Home
Posted By: Sharpshooter97 Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Passed through a gunshop last week that had a lightly used Gen 5 Glock 17 with night sights for $485. I've been thinking about picking up a 17 for a while as I've been carrying a Glock 26 for years and this one came up. I did notice that the stock trigger does feel better than the older gens it definitely breaks cleaner and feels smooth. At least compared to gen 3 and 4 Glocks. Shot 100 rounds through it yesterday and am quite happy with the purchase, with the current price of most handguns I was happy with the deal. Hope everyone had a good weekend, keep shootin!
Posted By: Cattledog Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Good buy, congrats. There’s a lot to like about the Gen 5.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Very nice pickup. And good deal with night sights. I bought a G17 Gen 5. Put night sights on it. I had never owned any prior gen G17. Liked it so much I bought another one for a backup.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Can't have too many 9mm's (or Glocks).
Posted By: Sharpshooter97 Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Very nice pickup. And good deal with night sights. I bought a G17 Gen 5. Put night sights on it. I had never owned any prior gen G17. Liked it so much I bought another one for a backup.

I also didn't own any prior gen G17, I'm a fan of this one. I have other Glocks but this was the first gen 5 I've bought
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
You did good. Nice purchase!
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Congratulations, you got a great pistol at 1 great price.
Posted By: pullit Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
I am not a Glock fan but I will say that I am happy with my Glock 48 now that it has Shield Arms 15 round mags.
Don't get me wrong, I am sure Glocks are fine guns (I do have a 23, and a 44 as well as my 48) but they do not fit or feel as good to me as my S&W M&P's do.

That did look like a good price on the one you picked up, congrats.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Can't have too many 9mm's (or Glocks).

Very true, this is the 4th Glock I own now. They are tough to beat for the price.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
You are talking my current issue service weapon. It is a solid bullet launcher, accurate enough, decent trigger for the type, as reliable as any other good quality semi auto. I prefer the 2.0 M&P, but can't really ding the Gen 5 G17 too much.
Originally Posted by MOGC
You are talking my current issue service weapon. It is a solid bullet launcher, accurate enough, decent trigger for the type, as reliable as any other good quality semi auto. I prefer the 2.0 M&P, but can't really ding the Gen 5 G17 too much.

I had a 2.0 M&P when they first came out, solid gun but I don't like the hinged trigger in the M&P. I find the gen 5 Glock trigger better for me. But I have nothing bad to say about either of them.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
you must be one rich MF to afford a glock AND to buy ammo for it in this day and age. Next thing ya gonna tell me you shot holes in a $200 sheet of plywood? Lol
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
you must be one rich MF to afford a glock AND to buy ammo for it in this day and age. Next thing ya gonna tell me you shot holes in a $200 sheet of plywood? Lol

I wish I had cash for ammo and plywood haha. Still shooting up my stash of 9mm from before the shortage.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Hard to go wrong with gen 5! Im looking at a 34 gen 5 with optic plate. Shot my buddies open sight at 50 yards and was hitting a self healing target. Great firearms.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Hard to go wrong with gen 5! Im looking at a 34 gen 5 with optic plate. Shot my buddies open sight at 50 yards and was hitting a self healing target. Great firearms.

The 34 is a good choice, don't own one but they seem to be really popular with the competition shooters.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Another 9mm - 08/02/21
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
You did good. Nice purchase!

Yep. The Gen 5 version’s seem to have a better Factory trigger, too.
© 24hourcampfire