Home
Posted By: Teal Bowen - 06/21/21
All -

I know Hamilton Bowen's work has always had a stellar reputation. Does that reputation continue today? (I'm not poking - asking, last guy I really saw talk him up was SteveNO and he's not been here for a while)

I have a Ruger Bisley in 480. Bought it last year - Lipsey's run.

It's not as nicely finished as my Vaquero was
I'm not necessarily a fan of the longer barrel - would like 5.5" barrel

So I was thinking Bowen to do some work - basically the RS03(3) package (B250 as well - regulation of sights)

Is there anything else I should have done - for sure to spruce it up mechanically?

Someone else I should think about checking out instead of Bowen?

Bowen Ruger Packages

Maybe this?

B210 Set headspace and cylinder endfloat … $70.00
B220 Regulate barrel-to-cylinder gap … $150.00
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Bowen - 06/21/21
He does nice work, I’d get as much done as I could possibly afford. The full customs are fantastic.
Posted By: Teal Re: Bowen - 06/21/21
That's what I'm thinking - with the likely wait I'll have, I want to get as much done at once.
Posted By: John_Havard Re: Bowen - 06/21/21
None better.
Posted By: VaHunter Re: Bowen - 06/21/21
Clements Custom Guns in Woodlawn Virginia has a good reputation with Ruger revolvers, although I have never used his services myself.
Posted By: lastround Re: Bowen - 06/22/21
Mr. Bowen does some wonderful work on Rutgers.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bowen - 06/22/21
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Clements Custom Guns in Woodlawn Virginia has a good reputation with Ruger revolvers, although I have never used his services myself.

David is winding down into retirement.
Posted By: EdM Re: Bowen - 06/22/21
The Bowen stuff I own or have owned were completed many years ago. That said, I would not his work today at all. How does your gun shoot now?
Posted By: blueseawhale Re: Bowen - 06/23/21
I can testify to his good works
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Bowen - 06/23/21
I would add a new rear sight to the list. Had that included for a .45 Colt job. Wish I would have done that for a .41 he previously worked on that required a new higher front sight for proper regulation of point of impact. Need to remember to order a replacement sight for that revolver.
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Bowen - 07/04/21
I had Hamilton do some work on a couple of Smith 629’s back when he still worked on S&W revolvers. Been quite a while back, but he did outstanding work. Only thing I have had done recently was to hone out the cylinder on a Ruger .45 Colt to shoot wide flat cast bullets. Looks great and shoots just fine.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Bowen - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by VaHunter

I’ve used both Mr Bowen and Mr Clements over the years.
Both do outstanding work !!!
© 24hourcampfire