Home
Posted By: Redneck Kel-Tec PMR-30 questions... - 05/10/21
I've never had a Kel-Tec, and frankly never knew they had this model.. Just learned about it from a friend two days ago.. Reviews are mixed. Those of you that have one, what's your experience? I'm a bit interested in one, but at the same time it seems to be kind of a big sob... But a 30-round capacity in .22M is attractive... smile
Safariman was a big Kel Tec fan.
Posted By: NYNY Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30 questions... - 05/10/21
Great pistol. Owned mine 5 years. Always works and is 1.5" 5 shot @ 25.

Just use the special PISTOL 22 mag rf ammo.

Would be big cure at an ANTIFA riot.

Be sure to buy a magazine loader !
Do they come with one, or two magazines?? Kel-Tec site does not specify..
Two
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30 questions... - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Well there is that
Thank you... smile
Posted By: davet Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30 questions... - 05/10/21
I know 3 people who have them and like them. The magazines are tight from the start so they can malfunction when loaded with the full 30 rounds until they break in.

An option to break in the magazines is loading the full 30 in both mags and leave them loaded when not in use to let the springs relax a bit while they rest.

One of the guys just loaded 25 in each mag until he had 500 or so shots through it and them loading with 30 wasn't a problem.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Well there is that
I personally don't own a P9 and never will again, but typically I refer to that gun as a "safariman special". IIRC the fire's number one annuity salesman, super christian and ass-shooter of bears, owned a PMR30 also.
Interested in one myself. Be Well, RZ.

Well there is that
I personally don't own a P9 and never will again, but typically I refer to that gun as a "safariman special". IIRC the fire's number one annuity salesman, super christian and ass-shooter of bears, owned a PMR30 also.

Did you get some sour mother's milk as a kid? Obviously no personal experience with a PMR30 but just feel the need to run your pie-hole.
Lee- Been very happy with mine. As you say mixed reviews on them. All of ours have been great though. I carry often in the woods. Light and high capacity and don’t have to worry about beating it up.
My FIL has one. It is reliable and reasonably accurate. Kinda neat. My least favorite feature is the heel mag release. My FIL lost a loaded mag walking in the woods. Not particularly rough terrain.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Well there is that

Did you get some sour mother's milk as a kid? Obviously no personal experience with a PMR30 but just feel the need to run your pie-hole.
Please remove the cock from your mouth when addressing me Mr. Spermguzzler.
Posted By: Judman Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30 questions... - 05/11/21
I’ve been around a few, for a cheap plastic pos, they’re pretty damn accurate. Need to buy a couple, 1 for the camp trailer the other for chickens. 👍
If you have never fired a 22mag pistol,
The muzzle blast will be a surprise.

Noisy buggers.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If you have never fired a 22mag pistol,
The muzzle blast will be a surprise.

Noisy buggers.
I believe it... Gotta be a bit less than my 5" barreled .327 Federal though.. laugh laugh

Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
My FIL has one. It is reliable and reasonably accurate. Kinda neat. My least favorite feature is the heel mag release.
Ahhh, didn't know that part..

I think this might be one handgun I'll leave alone.. Thank you all for the posts and info.. Much appreciated.. smile smile
Posted By: NYNY Re: Kel-Tec PMR-30 questions... - 05/11/21
If you use RIFLE ammo you get a big blast. If you use PISTOL ammo you don't.
© 24hourcampfire