Home
Posted By: EdM Found One Today - 05/07/22
I have been looking for some time and they are just hard to find. Gunbroker and Guns International have about zip. I missed out on one about a month ago, seeing it late afternoon only to return in the morning to find it sold. I found this one today as I headed to Best Buy in the city to pick up my dash cam, no second guessing this time. A 3" RB M65-5 that, though clearly fired, appears about new. And, yes, as many have said it is about perfect in the hand.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Raferman Re: Found One Today - 05/07/22
Enjoy.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Found One Today - 05/07/22
Homerun. You did good. You have access to some amazing gun shops.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
If you intend to shoot a lot of .357s in it, I'd suggest some Pachmayr Compacs for it. I used them on a 686 CS-1, and it made a heckuva difference in handling and recoil moderation. (The CS-1 was the model made for the Customs Service, it was an L-frame with round butt, 4" barrel, black sights (the front sight was only .10" wide). It was probably the best .357 I've ever owned.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Nice one, Ed. I'm a 66 freak, myself.
Posted By: TooOldToCare Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Very nice! The 3” K frames are magic. I put a Tyler T grip on my 3” 66. I like the set up.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
EdM: That is just a plain cool pistol - and useful to the max.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: MOGC Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
There is a reason the 3" K-frame RB has a cult like following. I have a M13 & a M64 in the same configuration and they are favorites of mine for casual concealed carry or bumming around the farm. Congrat's on your new sixgun.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Originally Posted by EdM
I have been looking for some time and they are just hard to find. Gunbroker and Guns International have about zip. I missed out on one about a month ago, seeing it late afternoon only to return in the morning to find it sold. I found this one today as I headed to Best Buy in the city to pick up my dash cam, no second guessing this time. A 3" RB M65-5 that, though clearly fired, appears about new. And, yes, as many have said it is about perfect in the hand.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Those are awesome, and getting very hard to find. Arguably the best revolver for concealed carry.

PS You will likely find you shoot it better with a Tyler T Grip Adapter installed on it.

Here's one on my Model 67-2

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Oh the 66's and 19's are present as well. Hard to not like about any pre-lock Smith.
Posted By: EdM Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
I recently bought a couple of t-grips here and one will go on it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Originally Posted by EdM
Great! They are a huge help for double action shooting, yet retain the classic appearance of the revolver.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Nice snag, Ed.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Found One Today - 05/08/22
Originally Posted by EdM

Those were a good catch too, Ed. Generally speaking, hard to find.
© 24hourcampfire