Home
Three times now the magazine release has been pressed in pocket carry. I wear fairly loose clothing and am a lefty so the release is on the outside when carried.

Look how the thickened edge of the soft holster rides directly over the release button. A stiffer pocket holster would prob’ly alleviate the problem.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That's not good. Yeah, you need a different holster.
You must be pressing your ass against something
How do you like the max.

I have one ordered. Talked to the shop yesterday they said they have a big shipment of stuff stuck in Memphis currently. Hopefully in this week.

-Jake
Alabama should be able to make you one for a lefty with an option for the mag release button to be covered.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
or getting something pressed against his ass...... 🤔
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Front pocket, prob’ly when sitting down.
You need kydex.
Look at the DeSantis pocket holster.
I don't think you're going to like pocket carry. A minimalist inside waistband holster works a lot better.

I buy coats with zip up slash pockets that I carry my .380's in. It's easy enough to slip your hands in the slash pockets when you're walking somewhere. (something that I habitually do, anyway) On those rare occasions when I'm somewhere that causes me to be armed, my hands will be in the slash pocket holding the .380.

That pocket carry works. But for warm weather an IWB holster works much better than a jeans pocket.

"No tuck" shirts are a trend these days. An untucked shirt will easily conceal an LCP Max in an IWB holster.

We've got constitutional carry in Kentucky now. So carrying a gun is no big deal. But still,..I think it's best to be as discreet as possible about it. There's no reason to let people know any more about your business than necessary.
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
How do you like the max.

I have one ordered. Talked to the shop yesterday they said they have a big shipment of stuff stuck in Memphis currently. Hopefully in this week.

-Jake

I agree with the online reviews, the max is the latest and greatest pocket pistol, much easier/faster to shoot well than the previous Ruger LCP, easier to shoot well than an Airweight j frame revolver. And it IS a pocket pistol, disappears into a pocket, light enough you forget it’s there.

The biggest problem I have is no fault of the gun; my arms are no longer long enough to see the sights clearly 🙄
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
How do you like the max.

-Jake

I agree with the online reviews, the max is the latest and greatest pocket pistol, much easier/faster to shoot well than the previous Ruger LCP, easier to shoot well than an Airweight j frame revolver. And it IS a pocket pistol, disappears into a pocket, light enough you forget it’s there.

The biggest problem I have is no fault of the gun; my arms are no longer long enough to see the sights clearly 🙄

Can't help you on that one lol.

-Jake
Bristoe,

Tks for the reply. My customary attire is an untucked Magellan fishing shirt over cargo pants or shorts so I got that covered. Been pocket carrying a j-frame with an Uncle Mike’s Combat Grip for years. I never have tried an IWB holster, I’ll have to look into it.
Until a serious holster arrives, I took a pair of scissors and cut a notch out of that soft cloth Ruger holster to clear the magazine release. I’ll see how it goes.

I will say the magazine release itself is not the problem, it’s plenty stiff to press.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't think you're going to like pocket carry. A minimalist inside waistband holster works a lot better.

I buy coats with zip up slash pockets that I carry my .380's in. It's easy enough to slip your hands in the slash pockets when you're walking somewhere. (something that I habitually do, anyway) On those rare occasions when I'm somewhere that causes me to be armed, my hands will be in the slash pocket holding the .380.

That pocket carry works. But for warm weather an IWB holster works much better than a jeans pocket.

"No tuck" shirts are a trend these days. An untucked shirt will easily conceal an LCP Max in an IWB holster.

We've got constitutional carry in Kentucky now. So carrying a gun is no big deal. But still,..I think it's best to be as discreet as possible about it. There's no reason to let people know any more about your business than necessary.

Saved me a lot of typing, Bristoe.
As already said, carrying a pistol in jeans pocket is not ideal.
If I were to pocket carry, I'd want a heel clip magazine release and DAO OR thumb safety.
Sometimes ya just gotta do some trimming. I have a pocket carry Springfield XDS mod2 .40 with a Lasermax Micro II green on the rail that works beautifully in a Galco JAK slide that I reworked/trimmed a bit.

Ambi mag release button needed a little notch out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ain’t the prettiest thing ever, but works pretty slick.
I bought an ElPaso Saddlery leather pocket holster for my Sig P-365.

it seems to be stiff enough leather that I've never had a problem hitting the mag release button.

I have it in my "jammie" pocket as I type, and wear it every morning 'till my pants go on.

Virgil B.
I’ve worn in untucked shirt for years. I carry outside the waist band, and have for years. Never had anyone notice or say anything. It’s not a matter of what’s best, it has to do with body stand build.
© 24hourcampfire