Home
Posted By: Mrhp Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/08/21
Have anib Colt Saa 45 in the box. 99% shot a handful of times. 7.5 barrel. What’s it worth in today’s market? It is a 1971 manufacture.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/08/21
Today? I'd run 4 large up the flagpole.
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/08/21
Seriously? I had a local gun shop laugh when I said I was asking 3200. I better rethink my price!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/08/21
List it on GunBroker. No reserve Auction. Start the bidding at .01 cents. You’ll find out exactly what it’s worth.

I’m gonna guess $2500 To $3000.

To bring top dollar to a Colt Collector, they want them new in the box. Unfired. Unfortunately, yours is no longer in that condition. Once you shoot it. No matter how clean they are, they’re still only a 95 % rated gun.
I guess I am not too far off on price. It just may find itself In the classifieds. Thank You!
Originally Posted by Mrhp
Have anib Colt Saa 45 in the box. 99% shot a handful of times. 7.5 barrel. What’s it worth in today’s market? It is a 1971 manufacture.

$4,000.00. Just a guess.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Today? I'd run 4 large up the flagpole.

GMTA.

Pictures, please.
Here it is!

Attached picture A014FC86-84BC-4E40-9B62-7E0BC62B4E86.jpeg
That's damned nice. I'm sure you can get north of $4,000.00 for it. Factory nickel brings a premium, and Second Gen are as sought after as First Gen.
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/09/21
Listed in the classifieds. Bigger picture too.
How'd you come by that treasure?
I’ve had it for a while. Really hate to part with it, but my interests have changed in regards to handguns. Can’t afford to keep them all, unfortunately.
I’ve had it for a while. Really hate to part with it, but my interests have changed in regards to handguns. Can’t afford to keep them all, unfortunately.

I know what you mean.
Posted By: LFC Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/09/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
List it on GunBroker. No reserve Auction. Start the bidding at .01 cents. You’ll find out exactly what it’s worth.

I’m gonna guess $2500 To $3000.

To bring top dollar to a Colt Collector, they want them new in the box. Unfired. Unfortunately, yours is no longer in that condition. Once you shoot it. No matter how clean they are, they’re still only a 95 % rated gun.

I agree once fired it becomes a shooter..

Fellow could buy a nicer shooter say a Ruger for less than a thousand dollars.

Myself I would not pay over $1500 to $2000 just to say I have a Colt
Originally Posted by LFC

Myself I would not pay over $1500 to $2000 just to say I have a Colt

The price range you mention would be appropriate for a 3rd Gen in nice shape, with a standard factory finish (I bought one last year like that for about $1,600.00). But 2nd Gen Single Action Army revolvers in nice shape like that, with a factory nickel finish, with box and papers, are a good bit more desirable to Colt collectors, and thus bring significantly higher prices these days.

PS Here's the 3rd Gen Colt SAA I bought last year for $1,600.00. It was made in the middle to late 2000s, and has the removable cylinder bushing. Earlier 3rd Gens had one piece cylinders. Enough Colt SAA fans complained that they eventually went back to the old fashioned two piece, with removable bushings. The 3rd Gens with removable bushings go for a premium vs the early 3rd Gens.

[Linked Image]

Here's what you need to compare with: Link to Gunbroker

And Mrhp's is in nicer shape, and has a factory nickel finish.

Mrhp, you need to put yours up on gunbroker. Start the bidding at $3,750.00. You'll get over $4,000.00 for it.
I have never used gunbroker. I guess I need to do some research.
Posted By: LFC Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/10/21
Nice gun...I'm not a gun collector I have no desire to own something I can't touch.

99.999990% of the gun owners in the world are not gun collectors either....I'll guess you're not a collector either.

A gun collector wouldnt want the gun he has because it has been shot.

Nothing really rare about it other the the Colt name stamped on it...yet I'm supposed to pay some collector price for a shooter ?

You shot it...I'm guessing you cleaned it.

