Home
Posted By: Waders Model 19's at the Range Today - 10/30/21
I took a couple Model 19's to the range today. I couldn't really decide which one I liked better. I enjoy them both. I shoot with any a few guys almost every Saturday morning, and we typically go get a bite to eat afterwards. I shot with two different groups today. After the second group it was close to lunchtime so we went to the local Chinese place. We got to talking about how people add the words "in bed" to the end of the fortunes in the fortune cookie, and we decided to be different. Instead we added the words "with a gun."

Not the best lighting for a pic, but you get the idea.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's a shot in better light.

I also have a Pachmayr grip for it.

Here are the fortunes from lunch. Mine is the middle one. I am really looking forward to a new relationship with a gun! smile
Cool. Particularly like the S&W.

Hickok45 has commented on how serendipitous is was that two guns that fill a similar role so well, but at different times in history, happened to get the same model name attached to them.
i have a 19 like the one pictured, bought it tuned and with the pac's which i never liked. finally put wood back on it.
strange to think i paid 150bucks for it including a holster, and several hundreds of ammo.
Yeah, back in the early early 2000s you could pick up nice 19s for not much money.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Hickok45 has commented on how serendipitous is was that two guns that fill a similar role so well, but at different times in history, happened to get the same model name attached to them.

He got me. laugh

Was looking for the second Model 19...
Originally Posted by johnw

He got me. laugh

Seriously? You didn't realize the Glock was a 19?
Posted By: EdM Re: Model 19's at the Range Today - 11/01/21

He got me. laugh

I own an azzload of handguns and one Glock, a M40, so not a clue on a M19.

He got me. laugh

Seriously...

In my little world the term "Model 19" means something

But even I can appreciate the play on names...

Seriously...

In my little world the term "Model 19" means something

But even I can appreciate the play on names...
Were've you been these last 30 years? grin
]Were've you been these last 30 years? grin

Literally here and there

Been laid off from Mount Storm, WVa on Wednesday morning and started a new job in Douglas Wy Thursday night.

Alabama, Tennessee, Ohio, New York, to Garden City Ks, or the west coast of Iowa.

And speak of the Model 19 in any of those places, there is no confusion about the subject
]Were've you been these last 30 years? grin

Literally here and there

Been laid off from Mount Storm, WVa on Wednesday morning and started a new job in Douglas Wy Thursday night.

Alabama, Tennessee, Ohio, New York, to Garden City Ks, or the west coast of Iowa.

And speak of the Model 19 in any of those places, there is no confusion about the subject

John, There's an old member from here that you should meet around Douglas.
Just checked my old book. Worked at Douglas for 6 weeks and then back to La Cygne, KS

They know what a Model 19 is there too... smile
Just checked my old book. Worked at Douglas for 6 weeks and then back to La Cygne, KS

I'm a fan of the S&W 19 myself. I've got a snubby and a (recently acquired) four inch. But it's only reasonable to give credit where credit is due. My daily carry is a Glock 19 (has been for some years now), which model is well renowned in that role. Has been for some 30 years.

PS Here's my recently acquired, early 1980s, S&W 19:

[Linked Image]
I will always have a special place in my heart for the S&W Model 19; it was my first handgun. Its a brilliant revolver!

Unlike most, I actually prefer the wide target trigger for DA work; I think it feels great.
What sort of young punk calls the Combat Magnum a model 19?
Originally Posted by trplem
What sort of young punk calls the Combat Magnum a model 19?

LOL. Good point.

I'm a fan of the S&W 19 myself. I've got a snubby and a (recently acquired) four inch. But it's only reasonable to give credit where credit is due. My daily carry is a Glock 19 (has been for some years now), which model is well renowned in that role. Has been for some 30 years.

PS Here's my recently acquired, early 1980s, S&W 19:

[Linked Image]

Very nice! Was the S&W logo on the left side of the gun and not on the sideplate anymore in the early 80s? When did they start to relocate the place for their logo?

How do you carry your Glock 19, in what kind of holster?
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

Very nice! Was the S&W logo on the left side of the gun and not on the sideplate anymore in the early 80s? When did they start to relocate the place for their logo?

How do you carry your Glock 19, in what kind of holster?

Thanks, Elmer.

Yeah, they switched sides for the logo at some point prior to 1983 (which was when mine was made).

I carry my Glock 19 in an El Paso Saddlery C-Force IWB holster. I'm very pleased with it. Must be ten years that I've been using them, first for my Glock 17, and in the last few years for my Glock 19.
Posted By: TWR Re: Model 19's at the Range Today - 11/03/21
My 1978 model 66 no dash is clean on that side and my later model 686-3 1988-93 production has the logo on the left side.
I took a shot of both my Model 19 S&W Combat Magnums together.

[Linked Image]
Very nice Hawkeye. K-frames are my favorite and those two are perfect. 😎
Originally Posted by SS336
Very nice Hawkeye. K-frames are my favorite and those two are perfect. 😎

Thanks, SS. When I decided I wanted a very clean example of a four inch Combat Magnum, I had one in mind with a pinned barrel and recessed chambers (a pre-82), but the prices on those in nice shape have gone Colt Python all the sudden, so I settled for a very clean 1983 example that I could find for much less. The snubby Combat Magnum in the picture was acquired by me when pre-82 examples were still very reasonably priced.
Palm smack.

It just dawned on me how many model numbers Glock & Smith share. And according to the story of the Gl numbering process it's coincidental.
© 24hourcampfire