Home
Posted By: Woodsman1991 Diamondback Sidekick - 09/28/22
Anybody worked one of these 22's over yet? Got one today and single action isn't bad, but the double action is absolutely painful. Took a quick look and it seems like one would have to knock out some of the pins in order to disassemble? Looking for any guidance from those who've worked a trigger job on one of these already.

Thanks!
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Diamondback Sidekick - 09/29/22
Don't bother. It's a clone of the High Standard Double Nine, a nice enough gun in it's day, but hardly anyone shot DA in those days, and it's not a good candidate for a decent trigger job for DA work. They were not meant for disassembly and working on.
Posted By: TexasShooter Re: Diamondback Sidekick - 09/30/22
The High Standard Double Nine is a great little 22 revolver. Back in the days, I would hunt squirrels with it. The one I had was very accurate. My oldest daughter has it now. :-)

T.S.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Diamondback Sidekick - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by TexasShooter
The High Standard Double Nine is a great little 22 revolver. Back in the days, I would hunt squirrels with it. The one I had was very accurate. My oldest daughter has it now. :-)

T.S.
Mine was a good one, too. I didn't try for squirrels, but I nailed a few rabbits and raccoons with it. Squirrels were just beyond my abilities back then, at least with a handgun. I probably killed a pickup load with my .22 rifle, but not that High Standard.
© 24hourcampfire