If you dont mind me asking what product did you use to clean It ?
Originally Posted by LFC
A gun collector wouldn't want the gun he has because it has been shot.

That's just plain ignorant.
I have never used gunbroker. I guess I need to do some research.

Theres other options...send it to Gunrunner online auctions....I've bought a few guns on there but never sold anything.
Guns usually bring top dollar...check out their past monthly auctions.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by LFC
A gun collector wouldn't want the gun he has because it has been shot.

That's just plain ignorant.

Nothing ignorant about it Mr.Collector bOy.

Why not quote what I said in its entirety instead of nit picking what I posted ?

A gun collector is looking for new in the box unfired if possible.

There are plenty of 1971 vintage Colts that have never been shot....we ain't talking 1800s dumbass.
Originally Posted by LFC
A gun collector is looking for new in the box unfired if possible.
Well, duh. The "if possible" changes everything. You previously stated that no collector is interested in guns that have been shot before. I cannot imagine a more ignorant statement.
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/10/21
LFC, if you don’t like this thread, move on pal. Negative comments like yours are not wanted or welcome here. You are insulting the rest of us while embarrassing yourself.

Naturally, this is your firearm, and your entitled to ask what you feel you'd like to get for it! That's your perogative!

Since your asking, what others think that it's worth, I'll weigh in.

Again, It's worth what someone will pay for it, and what you can get out of it.

The old saying, "you can ask a Million Dollars", always applies!

Book Value, (which really doesn't mean to apply these days), is always a good place to start, and like others have said, price check the Auction Forums,
Gun Broker, Guns International, to name a few.

Late 2 nd Gen. Colts are what they are, Almost New in the Box, Nickel,(more $) 7.5 in. Barrel
Book:
$2800.00-$3200.00

I would not be surprised if you get well above these BOOK numbers!
Ask what you want, you can always come Down!

It's yours, Ask, and get what you want!

There's a buyer for everything! JMO!!!

Originally Posted by HunterShooter58

2 nd Gen. Colts are what they are, Almost New in the Box, Nickel,(more $) 7.5 in. Barrel
Book:
$2800.00-$3200.00

It's yours, Ask, and get what you want!

There's a buyer for everything! JMO!!!

If he were in a hurry, that would be a price range to look for, but if he's willing to take his time, based on what people are actually getting these days, he will be able to get north of $4,000.00 in today's market.
I agree with you on that!
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/11/21
I am going to try and set an account up on Gunbroker. I have a couple more I am looking to off load. I sure appreciate all the help fellas!
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/11/21
Go to Gunsinternationa.com where they have dozens listed. See what people are asking for a revolver like yours. I think you'll see 4k is pretty optimistic.
Posted By: LFC Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/12/21
LFC, if you don’t like this thread, move on pal. Negative comments like yours are not wanted or welcome here. You are insulting the rest of us while embarrassing yourself.

Why don't you and your "ignorant" smart azz buddy kiss my azz...

Good luck getting top dollar on Gunbroker or any website with out good feedback.

I for one would not pay anywhere close to top dollar for a gun from some bOzo on an internet forum hawking his wares.
LFC, you've proven yourself to be a complete ignoramus on this question.

PS I didn't know Mrhp existed till this thread. You either. He seems a perfect gentlemen, though, which is a lot more than I can say for you.
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/12/21
The Real Hawkeye, I appreciate your help in this matter. As far as LFC goes, he has shown his true colors. Quite childish and untrustworthy. If LFC would like to take it off the board, I am all for that, but remember. Nobody wins a fight over the internet. Seems LFC is some kind of mental midget, trying to push his way through a crowd. Good day Sir!
Posted By: LFC Re: Colt 2nd gen nickel - 10/13/21

Anyone with an IQ over 25 can see this was a set up thread for the your advertisement of the said gun in the Classifieds.

All just bait for the your hOOk.....couldn't get that sucker you were hoping for in the sale section to bite.

I with draw my $1500 dollar offer.
© 24hourcampfire