Home
Posted By: ready_on_the_right SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
I just finished this on YouTube. I thought of posting it here, but I see you already did.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Wish they would hurry up and get them to market!!

Other than needing a little blue thread lock on the rear sight looked sweet laugh
Posted By: dla Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Yea, 28 minutes of meandering, pandering and nothing new.
Posted By: hookeye Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by dla
Yea, 28 minutes of meandering, pandering and nothing new.

Yes, cant stand that channel.
More my speed/ humor

Posted By: hookeye Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Maybe of interest

Posted By: FreeMe Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Encouraging to see at least Hickok isn't experiencing extraction failures.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/new-for-2022-fn-high-power/

And now FN is making their updated version.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

That's going to be a kick in the nuts for Springfield Armory, who developed their version based on the belief FN was permanently out of the business of making them. I assume, though, that FN will charge more for theirs, which might help Springfield out a little.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's going to be a kick in the nuts for Springfield Armory, who developed their version based on the belief FN was permanently out of the business of making them. I assume, though, that FN will charge more for theirs, which might help Springfield out a little.

The FN is about twice the price of the SA35 and I didn't see that it was +P rated like the SA35
Posted By: GunGeek Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/18/22
I haven't seen anything that specifically says the FN is +P rated, but from context I'd say it sure it. Their website talks a lot about their measures to strengthen the gun. Otherwise, why completely re-design the gun?
Posted By: stegner Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/19/22
Not sure what ol hickok brings to the table anymore. Seems like a nice enough guy... I guess some folks just like watching him talk and shoot for half an hour. Sort of like Paul Harrell in that regard.
Posted By: dla Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by jwp475

The FN is about twice the price of the SA35 and I didn't see that it was +P rated like the SA35

And how the hell did they get it up to 40oz? Must've been a misprint.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by stegner
Not sure what ol hickok brings to the table anymore. Seems like a nice enough guy... I guess some folks just like watching him talk and shoot for half an hour. Sort of like Paul Harrell in that regard.

Newly joined troll or BOT???????
Posted By: dla Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

And that matters how? Do you know? Could you know?
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/19/22
Originally Posted by dla

And that matters how? Do you know? Could you know?

In English ? indicates a question!
Posted By: duckster Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/21/22
Cylinder and Slide booth at Dallas Safari Club already had two of the SA 35 that they had worked on, one was just a mild upgrade, the other was their shortened slide version, I think they used to call it the Pathfinder. Both were really nice.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/21/22
Sweet!
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22
Posted By: MOGC Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22

I didn't watch this video but that guy seems like he never meets a gun he doesn't like - $$$.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22
I ordered one through the MIL/LEO/RET program. When they said $540 a piece, I ordered two! Now the waiting game.
Posted By: Condition Yellow Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22
And then this drops …

FN High Power
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
And then this drops …

FN High Power

Yeah, they saw that there was still a lot of interest in it after Springfield announced theirs.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
And then this drops …

FN High Power

Yeah, they saw that there was still a lot of interest in it after Springfield announced theirs.
Given how soon that dropped after Springfield's, my bet is this has been in the works a good year or two before Springfield dropped theirs. Afterall, the FN is a completely new pistol designed from the ground up. That doesn't happen overnight.
Posted By: Condition Yellow Re: SA-35 VIDEO - 01/25/22
That’s my thought. The FN has been in the works for a while. I think Springfield got caught unawares, and having few available won’t help them initially. Although the FN is twice the price of the SA. It will be quite similar to an SA Loaded 1911 vs a higher quality 1911. Regardless, it’s all good news for High Power fans.
© 24hourcampfire