Home
As the Title Above Say's,,,,,, Multiple Modifications since New in 2003...... cool Lj

Attached picture LJ's S&W 329PD.jpg
Attached picture LJ's S&W 329PD HandGun Work-Over 2021 (8).jpg
Porting, new cylinder, Hogue grips, what else?
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Porting, new cylinder, Hogue grips, what else?

Ok,,,,,, here you go, I did all of the work myself, other than the Porting,,,,, I was asked about Cost's, so I added in a Pricing Structure, for those that would be sending the Gun out to a Gunsmith, and those Numbers are not Gospel,,,,, but gives a guy an idea of what it might Cost, anyway,,,,,, that's my Story, and I'm Sticking to it...... cool lj

Attached picture LJ's S&W 329PD Write-up....jpg
Attached picture Screenshot 2021-03-29 123508.png
Alaska Backpacker makes good heavy revolver loads. I've still got 8-10 of their 200 grain 357 load I got at Sportsman's in Anchorage, way too long ago.

Good work on the 329.
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Alaska Backpacker makes good heavy revolver loads. I've still got 8-10 of their 200 grain 357 load I got at Sportsman's in Anchorage, way too long ago.

Good work on the 329.

Hey Sarge,,,, Yea Bob loaded-up some Fine Ammo, I've got about 15-Boxes of 320gr and 12-Boxes of 300gr,,,, alas,,,, Bob has CLOSED-Up Shop, been about 2-3yrs now if I'm remembering correctly, his Health was going down hill, I think he moved back to Texas, and is living with his Daughter...... anyway, DAM fine Man, knew his "Chit" that's for sure...... cool Lj
Nice gun.
But the problem I had with mine was the bullets jumping the crimp and locking up cylinder rotation due to the severe recoil.
Would really suck to have that happen during a Grizz Charge.

I’ll just stick to my Glock 20 loaded with 16 rounds of Buffalo Bore 220 gr Hard Cast Outdoorsman Loads.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Nice gun.
But the problem I had with mine was the bullets jumping the crimp and locking up cylinder rotation due to the severe recoil.
Would really suck to have that happen during a Grizz Charge.

I’ll just stick to my Glock 20 loaded with 16 rounds of Buffalo Bore 220 gr Hard Cast Outdoorsman Loads.

Ok, thanks for your reply,,,,, take a look at this New Post I just did on that "VERY" Subject...... cool Lj

Attached picture Screenshot 2021-03-29 131733.jpg
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Good work on the 329.

Hey Sarge,,,, Yea Bob loaded-up some Fine Ammo, I've got about 15-Boxes of 320gr and 12-Boxes of 300gr,,,, alas,,,, Bob has CLOSED-Up Shop, been about 2-3yrs now if I'm remembering correctly, his Health was going down hill, I think he moved back to Texas, and is living with his Daughter...... anyway, DAM fine Man, knew his "Chit" that's for sure...... cool Lj

I am sorry to hear that and wish him the best.
What a beauty!
That’s a cool build. Always did like the look of an unfluted cylinder. Those 320’s look slick too. What velocity did he advertise for those?
Originally Posted by Walker6
That’s a cool build. Always did like the look of an unfluted cylinder. Those 320’s look slick too. What velocity did he advertise for those?

Ok then,,,,,, This load was, on average 19.1-19.3 Grains of H110 @ 1110-1150fps, using my Chrony-F1 and or my Oehler-M10 Chrono's,,,, and those 320's were Cast Performance Boolits.....
and his 300gr loads were the same Powder@ about 18-18.3 Grains @ about 1240-1270 fps on average, and those were Cast Performance as well.... cool Lj
Like the mods. What was the source for the UF SS cylinder?
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Like the mods. What was the source for the UF SS cylinder?

Ok,,,,, here you go, Brownells, and Mid-Way had a Lower-Cost, but "No" Stock..... grin Lj

Attached picture Screenshot 2021-04-01 100138.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2021-04-01 095635.jpg
Does it really cost $459.00 to ream and hone new cylinder throats to .431?
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Does it really cost $459.00 to ream and hone new cylinder throats to .431?

Ok,,,,, Probably Not, but when you consider my Cost's for the Hone and lapping compound, and the Brownell's HandGun Kit, [see attached] I just made that Part of the Overall Potential Cost's for a Guy going forward with this type of work in mind..... nothing more. cool Lj

Attached picture LJ's Ruger-S&W Work-Over Tool Kit.jpg
© 24hourcampfire