Home
Posted By: Dave_in_WV SIG P365 safety - 06/16/21
I ordered a safety kit for my P365. Easy to install. Since all of my other semi autos are single action I wanted a manual safety. I know the P365 is striker fired but it doesn't have a trigger safety like Glocks and other pistols. Keeping my "booger hook" off the pew switch is a rule of firearm safety but I don't want a surprise.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/16/21
What’s the cost and just how easy is it to install?

Will it fit the 365 XL?

DF
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/16/21
The kit cost me $45 + $10 shipping. I ordered the grip module that has the cut outs for the safety. You can notch them yourself.

Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
One review on line criticized the safety, saying it wasn't in the right place for fast and easy access and it cut the shooter's thumb.with recoil.

If I had a Sig 365XL, think I'd just be careful with it and not add the safety.

DF
Posted By: SS336 Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
My 365XL has the safety, I don’t have a problem with it. To me the draw stroke is similar to a 1911.
A little practice with it and it feels natural. I like it. YMMV
Originally Posted by SS336
My 365XL has the safety, I don’t have a problem with it. To me the draw stroke is similar to a 1911.

Did it come with the safety or did you add it?

DF
Posted By: jerrywoodswalker Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21

Ditto for me, 40 plus years with a 1911, so not an issue.

Mine came with the safety.

Jerry
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I ordered a safety kit for my P365. Easy to install. Since all of my other semi autos are single action I wanted a manual safety. I know the P365 is striker fired but it doesn't have a trigger safety like Glocks and other pistols. Keeping my "booger hook" off the pew switch is a rule of firearm safety but I don't want a surprise.

Thanks for this post, I am going to have to buy this as I do not feel at ease with my SAS at all. It is the only striker fired pistol I own.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
Don't forget to put the take down lever back to horizontal (normal) position or the safety won't go into place.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Don't forget to put the take down lever back to horizontal (normal) position or the safety won't go into place.

OK Thanks.
Posted By: SS336 Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
Dirtfarmer, it came with the safety. Since I appendix carry it seemed like a good idea. 😳😂
IMO the XL barrel/slide length with the standard shorter grip would be handy.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21

I haven't seen the P-365 with a safety but the P-320 with a safety interfered with my ability to use the slide release without repositioning my grip
The slide release on mine is so tight I just do a slingshot with the slide. It' no biggie to me because I used to carry a LCP and empty mags didn't activate the slide release.
I ordered a gray grip module with the safety kit.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Dirtfarmer, it came with the safety. Since I appendix carry it seemed like a good idea. 😳😂

Yeah, with that carry, you could possibly shoot off something you need, or at least think you need.... blush

wink

BTW, what holster do you use for that carry. I looked at the Urban Carry G3 on line, just never handled one.

And I was concerned about the larger 365XL vs. the regular 365 regarding concealability. Which would be the better choice over all?

My nephew has the 365 and I like the way it feels, like the trigger. He seems to think the XL has an even better trigger and he prefers it to his gun.

DF
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/17/21
365X for me. The best of what the 365 and 365XL has to offer. I really like it. No safety on mine and don't plan to get one.
Posted By: SS336 Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/18/21
Dirtfarmer,
Usually this one. PJ Kydex.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: hookeye Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/19/21
Didnt know they had safety and non safety models.
Carried P35 and 1911 for decades so not an issue.
My 365 has the safety.
Posted By: StarchedCover Re: SIG P365 safety - 06/19/21
I went with the P365 XL with the safety , as a long time 1911 user it is just natural to sweep off the safety on the draw and reapply when going back to the holster .
© 24hourcampfire