Home
Posted By: gunswizard Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/25/22
I said that I'd never own a Glock nor another striker fired handgun, that is till I handled a 43x yesterday. It had fiber optic sights which is primarily what sealed the deal for me. Another plus is that it fits the same IWB holster that I use for my Sig P239.
Posted By: deflave Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/25/22
Yes I'm a big fan of the 43X.

Which holster are you using?
Posted By: hardway Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/25/22
I tried it but preferred the 48.... for me the longer barrel of the 48 is a bonus.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/25/22
I like the 43X, been carrying it for a year or so now. I added tritium sights, Hogue grip sleeve, Shield Arms magazines and mag release.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Holster from Concealment Express. Whole setup with 15 rounds of Underwood 68gr Xtreme Defender is just under 26 ounces.

Posted By: LBP Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/25/22
I’ve got an old one with the silver slide, bought it when they first came out. I pocket carry it everyday regardless if I’m wearing pants, jeans or shorts.

For shooting nothing compares to my Gen 2 Glock 17, but the 43x is my favorite for carrying.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/25/22
Originally Posted by LBP
I’ve got an old one with the silver slide, bought it when they first came out. I pocket carry it everyday regardless if I’m wearing pants, jeans or shorts.

For shooting nothing compares to my Gen 2 Glock 17, but the 43x is my favorite for carrying.

I carried my Gen2 for over 20 years, and it is a nice shooter. It's interesting how the evolution of the Glock pistols has come back around to the full-size grip, without finger grooves, as in the models 19X and 45.

My old Gen2,

Posted By: gunswizard Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
The holster is a My Holster #42 IWB that I bought on the internet. Works well for the Glock 43x and Sig Sauer P239.
Posted By: savage2400 Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
Funny thing I inherited several Glocks when my FIL passed but the only Glock I own is a 43X,sold all the other ones
Posted By: Mountain10mm Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
It's my goto for urban carry. The little thing is accurate, reliable and holds 15 rounds with shield mags. I can't stand short grips where my pinky doesn't have anything to hold onto. I know others don't mind them. Mine's 100% stock except for the rear sight. I put on an adjustable Glock sight from a G20. I like reflex sights, but want my carry gun as simple and light as it can be.
Posted By: deflave Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

1,800fps?

Have you shot anything with those?
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
I just bought one, gonna pick it up on Thursday.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by deflave

1,800fps?

Just paper. I would imagine that 1800 is from a 4" barrel. I need to do a chrono test with it though. I've got 9mm barrels in 3.4", 4", 4.5", and 6".

Probably make a good load for stopping watermelon.......lol.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Any Glock 43x fans ? - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by deflave

1,800fps?

Just paper. I would imagine that 1800 is from a 4" barrel. I need to do a chrono test with it though. I've got 9mm barrels in 3.4", 4", 4.5", and 6".

Probably make a good load for stopping watermelon.......lol.

Wish I could create memes.

"Honey, the guests will soon be here. Could you do something with
the watermelon?"

😁😁😁😁😁
© 24hourcampfire