Home
Posted By: Navarro taurus oss 45 acp - 01/23/07
does anyone have any info ,on this new taurus oss 45 acp that was made for the military ,there is an article in the new American Rifleman on it good article but just thought someone might have some other info. on it .
thanks Navarro
Posted By: RickyD Re: taurus oss 45 acp - 01/23/07
Have you seen the Taurus website about it? http://www.taurustactical.com/dsp_247oss.cfm

Looks like a re-engineered Springfield XD. That single/double action thing might be a good idea. I don't see where night sights are an option. That's not a good thing!
Posted By: GunGeek Re: taurus oss 45 acp - 01/23/07
This is a very interesting development. Taurus hasn�t really gone after a military market since they made 92�s for the Brazilian Military. Taurus is an extremely innovative and capable company but they�ve always catered to more the beer budget. It will be interesting to see this pistol as I�m told that no corners were cut. People can say what they want about Taurus, but in my experience, their stuff works and works well.

I�m sure that the other manufacturers are not real happy that Taurus is entering this market. The pistol looks very interesting to me�I�d like to test drive one.
Posted By: Navarro Re: taurus oss 45 acp - 01/25/07
I agree I certainly would like to try one also , thanks for the website page .maybe we'll se them coming out shortly sure hope so. Navarro
© 24hourcampfire