Home
Posted By: jackmountain 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
I’ve fought FTF/FTE on this pistol since I’ve owned it.
Reading online it looks like it could be the loaded chamber indicator being the cause? Anyone else replaced it with the
volquartsen filler to fix this?
Posted By: deflave Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
Intentional or not, you have summoned Stick…
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
Took mine out and the pistol works perfectly fine without it.
Posted By: NMpistolero Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
I took mine out also without problems. I have had problems with a tweaked ejector(not extractor), that was causing the bolt to be sluggish and producing FTEs.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
I have one with the LCI installed, never had an issue.
Posted By: MOGC Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have one with the LCI installed, never had an issue.

I have a stainless MKIII Hunter with the LCI and have zero issues with it. I don't care for the looks of it, but it isn't giving me any trouble.
Posted By: cas6969 Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
I took mine out, ground off the parts that contacted stuff inside, then put it back in.

I didn't give it a chance to cause problems.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/16/22
Never had a problem with mine with any brand of ammo
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/17/22
The OEM LCI is indeed a feed/function compromise,on top of being fhuqking STUPID to boot. VQ do it,though I prefer TK and there's a goodly herd of same,running around in these parts. Hint.

'Tis a great time to circumvent the fhuqking STUPID mag safety too and I personally am a fan of Flatty Triggers. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

A coupla TK's and a VQ fire control system here. Hint.

I literally trust my LIFE to mine and when sipping from OEM mags,it runs like a Singer Sewing Machine,with a broad spectrum of fodder. Mine is more often wet than dry and it could give a flying fhuqk less...though dust is "scary",in some circles. I've killed more schit than SmallPox with it and it's my ALL Time Favorite Bear Pistole. Few could begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude. Hint.

CT has no equal and rates a thunk. The HollieSin's are just fhuqking SENSATIONAL. Hint.

Do it and NEVER fhuqking look back.............
Posted By: Holston Re: 22/45 MkIII - 06/25/22
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’ve fought FTF/FTE on this pistol since I’ve owned it.
Reading online it looks like it could be the loaded chamber indicator being the cause? Anyone else replaced it with the
volquartsen filler to fix this?

How much clearance does the magazine have between the lips and the ejector? Need's aboue 1/16" to function properly. I've had to modify mags and 2 Rugers, and they've been trouble free since.

Getting rid of the LCI is a move in the right direction too.
© 24hourcampfire