Home
Posted By: OlderGuy54 Glock staked front sight - 06/29/22
Do the after market Glock sights work fine in the staked Glock slides?
Posted By: TWR Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/29/22
They are not staked, there’s a 3/16 nut holding the front sight on but yes aftermarket sights work just fine.
Originally Posted by TWR
They are not staked, there’s a 3/16 nut holding the front sight on but yes aftermarket sights work just fine.

No there isn't a nut, that's why I asked the question.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54

Yes.
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

Yes.
Thanks
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/29/22
You're welcome.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/29/22

Yes.

Hi 10Glocks. I've run into two of the staked front sights both on police trade ins made in '94. One is a Gen2 19 and a early Gen3 17. Do you know when Glock transitioned from staked to the nutted ones?
Posted By: TWR Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/29/22
I learned something today.
Originally Posted by JLimbo

Yes.

Hi 10Glocks. I've run into two of the staked front sights both on police trade ins made in '94. One is a Gen2 19 and a early Gen3 17. Do you know when Glock transitioned from staked to the nutted ones?

This one is a Gen 3 Glock 23 made in 2007
Originally Posted by TWR
I learned something today.

You learned 2 things.
Bought my 19 in 97, it is staked.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/30/22
There are staked, pin-wedged and screw attached front sights. It's my understanding that some LE agencies required the front sights to be "permantently" attached via pin-wedging or staking, but I don't know if that's actually true, I've only read it. It seems that a lot of these guns are old LE guns so it would make sense.
There are staked, pin-wedged and screw attached front sights. It's my understanding that some LE agencies required the front sights to be "permantently" attached via pin-wedging or staking, but I don't know if that's actually true, I've only read it. It seems that a lot of these guns are old LE guns so it would make sense.

Mine are Glock night sights and I bought the gun brand new in 07, but it was bought at the base exchange.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/30/22
OK ^ now I know why yours is different from the earlier standard pronged stud on the plastic site. Glock night sites are steel & apparently that's how the early ones were mounted, maybe still are?

Aftermarket sites have the oval shaped tenon to fit the type of mortice you have, but they will simply have a screw to hold them on.
Posted By: TWR Re: Glock staked front sight - 06/30/22
I had a Gen 2 19 with Glock night sights and a Gen 3 32, both had the screw. But it makes sense as said above, some departments might insist on staked or pinned sight.
© 24hourcampfire