and error, that anything larger than a baby Glock just doesn’t work IWB for me. YMMV
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 03/31/21
Anyone have a recommendation specifically for a Kimber Micro 9? A friend of mine got one and is looking for a IWB setup. ETA that he wants something that sits low on the waist; he is on the slim side.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 04/01/21
Originally Posted by M721
As someone stated earlier, the best I’ve found are the Remoras. They seem to get incrementally better with each new generation. I’m giving their latest version with the belt clip a trial right now with my G26.

I stated that.

The beauty of the standard Remora (I use the ones with the reinforced top) is that since they don't hang on your belt, they don't sag your belt & the belt types that work with them are not as critical as with a holster that hangs on the belt.

I use them up through guns the size & weight of a steel framed Commander & they work extremely well, do not loosen & & stay in place through any normally sane activity.

I've got more than a dozen holsters, including some high end leather, & while they are good, for an everyday, easy on, easy off the Remora's are hugely under rated & they are cheap & one model will fit more than one gun.

I've not tried the newer version with the clip, so I can't comment. But a G-26 is a relatively small gun & is much easier to carry than a G-19, but the Remora carries a G-19 perfectly fine.

MM
Posted By: M721 Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 04/01/21
MM, you laid out the case for the Remoras very well. The reenforced tops made a big difference when they were introduced. I dunno, after spending big bucks on top of the line leather goods, I keep grabbing a Remora when I feel a need for IWB. I’m far from being an expert at this, but the darn things seem to work well.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 04/01/21
Originally Posted by M721
MM, you laid out the case for the Remoras very well. The reenforced tops made a big difference when they were introduced. I dunno, after spending big bucks on top of the line leather goods, I keep grabbing a Remora when I feel a need for IWB. I’m far from being an expert at this, but the darn things seem to work well.

+1

I love Kramer leather for OWB but IWB it's hard to beat a Remora. As a matter of fact, I ordered a gen 2 yesterday with a removable clip.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Comfy IWB holsters - 04/03/21
For leather, Milt Sparks is all I need to know.

Why in the world a guy should pay $70 and up for anything made of kydex or leather & kydex is beyond me. It takes little in the way of skill and resources to produce these at as little as a third of the cost or less, and one can easily make designs that are custom fit and less bulky than most of what is marketed.
© 24hourcampfire