Home
Posted By: Soup Sig P365 - 09/03/22
Gents,
Any pros and cons of a 365 compact with safety.
I just purchased it today. The shop also had a MAX 9 Ruger and it looked like a nice carry pistol also, but the 365 seemed to weigh just a little more and I choose it. This will be my first concealed carry pistol and here in NJ you have to qualify with the pistol you intend to carry. Thought the little extra weight would help recoil.
Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration.
Have a nice weekend.
Semper Fi
Soup
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
Truly hard to beat IMO, for a compact carry 9mm.
Accurate, Reliable, easy shooting, and easy to conceal. No cons IMO. Love mine. It’s the non-safety version.

I carry mine with the 12 round magazine with a couple of the 15 rounders as backup mags.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
I have a compact with a safety. I added the safety and changed the grip frame to a gray with the safety notch. I carry a 12 round mag in the pistol and an extra 10 rounder.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
Handle an S&W M&P Shield Plus before buying the Sig.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
Any of you carry this appendix?
Posted By: lastround Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
I like mine. It’s my favorite carry gun, 12 rnd magazine.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
Originally Posted by Soup
Gents,
Any pros and cons of a 365 compact with safety.
I just purchased it today. The shop also had a MAX 9 Ruger and it looked like a nice carry pistol also, but the 365 seemed to weigh just a little more and I choose it. This will be my first concealed carry pistol and here in NJ you have to qualify with the pistol you intend to carry. Thought the little extra weight would help recoil.
Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration.
Have a nice weekend.
Semper Fi
Soup

Cons? As compared to other similar sized pistols? Can't think of any that really matter.

Wait....are they making the 365 rds-ready yet? If not, get the x or xl.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
Get rid of the safety. The trigger's the safety.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Sig P365 - 09/03/22
I just handled the standard X and XL at Bud’s. I plan on carrying it appendix. I’d love to get the XL but it’s a bit too big to be comfortable for me to carry in that position. Im 5’8” 185-190. 34” waist.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
I actually prefer the Ruger LC9 (now called the EC9 because it’s lighter and, being a single stack, narrower.

But then I pocket carry.

Didn’t know they had concealed carry licenses available in NJ.

I do believe they don’t allow hollow point handgun ammo in NJ, if so consider Buffalo Bore’s 147grain 9mm Hardcast “Outdoorsman” load.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=155

Don’t worry about the +P rating, they work fine in my LC9, and the Sig 365 is heavier.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Get rid of the safety. The trigger's the safety.
Agreed.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I actually prefer the Ruger LC9 (now called the EC9 because it’s lighter and, being a single stack, narrower.

But then I pocket carry.

I do believe they don’t allow hollow point handgun ammo in NJ, if so consider Buffalo Bore’s 147grain 9mm Hardcast “Outdoorsman” load.

Don’t worry about the +P rating, they work fine in my LC9, and the Sig 365 is heavier.
That's what the they got Tony Soprano for, hollow point ammo in his Beretta 92.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

But then I pocket carry.

Mike, you ought to trade that ole LC9 in on a P-365.
I pocket carry mine quite a bit. And it has a much better trigger than the Ruger. + more than twice the rounds capacity.
And the Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman load feeds just fine in mine.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mike, you ought to trade that ole LC9 in on a P-365.
I pocket carry mine quite a bit. And it has a much better trigger than the Ruger. + more than twice the rounds capacity.
And the Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman load feeds just fine in mine.

Tks, but I’ve tried the P 365, for me just a tad too heavy and a tad too wide. I especially liked the LC9 with the available nine round magazine, but recently one of my nine end mags has proven unreliable after a couple of hundred rounds in an extended range session Turns out they use the same spring for the nine round and regular seven round magazines, they shouldn’t. Haven’t found an after market spring available.

Here it was with a nine round mag in comparison to a J-frame, just a flat, light portable package, easy to shoot, and 9+1 capacity.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

As Deflave alluded to earlier, that narrow single stack profile makes for a quick and sure grip indexing when drawn in a hurry. I shot it faster and better than I did with the Sig 365.

