Home
Posted By: Waders Holosun SCS Questions - 12/31/22
A couple questions for guys that actually own/use the Holosun SCS.

I am considering buying one but my G19 would rarely see daylight. The gun & optic would pretty much live in a safe, either at work or at home, almost all the time. It would only see daylight for a couple minutes Mon-Fri. On weekends it would either get no light at all or only artificial light on an indoor range.

1. How much exposure to light does it need in order to maintain a charge?
2. How well does it hold a charge if it's not getting any light?
3. What problems, if any, have you had related to the battery and/or charging process?

Thanks for any help/insights you can offer!
Waders:

I have one I bought used. It is on one of my revolvers. The primary function of the revolver is for load development and T&E, so it sees intermittent use, but is otherwise stored in a large safe.

1. How much exposure to light does it need in order to maintain a charge?

Answer: I have not noticed it to be any different in operation to a Holosun that I have that does not have a solar feature.

2. How well does it hold a charge if it's not getting any light?

Answer: Both my Holosuns are on their initial battery and I intend to start changing them out annually. But right now I see no reason as they work perfectly.

3. What problems, if any, have you had related to the battery and/or charging process?

Answer: Zero problems. I don't treat either Holosun any differently and to be honest I really don't pay much attention, to which is which.

They are pretty thoroughly vetted.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Waders Re: Holosun SCS Questions - 12/31/22
Thank you. It does help.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Holosun SCS Questions - 12/31/22
I didn’t think you could change out the battery on the scs. I am pretty sure it is a fixed solar rechargeable battery.
© 24hourcampfire