Home
Posted By: Bluedreaux July Shooting Match - 07/02/21
How about some B8s? Low round count, and can be fired slow enough for restrictive ranges.

Shoot it at 10 yards, 25 yards, both, or whatever. If you have a timer, post up how fast or slow you shot it.

Printable B8 here with instructions on how to print it to the correct size. https://www.bigtexordnance.com/tap-rack-tactical-bill-blowers-b-8-target/
Posted By: Waders Re: July Shooting Match - 07/03/21
Did you have anything specific in mind?

Or, just go make some holes in the paper and say what you did?
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: July Shooting Match - 07/03/21
That’s what I was thinking. Just shoot a B8 and let people know what you did. Trying to make it as accessible as possible to encourage participation.
Posted By: Waders Re: July Shooting Match - 07/04/21
I went to the range for a few minutes this morning, but I didn't really feel like doing drills or anything useful. So I just plinked with .22's and a couple other guns. Our club stocks B-8 targets so I grabbed and couple and shot one at 7 yds and the other and 50 ft. I was using a two-hand hold, untimed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: sjphillips Re: July Shooting Match - 07/04/21
Dont think I would want to get in front of you Waders!
Posted By: Waders Re: July Shooting Match - 07/05/21
Thanks, but at those distances, with a red dot, two hands, and all the time in the world, it's not terribly noteworthy marksmanship. It think many of the guys here would do as well or better. But I do appreciate the kind remarks.

Take care!
Posted By: NH K9 Re: July Shooting Match - 07/06/21
Originally Posted by Waders
I went to the range for a few minutes this morning, but I didn't really feel like doing drills or anything useful. So I just plinked with .22's and a couple other guns. Our club stocks B-8 targets so I grabbed and couple and shot one at 7 yds and the other and 50 ft. I was using a two-hand hold, untimed.

I guess I need a ruling from The Boss, but Blue needs to DQ you for reporting one measurement in yards and one in feet!
That might set my teeth to grinding a bit. smile
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: July Shooting Match - 07/06/21
Just so long as it ain't metric!
Posted By: Waders Re: July Shooting Match - 07/17/21
I was at the range this morning. This target was designed by Ernest Langdon. The two big bullseye's are B-8 size. I shot the top B-8 at 25 ft with a Sig P365XL, using a one hand hold. The bottom B-8 was two hands with a G19, also at 25 ft. Both strings were untimed.

Posted By: NVhntr Re: July Shooting Match - 07/17/21
Good shooting. Red dots on both?
Posted By: Waders Re: July Shooting Match - 07/17/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Good shooting. Red dots on both?

Yes (sorry--I should have said as much. Vortex Venom on the G19, and Holosun 507 K X2 on the Sig).
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: July Shooting Match - 07/30/21
I was going to try to do video but had problems so you get crappy screenshots from the video.

Both pistols are my duty guns, stock M&Ps. The MRDS is a 6MOA RMR.

The Kyle Defoor hat qual standard is a 90 points in 20 seconds.

(It's not labeled, but IRONS)

Kyle Defoor Hat Qual
© 24hourcampfire