It was my favorite carry piece until the magazine spring issue became apparent.
Posted By: jerrywoodswalker Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Soup,

I was impressed with the accuracy of the P365 (and the Hellcat), should work out well for your qualification.

The only thing that doesn't work well for me is the narrow/flattish grip. Sounds like the Wilson P365 grip is a little wider and the may work better for me.

YMMV,

Jerry
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
I've got the plain 365 (not X or XL or anything) without safety. I've handled and shot a number of compact 9's. For me the 365 is the best. The recoil is slightly more noticeable than my other 9's (Beretta 92 and Glock 34) but not to the point that it's detrimental to shooting. I usually say "it shoots like a big gun" and that's how I feel about it. To me, the small size is not detrimental to shooting. I don't see a reason for a safety on it. IMO, this is an IWB pistol. If it's in a properly designed holster there is no need for a safety. If you carry it in a pocket a safety can get knocked off. Any "pocket holster" I've seen or tried seems to exponentially increase the possibility of deployment of your pistol turning into a charlie foxtrot at the worst possible time. If I want to pocket carry I'll carry a 2" SP-101 or a J frame.

i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines. You can't have it all. I carry a 365 as a last-ditch, can't avoid it, self-defense pistol. If I were going into a situation that would likely turn into a running gun battle I'd carry something else.
Posted By: jerrywoodswalker Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by cra1948
i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines.

Never had a problem with OEM higher capacity magazines with the P365.

I question whether the magazine was the issue... particularly if he was running reloads.

Jerry
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Sig P365 - 09/04/22
Originally Posted by cra1948
I've got the plain 365 (not X or XL or anything) without safety. I've handled and shot a number of compact 9's. For me the 365 is the best. The recoil is slightly more noticeable than my other 9's (Beretta 92 and Glock 34) but not to the point that it's detrimental to shooting. I usually say "it shoots like a big gun" and that's how I feel about it. To me, the small size is not detrimental to shooting. I don't see a reason for a safety on it. IMO, this is an IWB pistol. If it's in a properly designed holster there is no need for a safety. If you carry it in a pocket a safety can get knocked off. Any "pocket holster" I've seen or tried seems to exponentially increase the possibility of deployment of your pistol turning into a charlie foxtrot at the worst possible time. If I want to pocket carry I'll carry a 2" SP-101 or a J frame.

i'm also not a big fan of the extended capacity magazines. Again, just my opinion, but the standard size 365 holds enough and doesn't compromise concealment. At the last IDPA match I SO'd, I had to holler "Stop" twice for one individual shooting a 365 with extra capacity magazines for malfunctions that, I believe, were caused by the extra capacity magazines. You can't have it all. I carry a 365 as a last-ditch, can't avoid it, self-defense pistol. If I were going into a situation that would likely turn into a running gun battle I'd carry something else.

I run Sig 15 rd. magazines and have never had a feeding issue
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Sig P365 - 09/05/22
I've had both the S&W M&P and the Sig P365 and did not like the striker fired guns. My preferred 9mm carry gun is the Sig Sauer P239 even though it's bigger and heavier, I like the decocker over the striker fired guns.
Posted By: Spacers67 Re: Sig P365 - 09/05/22
Sig P365 is an excellent pistol. I've been carrying mine for the better part of a year. I have thousands of rounds through it and never had a hiccup.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 - 09/06/22
. . . here in NJ you have to qualify with the pistol you intend to carry.

Modular platforms like the P365 can be a real advantage in states that tie CCW privileges to specific firearms. With a single P365 fire control unit (the part with the serial number), you can turn the gun into multiple configurations in minutes by merely switching out grip frames, barrels/slide assemblies, optics, and even calibers. Of course, you have to check the exact language of the law of the state in question to be sure of the extent that you can modify the gun between qualifications. If that's not enough, the model performs well across all configurations!
Posted By: jerrywoodswalker Re: Sig P365 - 09/06/22
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Modular platforms like the P365 can be a real advantage in states that tie CCW privileges to specific firearms. With a single P365 fire control unit (the part with the serial number), you can turn the gun into multiple configurations in minutes by merely switching out grip frames, barrels/slide assemblies, optics, and even calibers.

