Home
I have a M29 -5 with word special on the label on the box. It has a 6" barrel with full lug under the barrel. It came with Houge grip target trigger, hammer and sights! Just wondering why the word special is on the label and what it designates? Thanks for the advice, plus it has a fluted cylinder!
Otis: Could it be the "full lug" is the cause of the "SPECIAL" designation on the box.
My 29's don't have a "full lug".
Hope this helps.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Otis
I have a M29 -5 with word special on the label on the box. It has a 6" barrel with full lug under the barrel. It came with Houge grip target trigger, hammer and sights! Just wondering why the word special is on the label and what it designates? Thanks for the advice, plus it has a fluted cylinder!

Special or Spec Ord? the Spec Ord is a code for the Julian calendar date of the gun's date of assembly.
Seen a few 29s w full lug.
Classics.or Hunters ( the latter w unfluted cyl.and 4 pos front sight ).
I have two M29s with full lugs. I cannot recall if the boxes say "special on the or not, but both were limited distributor runs.

M29 Classic and Classic DX

S&W did lots of limited runs.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I have two M29s with full lugs. I cannot recall if the boxes say "special on the or not, but both were limited distributor runs.

M29 Classic and Classic DX

S&W did lots of limited runs.

I miss their runs made for Lew Horton's. Too bad they shut the doors awhile ago.
Special
© 24hourcampfire