Home
Posted By: pacecars Alan Harton build - 05/28/21
I am sending Alan Harton a Taylor’s & Co. Cattleman .38-40 and a spare .357 cylinder. He is going to make it a 10mm/.38-40 convertible and add a S&W J Frame rear sight and a ramp front sight and an action job. I figure add a Belt Mountain base pin and thinking about having Scott Kolar make some bone grips. Any thing else I should have done?
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Alan Harton build - 05/28/21
Partner if you've got those fellows working on it there ain't much else to wish for. In my case I'd like to have a 40 S&W cylinder but I load and shoot a lot of 40 anyway
Posted By: EdM Re: Alan Harton build - 05/28/21
Maybe mod the hammer? He's done two for me though they started out as SBH hammers. I marked them up with a Sharpie, we met and he proceeded to lean the profile and reshape the thumbpiece.

44 Magnum

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

38 WCF

Posted By: RGK Re: Alan Harton build - 05/28/21
Ed, that hammer profile is awesome. Nice custom touch.
Bob
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Alan Harton build - 05/29/21
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Partner if you've got those fellows working on it there ain't much else to wish for. In my case I'd like to have a 40 S&W cylinder but I load and shoot a lot of 40 anyway
Why not just shoot 40 in the 10mm cylinder?
Posted By: pacecars Re: Alan Harton build - 05/29/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Why not just shoot 40 in the 10mm cylinder?

It won’t work in a single action since it head spaces off the mouth since there is no rim. You can do it with moon clips in a double action
© 24hourcampfire