Home
Posted By: Triggernosis Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/11/21
Anyone have one? Anyone know where I can find one, specifically this one: https://www.browning.com/products/f...0-black-label-medallion-pro-compact.html
I bought the one in .22 that came out first. I wasn't impressed with the quality, and sold it within a couple of months. But, who knows. They may have upped their game since then.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/11/21
I don't understand Browning. At the same time as they try to make their .22 and .380 1911's "tactical", they discontinue the importation of their only real defensive handgun--the HiPower.
Posted By: Clynn Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
Yep , got one . Bought at Bass Pro back in November. Haven't seen one since . Fit and finish are really good , I like it. šŸ‘
Posted By: Gibby Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I don't understand Browning. At the same time as they try to make their .22 and .380 1911's "tactical", they discontinue the importation of their only real defensive handgun--the HiPower.

The Hi Power is a pretty good offensive pistol too.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
saw one of these in the case at Bass Pro, Dania Beach (Ft Lauderdale) the other day
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
saw one of these in the case at Bass Pro, Dania Beach (Ft Lauderdale) the other day

The Compact Medallion version? Perhaps I should go to the closest Bass Pro and see if they can find any in their system.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
Saw a guy drooling at one the other day, said he knew someone that had one and it was a tackdriver.

Might not be my thing...I might be more inclined to look hard at the Springfield EMP models.........just me.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
never owned one, but handled a few. Sort of cute for playing around, but not all that finely finished. Plus holsters are near impossible to find for it.
Posted By: nahma_mich Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
I own one of the early 1911-380's that came out. I have shot hundreds of rounds thru it and have had no problems. I haven't shot it in the last few months
cause it's a little hard to find ammo for it. I have reloading dies for it but no space to set up a reloading bench up in my current house. The newer ones have a better sight on them and you can get one with the 3.25 in bbl instead of the 4.25 like mine.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by hikerbum
never owned one, but handled a few. Sort of cute for playing around, but not all that finely finished. Plus holsters are near impossible to find for it.

I make holsters, so that won't be an issue at all. šŸ˜„
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Browning is trying to stay out of the tactical market for the most part. The Hi Power's discontinuance has nothing to do with Browning and everything to do with their parent company; FNH. FN has shut down the production line and its doubtful the line will ever re-start.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/12/21
I have handled a couple and shot one, a .22. I thought it was super cool. I have no use for one, but my daughter wants one after shooting one.
Posted By: Breakshunter Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
I have one and it shoots very accurate. Knocked the hair off a coyotes back at 90 yards,lol, gave him a little too much hold over. I like it to carry in my coat pocket or in the pickup . Fun little gun.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
Put it in the long list of cool guns I think would be neat to have.

BUT, WTF good is it to me?

Chambered in 22? Yep, could see using it.

Can get similar dimensioned guns in 9mm.
So, better performance, (usually) cheaper ammo.

JMHO, I'll pass.

Ironic how much money one doesn't spend with just a little critical thinking.

Now, if you were invested in the 1911 pattern and wanted a smaller/lighter
gun? It would be an obvious choice.

Behind the EMP, 938, and several other guns out there!
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
Academy has these in stock in Greensboro :

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...auto-acp-black-pistol-81-rounds/p/p41794

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...shed-stainless-pistol-81-rounds/p/p53182

Nice little packages.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Put it in the long list of cool guns I think would be neat to have.

BUT, WTF good is it to me?

Chambered in 22? Yep, could see using it.

Can get similar dimensioned guns in 9mm.
So, better performance, (usually) cheaper ammo.

JMHO, I'll pass.

Now, if you were invested in the 1911 pattern and wanted a smaller/lighter
gun? It would be an obvious choice.

Behind the EMP, 938, and several other guns out there!

EMP is 27 oz, which is 10 oz heavier than the Browning. Too heavy for my uses. If the damned 938 had a grip safety I would be all over it.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Yeah, I do the same. Whenever a new gun, knife, etc, come out that I want, I make myself wait awhile and then ask myself "what does this do better or different than what I already own?". Most of the time, my money stays in my pocket because I know it would just end up being a safe queen.
Trig, can't help with the .380 version but my niece and her husband have the two of the .22's and they absolutely love them. I've shot them and agree they are accurate, dependable, well made pistols.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

A holster for a baby rock would probably fit.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 04/13/21
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

A holster for a baby rock would probably fit.

I MAKE holsters! Tango Alpha Leather Goods on Instagram.
Like these:
[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/3absCJO[/img]
[img]https://imgur.com/a/47YTcfg[/img]
For those that don't make their own holsters 'Privateer Leather' also makes a selection.

I've got the Browning 1911-22,

Very fun little gun, the most reliable semi-auto .22 pistol (or rifle for that matter), that I have ever shot. Never had any malfunctions in about 1,500 Plus rounds.

Accurate, Hmmm? Depends on what you call accurate. Can't compare to a Ruger Mark pistol, etc., more in the plinker class in my book. But good enough for squirrels and such out to maybe 40 yards, or thereabouts.

If Browning made a 1911-22 that could compete with the Ruger Mark pistols accuracy-wise and had an adjustable rear sight... I would own another one.

A 1911 Guy, but I have issues with the grip safety with my medium/large mitts. Hand size? shooting style? neither my wife, daughter or son do.

Mine had the issue of shooting way too high, a few others have had the same issue. I put a taller front sight on it. If not, then pretty close to a Novak cut. Problem solved.

Definitely not a gotta have gun for me. Glad I have it though, and never plan on selling it. Not sure I have much choice as both my wife and daughter love shooting it.

Jerry

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

And pictured next to my (full size) Nelson 1911;
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Posted By: JRS3 Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 06/26/23
Anymore feedback on the 1911-380?

I held one of these last week and liked it. It felt good in my hand, action was smooth, nice trigger, and just seemed like a nice piece. Iā€™m not trying to open the debate about the effectiveness of a .380 for SD but generally interested in the gun itself and how it functions.

https://www.browning.com/products/f...black-label-medallion-pro-with-rail.html
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning 1911-380 ? - 06/26/23
Originally Posted by JRS3
Anymore feedback on the 1911-380?

I held one of these last week and liked it. It felt good in my hand, action was smooth, nice trigger, and just seemed like a nice piece. Iā€™m not trying to open the debate about the effectiveness of a .380 for SD but generally interested in the gun itself and how it functions.

https://www.browning.com/products/f...black-label-medallion-pro-with-rail.html
Mine functions perfectly. Due to the locked breech design, it's noticeably less snappy than my Sig P232 .380.
© 24hourcampfire