Home
Posted By: saddlering Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/17/21
Picked up a Colt 380 at the gun show today,blued with 3 mags. It fits my hand better than most of the small pistols. Hope it's one of the better ones! Came with the blue case.
I had one back in the 1980s. Wish I never sold it. It was the first rendition of it they put out. I carried it in my pocket a lot. I think it was called the Government .380. It was extremely reliable. I don't believe it ever malfunctioned.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/17/21
Yes this one says Government 380 also! In great shape hope to shoot it tomorrow.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/18/21
I passed on a couple of those years ago - really wish I hadn't.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/18/21
I bought the stainless version back in the '80's. A big mitt on me so that longer Government grip fits better. At 22 ounces loaded it is about 2x heavier than my J-frame .38 +P 337PD, but the Colt has a thinner profile. A great piece that is pretty scarce.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/18/21
I ran 2 mags out of it, while morel hunting with out a Hitch! I'm liking it. And it goes with the other colts I own.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/18/21
Originally Posted by saddlering
I ran 2 mags out of it, while morel hunting with out a Hitch! I'm liking it. And it goes with the other colts I own.

I never felt the need for anything more powerful than 22lr for morels...............

wink
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by saddlering

I never felt the need for anything more powerful than 22lr for morels...............

wink

For knockdown power, morels require at least a .380.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/21/21
No Morels were shot! Turned cold here, was 20 this am! Digging the little Colt!
Posted By: pullit Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/21/21
I had the reg. Mustang SS (or nickel) and did not like it. I sold it and bought the Government (in SS)and carried it for several years. I sold it and like others wish I had not. I have not seen one in several years.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Colt mk/IV 80 ser. - 04/22/21
i picked up one on a trade years ago a friend talked me out of it but luckily i got it back very nice shooting and reliable feeding
© 24hourcampfire