Home
Posted By: deflave GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
Almost impossible to find a good YouTuber when it comes to guns but Garand Thumb is one of the exceptions.

Posted By: Raferman Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
Opinions on the army sig Flave?
Posted By: MOGC Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
I like some of his content. I get his sense of humor, though I could do with a bit less of that and he does ramble off topic quite a bit. Is he a PJ in the Air Force? That frozen pistol test doesn't mean much to the average guy in the real world but it was fun to watch. Nice to see the M&P do so well.
Posted By: JPro Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
Always check out Garand Thumb when he puts up a new video. I'll watch him and TFB TV over most others.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
I can't take a guy seriously who always wears a combat helmet to the range. Wannabe commando douchebag is what I see.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
He's no Hickok45!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: TWR Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
I don’t think he’s a wannabe, he trains with his gear, isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?

He’s a little different but I like his video’s.
Posted By: Teal Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
I take the helmet as PPE no different than glasses. Given he was testing pistols frozen and just arms reach away from his head - probably a good idea. Lest a slide come flying back and clip you.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I can't take a guy seriously who always wears a combat helmet to the range. Wannabe commando douchebag is what I see.

Seriously
Posted By: local_dirt Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
Originally Posted by deflave
Almost impossible to find a good YouTuber when it comes to guns but Garand Thumb is one of the exceptions.

Garand Thumb is without a doubt my favorite gun guy on YouTube.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22

Some good content on his videos.

Should limit comedy ATTEMPTS to one per video.

Needs Zero-Three haircut, so that he can stop fussing with his unkempt do.

Why are hardhats worn in warehouses, construction sites, heavy equipment, road crews and forestry, etc.?

Headaches from hard surfaces.
Posted By: deflave Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22

Yeah I'm sure you're a much tougher guy with much more experience.

LOL

Originally Posted by local_dirt

Garand Thumb is without a doubt my favorite gun guy on YouTube.

Yeah he's got some good stuff on his channel.
He just seems to take himself a bit too seriously, but everyone has different tastes.

A gun review is pretty simple and straight forward. Hickock works for me, I like his laid back style.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
He just seems to take himself a bit too seriously, but everyone has different tastes.

A gun review is pretty simple and straight forward. Hickock works for me, I like his laid back style.

Watching HIckok is like watching paint dry
Posted By: hookeye Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
Cannot stand Hickock.

Am neutral on G thumb.

TFB TV for the win.

LOL

Feel free to start a DumbCock 45 thread.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Opinions on the army sig Flave?

I've never had any contact with that particular model but I'm a fan of the 320 in general.

LOL

Feel free to start a DumbCock 45 thread.

I'm really not into youtube gun channels, I'll let you take care of that.

I'm really not into youtube gun channels,

I'd say that's pretty obvious.
Posted By: Teal Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22
I can't get into Hickok. Just seeing him shoot soda bottles - meh
Posted By: lvmiker Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/27/22

No wonder boomers are disregarded around here. Mas wears a hair hat as his ppe and you are cool w/ that.

LOL

mike r
Posted By: CSBfan Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
GT is a great channel, really entertaining. It’s meant to be entertaining and it’s probably aimed at a younger demographic than most of the folks present.

And he’s not a wannabe commando - I believe he’s USAF special forces.
Posted By: hookeye Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
I have watched a couple Buffalo vids, or whatever hes called.
Laid back dude but not the sleep inducer like Hickok.
Thought Buffalos vids were tolerable.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
I watched Paul Harrel for a while, but have basically lost interest. He seems to have run out of ideas, or money, or maybe both. He is pretty much down to just making videos of him shooting offhand paper targets and bags of oranges with viewer-donated ammo.
Posted By: Earlyagain Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
I tend to become interested in the subject more than the person. So I watch some of all, but not all of any one.

Some of the content of Garand Thumb seems tongue and cheek, meant in good humor.

Many people have not experienced or experimented. YouTube can be useful for them to a degree.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Tfb is good.

Cannot stand the Yankee marshal.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Originally Posted by lvmiker

No wonder boomers are disregarded around here. Mas wears a hair hat as his ppe and you are cool w/ that.

LOL

mike r

Only by you, you stupid fugk.

