Home
Posted By: blairvt CMP 1911 - 04/08/21
Anyone else get their RGN yesterday? Mines pretty low so guess I'll be getting a phone call soon
Posted By: blairvt Re: CMP 1911 - 04/09/21
nobody ordered one?
Posted By: wildhobbybobby Re: CMP 1911 - 04/10/21
I got a nice one in the first go-round.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: CMP 1911 - 04/10/21
there was a story i read recently about a guy that got one through the recent cmp ordering, turns out a super rare version, more so than a singer, probably worth more than 30k. He hit the lottery.
Posted By: tmitch Re: CMP 1911 - 04/10/21
Congrats! I, like a couple others here, got one on the first go-round.I haven't kept up with the current sales, are they offering different grades now? Really dig the Remington Rand I got.
Posted By: blairvt Re: CMP 1911 - 04/10/21
Originally Posted by tmitch
Congrats! I, like a couple others here, got one on the first go-round.I haven't kept up with the current sales, are they offering different grades now? Really dig the Remington Rand I got.

its being handled just like the first round.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: CMP 1911 - 04/12/21

Just checked.
Three grades $850-$1,050
Posted By: tmitch Re: CMP 1911 - 04/12/21
Just checked in on the CMP 1911 forum. It appears the guys getting the call are being offered a choice of Service, Field or Rack grade. When I got mine, I wasn't offered a choice as they were all Service grades at that point. Pretty happy with what they sent.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: blairvt Re: CMP 1911 - 04/12/21
looks new. Think I'm going to get a field grade. Hoping for a more been there done that look. Based on my number should get the call next week. What are the details? Don't see any markings on the slide
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: CMP 1911 - 04/13/21
Just checked in on the CMP 1911 forum. It appears the guys getting the call are being offered a choice of Service, Field or Rack grade. When I got mine, I wasn't offered a choice as they were all Service grades at that point. Pretty happy with what they sent.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Service was the top category. Right?
I know field was the middle.
Posted By: tmitch Re: CMP 1911 - 04/13/21
I would have liked a bit more BTDT look also, but didn't have that option. If I remember correctly, most all of the first ones they received were rearsenaled, put in storage and never re-issued. Most were graded "service". Mine was done at Anniston Army Depot in 08/80. It's a Remington Rand slide and I think Ithaca frame (they used the same inspector mark, FJA). I think this second batch includes pistols that were issued again after rearsenaling hence the different grades available.
It's interesting to browse through the CMP 1911 forum to see what people are getting.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: CMP 1911 - 04/17/21
I’m at the end of the list - so probably a Rack grade, but it’s good to be on the list.

I couldn’t buy a Rack grade equivalent at a local gun show for the same price - they’d all be priced higher! YMMV
Posted By: Earlyagain Re: CMP 1911 - 04/17/21
There's content from purchaser/recipients on youtube. They look good to me.
© 24hourcampfire