Home
Posted By: arapahoe14 Taurus - 06/18/21
I hear that many Taurus autos (the G2C, the G3) are actually very good pistols. Anyone here have experience with newer Taurus auto pistols?
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Taurus - 06/18/21
I don't but I've owned three Taurus autos and all were fine. One was the PT92 and two of their 1911's. Never a hitch with any of them.
Posted By: colodog Re: Taurus - 06/18/21
I've owned a PT 1911, a PT 92, a PT111 Millennium G2 and a PT22 Poly and all were fine.
The PT111 and the PT22 Poly are the ones that fit my needs best and aren't going anywhere.
Posted By: Rugies Re: Taurus - 06/18/21
Ive got a g2c and recently got a g3c.The g2c ive put about 1000 or so rounds thru it with no problems . Cheap but reliable.
Posted By: arapahoe14 Re: Taurus - 06/18/21
I was just reading about slide bite being a problem with the G3 and G2 pistols. I’d hate to have a gun I’m afraid to shoot...
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Taurus - 06/18/21
I had the PT92 for years, and had no complaints at all. Smooth, reliable, guns. The newer design polymer handguns they're making now in Florida have a great reputation, too.
Posted By: ExpatFromOK Re: Taurus - 06/19/21
My TX22 is one of my favorite handguns. It is not super accurate, but it is quite accurate with ammo it likes and I can hit what I’m shooting at with pretty much anything else to include bulk pack ammo. It is VERY reliable, the ergonomics are great, it is light, it carries 16+1 and is relatively inexpensive. I’m thinking about replacing my Gen 1 Shield and the Shield Plus is an obvious choice. That said, everything I’m reading about the ergonomics, trigger, and reliability of the Taurus GX4 is turning my head.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Taurus - 06/20/21
The PT 92 was and I assume is a hell of a fine handgun. As would be expected since it was a Beretta in every way but the name on the side, built on Beretta tooling.
Posted By: steve99 Re: Taurus - 06/20/21
My G2c has been reliable through over 500 rounds. Fits my hand well.
Posted By: Savuti Re: Taurus - 06/20/21
A PT111 Millenium G2 had great ergos and never hiccuped.
But the trigger sucked BALLZ! So it's gone.

OTOH, the TX 22 is fast becoming my fave pocket rimfire.
Posted By: GreggH Re: Taurus - 06/20/21
My G2 has been nothing but reliable. It also has a great habit of putting the brass in a pretty small area. Not scattering it over a half acre.
GreggH
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Taurus - 06/21/21
I started with a PT111 and gave it to a friend, when it was time to move up to the G2c and I've had 3 of those they have been excellent, and reliable. Friends keep talking me in to selling them. I recently picked up one with a Stainless slide, then I found a G3c and a G3. So far also reliable. Watched several reviews on them and haven't heard a bad word. Even Hickok 45 has used all three and not had a single problem at all. I think they have a home run. Dealers I've talked to get some in and they are gone in a couple of days. So good reports are out on them, all over.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Taurus - 06/21/21
I’d not have a problem buying and carrying any of their auto loaders. Owned several and they were very reliable.

On the other hand, every one of their revolvers I’ve owned were unreliable junk. Won’t ever purchase another.
© 24hourcampfire