Home
Do ya feel lucky, punk????

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
You can only use those sacred words if you're referring to a long barrelled S&W Model 29.

Nice Ruger, though.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You can only use those sacred words if you're referring to a long barrelled S&W Model 29.

Nice Ruger, though.

smile I have heard 'limp wristed' is NOT the way to go!

Originally Posted by Muffin

Nice Ruger, though.

That's more to do with semi-auto pistols, i.e., limpwristing can cause jams.

Nice Ruger, though.

and it should be a 29-2
If you start shooting Keith loads in it regularly for the next 30 years you'll still not wear it out. My '88 5.5" is right around the 10 k mark for those, plus a bunch more Skeeter unique loads, and still going strong.
Originally Posted by trplem
If you start shooting Keith loads in it regularly for the next 30 years you'll still not wear it out. My '88 5.5" is right around the 10 k mark for those, plus a bunch more Skeeter unique loads, and still going strong.

this ones an '87.............

Would that be 22.0/2400 under a 429421 Lyman #2????
Eastwood Special or not, I like it.

Grats!
Got one just like it except I replaced the original wooden grips with Houges. In 29 years I haven’t worn it out
Cast bullets, 2400 & Redhawks work just fine.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice Ruger, though.

With big-bore revolvers it can lead to front sights striking foreheads. Happened to a friend’s wife with a Blackhawk.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Nice Ruger, though.

With big-bore revolvers it can lead to front sights striking foreheads. Happened to a friend’s wife with a Blackhawk.

LOL. grin

Would that be 22.0/2400 under a 429421 Lyman #2????

Got it in one, though I've dropped down to 20 gr with current 2400. Chrony results with later lots were a bit sporty compared to the late 80s 2400 numbers.
I picked up a 5.5 inch blue steel one recently. Yours is a beauty
This should get me started, and depending, might last a long time.. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice Ruger !

I've always heard they were a tough rugged revolver.
Those are soft shooters due to weight. However, if you've never done big bore revolvers before, load it singly starting out so you don't find yourself with an out of control tiger by the tail.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Nice Ruger, though.

Lucky for my wife (and I) she has done wrist exercises.
We were shooting and she had the 4 5/8 Blackhawk in 45.
A 100 count box of reloads, normal stuff in the front, some heavy
loads in the back row. I head bang, bang, bang, BOOM!

"Oh,chitt!"

Look over, and she was surprised, but getting ready to shoot again.

When she finished, I told her to stay out of the ones with different
bullets. "Was that the hard kicking one, I didn't like it"
"No crap, I don't either.
In that short barrel, they are a bit nasty.
Make the arthritis hurt for awhile.
Very nice
I like Redhawk's more than the Blackhawk and I had both ant one time, both were fun
Muffin: Enjoy that strong and I'll bet accurate pistol!
Let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I have often heard this "rumor" regarding Detective Harrold Francis Callahans (Dirty Harry!) 44 Magnum Smith & Wesson duty revolver - it has been relayed that the pistol Clint Eastwood used was actually a 41 Magnum in real life - as the longer barrel 44 Magnums were in such short supply at the time.
I don't know but when I watch the movie the bore looks a bit more 41 that 44?
I went out and began seeking a 44 Magnum myself and eventually found one - it is new unfired in presentation case to this day.
Long live Dirty Harry.
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Those are soft shooters due to weight. However, if you've never done big bore revolvers before, load it singly starting out so you don't find yourself with an out of control tiger by the tail.

Huh? It turns into a full auto?
© 24hourcampfire