Lol.
Posted By: deflave Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Originally Posted by auk1124
I watched Paul Harrel for a while, but have basically lost interest. He seems to have run out of ideas, or money, or maybe both. He is pretty much down to just making videos of him shooting offhand paper targets and bags of oranges with viewer-donated ammo.

Good God.

That dude is awful.

LOL
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Tfb is good.

Cannot stand the Yankee marshal.

I do like TFB.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Originally Posted by auk1124

Good God.

That dude is awful.

LOL

His Pop Tarts ads at the start of his latest videos are kinda funny. But everything else is... yeah, really just plinking at paper and bags of oranges.
His videos kinda made me depressed.

LOL

Side note, does anybody know what’s being credited as bringing in more gun enthusiasts than any other?
Posted By: viking Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
GT was a SERE instructor, that’s cool.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22

LOL

Side note, does anybody know what’s being credited as bringing in more gun enthusiasts than any other?

Liberal politicians in State Gov.

🦫
Posted By: Hypocrite Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22

LOL

Gaming has to be near the top.
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22

That "Wannabe commando douchebag" is an actively serving USAF Special Warfare TACP officer that started as an enlisted guy. If you are not familiar, TACPs work within SEAL, Ranger, Army SF and other white SOF units and call fire, and generally handle their precision airstrike and close air support needs.

Since he is a "wannabe commando", please feel free to tell us about your time in the military, or time as a sworn certified police officer..
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
I've enjoyed all the Garand Thumb vids I've watched. Informative and entertaining. He puts a lot of effort into making quality content. I'm glad that people of his experience are sharing online.

I also like Pat McNamara's content. Good stuff.
Pat Mac is a good dude.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'm glad that people of his experience are sharing online..

Likewise. Now that every huckleberry who owns a gun and a cell phone thinks he can be an internet authority on all things firearms, the antis have a large library of crap from which to stereotype the rest of us. It's nice to see quality content being offered for consumption.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

That "Wannabe commando douchebag" is an actively serving USAF Special Warfare TACP officer that started as an enlisted guy. If you are not familiar, TACPs work within SEAL, Ranger, Army SF and other white SOF units and call fire, and generally handle their precision airstrike and close air support needs.

Since he is a "wannabe commando", please feel free to tell us about your time in the military, or time as a sworn certified police officer..

Go back and read my earlier posts; I have already covered that.
Posted By: Raferman Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22

Okay.
Lol
Originally Posted by jwp475

Watching HIckok is like watching paint dry

In reality a gun review is just a passing along a gun's specifications, and usually some shooting results.

Anybody could do that. But it's the personality of the individual is what makes or breaks a gun vid (in my opinion). I never got the impression that GT takes himself too serious. To me he seems to have a good sense of humor, but he does take his interest in firearms seriously.

Having nearly 2 million subscribers on his channel is a good indicator that a lot of folks enjoy his style of presentation, and appreciate him sharing his knowledge and experience..
Posted By: renegade50 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
LOL!!!
Hickcock45....
Never really veiwed his vids for more than a few mins.
Lame.....
One day I just did some google fu on him.
Hollow shell Bio.
Spent his entire life in academia and that time line was easy to read into and put his self serving interest together for my way of seeing things.
Dude is the ultimate mooch IMO.
Ammo, soda,s, clay pots...😆😆😆

Anyways I hit him 3 times with comments on 3 different vids of his one day inside of an hour doing a test run to see how thick his skin was.

#1 was some foriegn pistol he was " reveiwing"
Shoots low
Blah blah blah blah.
Low low low....
Manufacturer needs to fix this shooting low issue
Blah blah blah blah ..

I made a comment

It's a 3 dot combat sight picture for that pistol Zippy.
You should know that in your "expertise"

He replied inside of 15 mins making excuses they need to adapt to US shooters and no one uses a combat sight picture here

Big ole cock sticking outta his forehead moment...
Dont even know if he realized that....

#2 He was talking off hand about some rifle and deer hunting.
Mentioned shooting blind stuff and reach out factor to kill deer.

I hit him.
Please dude your probably like most any TN private land deer hunter shooting slickheads off your corn feeder anyways.

He lost it that one.
How dare you tell me how I hunt on my private land "slick"..
Blah blah blah this
Blah blah blah that.
Never said he didn't bait.
Responded in less than 10 mins this time.

