Home
Posted By: skeen S&W ".45 Cal. Model of 1989" - 07/03/22
A cool S&W I picked up last week, ".45 Cal. Model of 1989."

A 5" N frame Model 25-7 with unfluted cylinder, matte glass bead blue finish, in .45 Colt. Depending on which source I read, S&W made between 1,800 and 2,000 of these.

I like the look of an unfluted cylinder on a S&W double action. The S&W purist may recoil in horror. shocked laugh

It came with factory black Hogue grips, which I immediately ditched for some elk antler grips from Ken Driskill.

Haven't shot 'er yet, maybe tomorrow with a good tailwind and a lil' luck I can get out to the range.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Had the same gun at one time, hell might have been mine! Foolish sold it to fund something else. Enjoy it!
Nice.

I wouldn’t mind stumbling across one or an R8?
Very cool.
Posted By: skeen Re: S&W ".45 Cal. Model of 1989" - 07/03/22
Love the revolver, but can't say enough good about Ken Driskill's grips too.

Very nice. You really got that .45 Colt thing going-on, don't you? I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Posted By: skeen Re: S&W ".45 Cal. Model of 1989" - 07/03/22
Originally Posted by saddlering
Had the same gun at one time, hell might have been mine! Foolish sold it to fund something else. Enjoy it!

Man, saddlering, I bought it from a dealer out of Howell, Michigan. It could've been yours! laugh
Very nice. Looks really good with those grips.
I'll have to look see if I can find the serial number, after this weekend., If so I'll PM you!
Posted By: MOGC Re: S&W ".45 Cal. Model of 1989" - 07/04/22
Great sixgun! Those grips are killer, congratulations.
Those are great S&Ws and that is probably the best set of Elks I've seen.
Beautiful gun, skeen. Love those elk grips!

I'm all around ya. I've got a 6" 25-5 in .45 Colt and a 5" 625-2 Model of 1988 in .45 ACP.. Plus a couple of Mountain Guns in .45 Colt.

Guess you can tell I like that platform.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I’m a big fan of 45 revolvers. Not much difference between the unflutted 25-7 and 25-9. The compliants about cylinder throats are not a problem with these. The 25-9 has the Culina grips. The 25-7 the Goodyears.
Damn fine handgun! Chambered for a top shelf cartridge. No way to go wrong.
That is a smoking COOL gun! I am a bit jealous here. Literally Nothing that walks that you could not take on with that thing and a proper load.

OOF!
Mighty fine wheelgun there Skeen! Those elks really look great too. The contrast of the grips to the matte finish just flat out works! Good grab.

Doc_Holidude
Posted By: EdM Re: S&W ".45 Cal. Model of 1989" - 07/04/22
Nice. One of my favorites is a 5" 45 Colt.

Beautiful gun for sure. I had one in the 45 ACP for a long time when I shot USPSA, still have a Mountain Gun in 45 Colt, they can be addictive. Ed, yours is really nice too, love the stocks on it.

Dick
Congratulations on a fine revolver! I too have one....bought from a Detroit PD officer many years ago. My research also shows that they made 2,000 of them, and I know of two that have been "Destroyed" by heavy modification into another configuration. It also happens that it's my Son's birth year, so he is destined to receive that revolver sometime in the future......

I had put some Kem Ahrends grips on it, but may have to look up this Mr Driskill's products for it!

Frog----OUT!
This is gonna sound weird but…nice wood EdM!
Very nice skeen, enjoy! I had a very nice 25 a while back, let a good friend and hunting partner talk me out of it. After a bit I told him I had some 45 Colt ammo for him, he didn't appreciate the blackpowder loads! Lol! Enjoy!
I have one of those but still looking for the best grip option.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire