Home
Posted By: glockdoofus STILL IMPROVING - 06/17/21
Just got home from the Psychologist and am improving steadily.
Hope all of you have been doing well and have been putting them all in the bullseye.
Have a great day.
Posted By: pullit Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/17/21
good to hear
Posted By: local_dirt Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/17/21
How was the pudding, and your sippy cup?

Did the nice staff member put your Flintstones lobster bib on for you?

Lol.
Posted By: Waders Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Lol.

It would appear that 'doofus is sincerely trying to do better as of late. I don't know how berating him benefits anyone.

We typically do better here in the HANDGUNS forum. If you need to hate on somebody, perhaps you could take it to the HUNTER'S CAMPFIRE forum. Please?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/17/21
Originally Posted by Waders

Lol.

It would appear that 'doofus is sincerely trying to do better as of late. I don't know how berating him benefits anyone.

We typically do better here in the HANDGUNS forum. If you need to hate on somebody, perhaps you could take it to the HUNTER'S CAMPFIRE forum. Please?

Who's berating? I'm joking.

If you don't like it, feel free to tred elsewhere.

I'm not in charge of your moccasins. Nor are you in charge of mine.
Posted By: Waders Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Local Dirt,

I apologize for coming across poorly in my earlier post. I'm not trying to bust your chops. Really. But, labeling remarks as a joke, doesn't really change anything. We all know that.

I understand nobody on the internet can make anybody else do anything. Hence, my phraseology--I asked you, not told you. I'm still asking (politely) to give a guy the opportunity to change and not give him grief about it--nobody wants 'doofus going back to his old ways.

We can benefit one another more by building each other up, not tearing down.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Hope all of you have been doing well and have been putting them all in the bullseye.
Have a great day.

I know way to many people going through some difficult mental times right now. Most are not strong enough to seek therapy.

Best of luck to you.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Local Dirt,

I apologize for coming across poorly in my earlier post. I'm not trying to bust your chops. Really. But, labeling remarks as a joke, doesn't really change anything. We all know that.

I understand nobody on the internet can make anybody else do anything. Hence, my phraseology--I asked you, not told you. I'm still asking (politely) to give a guy the opportunity to change and not give him grief about it--nobody wants 'doofus going back to his old ways.

What are doofus' old ways?

I only read him as a lampooning prankster.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Local Dirt,

What are doofus' old ways?

I only read him as a lampooning prankster.

The old GD was very helpful and contributed very worthwhile content.

If GD is able to turn himself around and return to his previous self this forum would be the richer for it.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Have a great day.

I took this as a tongue in cheek reference to a shooting trip.
Whatever it is.

Glad things went well.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
"I reccomend whiskey, and lots of it. What was the question?"

Just kidding. Hang in GD.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
#attentionwhore
#cantshootforschidt
Posted By: HitnRun Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Local Dirt,

Go ahead and hope for the best with yourself surrounded with losers. You can sing Kumbaya holding hands with Biden and doofus, or flush them and those like them down the toilet.

Best thing to do is flush the turds, we already have a penal system full of losers, guys like you would like to rehabilitate.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/18/21
Too funny.

The irony.
Posted By: Waders Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/19/21
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Local Dirt,

Go ahead and hope for the best with yourself surrounded with losers. You can sing Kumbaya holding hands with Biden and doofus, or flush them and those like them down the toilet.

Best thing to do is flush the turds, we already have a penal system full of losers, guys like you would like to rehabilitate.

It's true, we make ourselves vulnerable when we reach out to people who might betray us or take advantage of us. But, being nice on the internet is a pretty cheap risk--if 'doofus proves to be a troll/jerk, oh well. Nobody is out anything. On the contrary, if he contributes and establishes a few friendships here, then we all win.

As for your personal insults, you've mischaracterized me, but I'm happy to let it slide. The HANDGUNS forum is better when we talk handguns rather than disparage others. Have a good day!
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/20/21
Local Dirt,

Some of the best men I know have had experiences similar to GD's. Can't say I've been there, can't say I understand it, but I wish it on no one, and only with the best for those working through their challenging times.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/20/21
You guys need to find better friends.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/20/21

I have excellent friends, but you do not qualify to join their ranks.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: STILL IMPROVING - 06/20/21
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I have excellent friends, but you do not qualify to join their ranks.

Wow, that really hurts.
© 24hourcampfire