In my mind confirmed....

#3 was the capstone event...
Totally confirmed ole Hickock45 has thin skin....

He had his cowboy outfit on playing the role shooting some revolver.

I hit him.

Having childhood flashbacks to Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob show now???
And put in a buncha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He replied inside of 2 or 3 mins on that one.
Obviously had his attention..
All he said was...

I dont know what your problem is " slick"...

I responded back to him.

Sears dont sell tough skin jeans anymore????

Crickets after that....
😄😄😄😄

Ever since when I'm surfing firearms related vids .
Ole Thin skin Hickock45 vids don't seem to appear at all outta the blue like they always used too for some reason 😄😄😄
Guess he can't take being poked.......
Poor little fella......
😄😄😄😄😄

Hickock does prattle on a lot. I've enjoyed some of his vids, but often times I'll set the play speed to 2X, just to get through it faster.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
I like Garand Thumb. I have always thought the combat helmet thing was (usually, not always) part of his humor and joking style, as he has made fun of the tactical wannabe gamer crowd before.

He is about the only gun guy I will watch on the ‘tube.
The freezing water and mud tests on rifles was good. My feelers were hurt concerning how the M1A/M14 fared, but I got over it.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22

I can't see how anyone would/could expect a firearm to function with water inside and freezes into ice.
Posted By: TWR Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Stones thrown by a "gunwriter" how fitting...

I've had the opportunity to watch and compete with some very good shooters. One guy in particular made GM with a RIA 1911 beating nearly everyone along the way, finishing third in Nationals a few years ago. His skills are phenomenal and he can explain things so even I can understand. This guy can shoot anything well and when he talks, everyone listens. This is the kind of guy I want to watch and learn from.

Then there are guys that buy high dollar custom pistols and cool toys that can't shoot and try and do reviews. Who cares?

GT is a guy that I would take a class from. I won't even watch Hickcock's videos.

And I won’t buy a gun rag either.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Sears dont sell tough skin jeans anymore????

😄😄😄😄

Poor little fella......
😄😄😄😄😄

BWAHAHA!!!

You Win Dude
laugh
Posted By: GunGeek Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22

I can't see how anyone would/could expect a firearm to function with water inside and freezes into ice.
Youtube reviewers just stumpin for clicks. Some people think that crap is somehow important...hahahaha.
I don’t think the intent of the ice test was necessarily done with the expectation that guns could still function when completely full of ice. Rather, how reliable they are at keeping water (and thus, ice after it freezes) out of the critical places, due to part quality, tolerances and overall design. Not to mention which actions had enough force with “normal” loads to break ice seals on moving parts, the ejection port, etc.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: GARAND THUMB - 04/28/22
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I don’t think the intent of the ice test was necessarily done with the expectation that guns could still function when completely full of ice. Rather, how reliable they are at keeping water (and thus, ice after it freezes) out of the critical places, due to part quality, tolerances and overall design. Not to mention which actions had enough force with “normal” loads to break ice seals on moving parts, the ejection port, etc.

I can't see water not getting in any place that isn't sealed. Frozen solid enough ice is super strong.

I do believe that this did benefit some people. I've seen ice crush steel

I can't see water not getting in any place that isn't sealed. Frozen solid enough ice is super strong.

Me neither, and that isn’t the point (I think).
The point was which actions/trigger systems are designed best to minimize the amount of water that gets in and freezes, or which had the best overall design to break the ice seal when the trigger is pulled, the gun is fired and the action cycles.

Garand Thumb totally acknowledged it was a very unscientific and informal test. I too thought it had value, despite not being under very controlled circumstances. It also wasn’t terribly cold so deep freezes could definitely skew his results.

Uhhh, no you didn't.

Start at 25:55.
Originally Posted by Hypocrite

LOL

Gaming has to be near the top.

Correct.
For those interested, here's one of his more sincere gun reviews:

For those interested, here's one of his more sincere gun reviews:

I like the intro action. Looks he's getting jocked-up for a run to Walmart, after dark.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I like the intro action. Looks he's getting jocked-up for a run to Walmart, after dark.

Fugk yeah!

LOL
One of his better videos:

Posted By: T_Inman Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/01/22
Bring back FPS Russia.
Posted By: Garandimal Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/01/22

You mean the former U.S. Navy SEAL and RECE instructor... now AF Base Security Officer?

