Home
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Colt King Cobra 3" barrel - 11/22/21
Thoughts? I am interested in a polished stainless model.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Colt King Cobra 3" barrel - 11/22/21
My wife has a stainless one with a 4" barrel. It seems to be a very robust, pleasant shooting revolver. Her's has a very smooth double and single action trigger pull.
If referring to the new model, I picked one up last month. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but it is a solid revolver. Balances really well in the hand. I’m hoping it shoots as well as it handles. Even if it doesn’t, it’s still a really cool piece of new Colt history.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Colt King Cobra 3" barrel - 11/24/21
I think its the best small 3" all steel revolver out there right now.
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Better than the venerable SW model 66? If so, that's say a lot. I like Colt, wish the Cobra was offered with adjustable sights.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Colt King Cobra 3" barrel - 11/24/21
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

Better than the venerable SW model 66? If so, that's say a lot. I like Colt, wish the Cobra was offered with adjustable sights.
Yeah, better than the 66 IMO...But they're so close its just down to personal preference. I'd be quite happy with either of them. Kinda telling that 40 years later, Colt brings out a brand new gun, and it's only marginally better than the one S&W brought out in the '50's. Not knocking Colt, just shows how good the 19/66 is.

I like this one for sure and I got 250 rounds of Fed 158 gr ammo from the seller as well.

Yeah, better than the 66 IMO...But they're so close its just down to personal preference. I'd be quite happy with either of them. Kinda telling that 40 years later, Colt brings out a brand new gun, and it's only marginally better than the one S&W brought out in the '50's. Not knocking Colt, just shows how good the 19/66 is.

Colt’s only 40 years behind S&W in Revolver innovations ?
Who would have thought it. 😜
No Thanks, I’ll stick with my 3” Model 66 S&W
Posted By: Slavek Re: Colt King Cobra 3" barrel - 11/25/21
Do not worry there are perfectly good affordable alternatives to expensive S&W and Colt revolvers....this is good value with some carry/... and can carry use revolver w/o regrets. The price is fair for as they say good solid short barreled revolver.

They also have blued carbon steel one very useful if you do not live in very humid areas of United States.
These will sell quickly so do not wait long if you want good mid-size revolver.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Colt’s only 40 years behind S&W in Revolver innovations ?
Who would have thought it. 😜
No Thanks, I’ll stick with my 3” Model 66 S&W

There is a reason why Jerry Miculek and Ed McGivern shot Smiths.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Colt King Cobra 3" barrel - 11/29/21
If you want to yank a DA revolver trigger as hard and fast as you possibly can, then S&W is for you. But then you may still be using a revolver for self defense, something I don't do. You probably also have delusions of grandeur if you think that's the reason you need a S&W.
© 24hourcampfire