That's a good point. Also some countries have limitations on the number of guns you can own, the Sig P365 (or the Sig 320 platform) would be perfect in that setting.

But... It can get expensive for those of us that treat them like adult LEGOs for the fun of it.

Jerry
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Sig P365 - 09/06/22
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Modular platforms like the P365 can be a real advantage in states that tie CCW privileges to specific firearms. With a single P365 fire control unit (the part with the serial number), you can turn the gun into multiple configurations in minutes by merely switching out grip frames, barrels/slide assemblies, optics, and even calibers.

That's a good point. Also some countries have limitations on the number of guns you can own, the Sig P365 (or the Sig 320 platform) would be perfect in that setting.

But... It can get expensive for those of us that treat them like adult LEGOs for the fun of it.

Jerry

In the states, we shouldn't have to be worried about that kind of schidt. If there's a bunch of parts laying around, I'm going to build another one, or sell the excess. KISS..
Posted By: Bob_B257 Re: Sig P365 - 09/07/22
Soup,
Bought the same rig. With the safety.
Since I live in a 10 rnd max state the bigger platforms are handicapped by a mag plug. (Blame my politicians, not my beloved State)
Mine shoots very well. I expect you will have no issues qualifying with yours. Sig got the trigger right on the 365. It is very accurate.
The compact size hides very well.
Very happy with the choice I made. It’s 4 more rounds on board than my K frames and a bit easier to loose under a tee shirt.
Enjoy yours.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Sig P365 - 09/09/22
Dont know about the P365 with safety, i've only purchased no safety models for Wife, i dont want her to have to worry with a safety under stress, in fact, just last week i bought her another P365 9mm at Osage County Guns for 399 bucks, no tax, free shipping, and my FFL guy doesnt charge me a background check fee, 400 bucks is a smoking deal for a new P365 with night sights.
Posted By: dmentzer Re: Sig P365 - 09/09/22
Makes a big difference when changing the grip module to a Wilson. That is, if you don't mind spending an extra $67.

Attached picture 365xl.jpg
Posted By: Soup Re: Sig P365 - 09/09/22
Gents,
I just received the pistol last night. Haven't had a chance to shoot it, but the fit and finish look good.
Not too small in my hand. Came with 3 mags and a plastic holster. The magazines have a 12 on them but since I'm in a 10 round state I guess there's a block in them. Does anyone know about a deal where SIG will send you an extra magazine?
All in all, so far, I'm happy with my purchase. Now I'm looking for an IWB holster.

Semper Fidelis
Soup
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sig P365 - 09/10/22
Gents,
I just received the pistol last night. Haven't had a chance to shoot it, but the fit and finish look good.
Not too small in my hand. Came with 3 mags and a plastic holster. The magazines have a 12 on them but since I'm in a 10 round state I guess there's a block in them. Does anyone know about a deal where SIG will send you an extra magazine?
All in all, so far, I'm happy with my purchase. Now I'm looking for an IWB holster.

Semper Fidelis
Soup

before you shoot it, clean it. the packing gunk is thick.

ive got several, p365. p365xl, p365x.

shot steel, brass and aluminum, no problems
Posted By: Soup Re: Sig P365 - 09/12/22
Thank you all for your informative responses.
The holster that came with it is made of some sort of plastic.
It may be kyvix (spelling??) I’m not familiar with the product at all. Included were instructions plus an Allen key to tighten the holster so the pistol won’t fall out with vigorous shaking while upside down.
I’ve got 2 questions; won’t the plastic wear the finish off the pistol and is it uncomfortable worn IWB?
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Semper Fidelis
Soup
Posted By: Soup Re: Sig P365 - 09/13/22
TTT
© 24hourcampfire