You go girl.

GR
Posted By: RodWaters Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/01/22
Originally Posted by Garandimal

You mean the former U.S. Navy SEAL and RECE instructor... now AF Base Security Officer?

You go girl.

GR

Former Navy Seal?
Source?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/01/22
i remember back in the late 80s/early 90s there was a guwriter who did an article on the MP 5 all duded up like a cheezy 80s movie spook with his MP%K in a briefcase. all kinds of every day dudes gonna use that info
Posted By: deflave Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/01/22
Fugkin' guy is funny.

LOL

Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/01/22

Hiccup doesn't do 5000 round review.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/02/22
Hickock makes me want to pound my dick with a 2x4. It'd be less painful and more productive.

Kyle, while nowadays in the Witness Relocation Program (or maybe just drunk, I dunno) is among my favorites.

Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/02/22
I’ve run into him a few times on post. He’s actually a pretty nice guy and was nothing but professional. His name is Mike.
Posted By: deflave Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/02/22
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I’ve run into him a few times on post. He’s actually a pretty nice guy and was nothing but professional. His name is Mike.

Seems to be a true patriot.
Posted By: MOGC Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/02/22
Hickock makes me want to pound my dick with a 2x4. It'd be less painful and more productive.

Kyle, while nowadays in the Witness Relocation Program (or maybe just drunk, I dunno) is among my favorites.

I wouldn't want to be his neighbor. In that second video the background in the last sequence has a lot of buildings downrange.
Posted By: hookeye Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/02/22
Kyle is on PKA podcast.
Watched a few, dunno if a reg or what ( seems to be ).
Posted By: Garandimal Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22
Originally Posted by RodWaters

You go girl.

GR

Former Navy Seal?
Source?

Common knowledge.

This is after his AF commission and subsequent SOSFS gig.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Been followin' this guy since he was a tadpole.

GR
Posted By: Raferman Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22
[/align]

You go girl.

GR

Former Navy Seal?
Source?

Common knowledge.

This is after his AF commission and subsequent SOSFS gig.

[align:center][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Been followin' this guy since he was a tadpole.

GR

Roddy steps on his little clitty again.
Lol
Posted By: RodWaters Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22
Bullshit, he was never a Navy Seal and has never claimed to be a Navy Seal.
You're FOS, but we knew that.
Posted By: Raferman Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22

He may not be a seal but you are without doubt a pussy.
That means you no wall roddy.
Posted By: Garandimal Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22

You're slow, borderin' on retarded.

GR
Posted By: HawkI Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22

LOL

Plastic?

I mean, polymer, economical firearms?

Because nothing else is being made stateside right now....
Posted By: RodWaters Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22

You're slow, borderin' on retarded.

GR

He is, or was, in the Air Force. Last I checked the Navy Seals were in the NAVY. You show us pictures of him in his Air Force uniform as if that's proof he is, or was a Seal.
Like I said, you are are FOS. But keep digging retard.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22
DelFarve: Have you lost your mind and become a small twig wannabe???
WTF - a 29 minute video on how to freeze a pistol in ice and then go hunting zombies!
Again WTF are you thinking???
I have been shooting pistols both professionally and privately for nearly 60 years and I have NEVER had to shoot or want to shoot or needed to shoot an iced up pistol!
Not ONCE.
And I have never heard of anyone needing to do so.
I am beginning to question your sanity, motives, mental acuity, motivation and personality.
17 seconds of that video was more than enough for me.
I am going Hunting today and taking my well cared for and NOT frozen stainless steel heavy barrel Ruger MK-II with red dot sight and my Browning BuckMark with heavy barrel and red dot sight.
I fully expect that at the end of today they will have accounted for 40 to 50 of my quarry and they will DEFINITELY not be frozen, iced up dunked in water, kicked around etc etc etc.
Sheesh and WTF?
In my opinion ANYONE who would intentionally abuse a firearm is untrustworthy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: local_dirt Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22
The 1301 is growing on me. Garand Thumb does a good job here of breaking it down and comparing it to the Benelli M4. Supposedly, the action is faster than an M4.

Posted By: 250Sav_age Re: GARAND THUMB - 05/07/22
© 24hourcampfire