Home
Posted By: Bristoe 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/01/22
Some guy in Thailand makes nice grips and sells them on Ebay. They look and feel very proper on a pretty 5".

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: EdM Re: 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/01/22
Nice. I have bought a couple from a Thai seller on Ebay and was well pleased.
How's the fit? I hear mixed reviews on the fit. They look perfect on the outside,
Originally Posted by GunGeek
How's the fit? I hear mixed reviews on the fit. They look perfect on the outside,

They fit good, but very tight.
Bristoe: Good for you - great looking revolver there!
If you don't mind what price range are those grips.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bristoe: Good for you - great looking revolver there!
If you don't mind what price range are those grips.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I think I sent the guy $53.
These are also Thai grips that I bought for a police trade-in 64 that I purchased a few years back. They fit very well.

Bristoe: Thank you for the comeback and the information - I am headed for "E-Bay" now to learn that site and look them up.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: TimZ Re: 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/03/22
Nice grips for the money.......can't stand the Goodyears S&W seem to be putting on most things these days.....
Appear to fit good and look good too. Good find.
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
These are also Thai grips that I bought for a police trade-in 64 that I purchased a few years back. They fit very well.

Those are very nice.
It's a tough call, but my 1962 vintage boot gripped 4" standard barrel round butt Model 10 might be my favorite revolver. Its simple elegance appeals to my minimalistic nature and it doesn't hurt that it shoots to point of aim with my warm handloads. Its thin barrel and abbreviated, yet ergonomic grips makes it feel very diminutive for a revolver capable of launching 158s at close to 1000 fps.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's a tough call, but my 1962 vintage boot gripped 4" standard barrel round butt Model 10 might be my favorite revolver. Its simple elegance appeals to my minimalistic nature and it doesn't hurt that it shoots to point of aim with my warm handloads. Its thin barrel and abbreviated, yet ergonomic grips makes it feel very diminutive for a revolver capable of launching 158s at close to 1000 fps.

This is one of the best wheelguns I've seen. Where did the grips come from?
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

I bought them on Ebay. I used to know the manufacturer, but I forgot.
Posted By: johnw Re: 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/09/22

I think you just turned the name Bristoe into 3 syllables. Said with the same inflection as "WTF"...
Originally Posted by johnw

I think you just turned the name Bristoe into 3 syllables. Said with the same inflection as "WTF"...

I'm sure your post has some sort of deep meaning about something.
Posted By: EdM Re: 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/10/22
This is who I bought from.

https://www.ebay.com/str/jaruwanp
EdM: Thank you for that link - I have a very nice new to me early S&W Model 686 with the square butt that got "Pachmyered" and I am VERY tempted to try a pair of these good looking Thai grips!
I did not see a phone number anywhere did you just send off your monies on trust?
Thanks again - the prices of original S&W L frame grips is just about prohibitive these days.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: EdM Re: 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
EdM: Thank you for that link - I have a very nice new to me early S&W Model 686 with the square butt that got "Pachmyered" and I am VERY tempted to try a pair of these good looking Thai grips!
I did not see a phone number anywhere did you just send off your monies on trust?
Thanks again - the prices of original S&W L frame grips is just about prohibitive these days.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Yes on trust. Note their ratings.
Posted By: Geno67 Re: 5" Model 10 with Thai grips - 08/17/22
Nice grips! Great price too.
Dang, those look nice
© 24hourcampfire