Home
Leather, leaning 55BN for OWB or Versamax 2 for IWB.

I sure do like the 55BN for a government 1911.

Open to any and all suggestions, however, and not just Milt Sparks.

Appreciated ...
Go to Kramer’s web page. I have a few of his horsehide holsters and they are my go to holster place. Turn-around is very reasonable too.
VM2 for me....
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
I always liked the old Bianchi Askins Avenger holster for Hi Powers, but there are a LOT of companies making the Avenger-styled holsters now. Bianchi copied it from Bruce Nelson, IIRC, so it's no stretch for anyone else to copy that design. I like the same holster for 1911s, too.

You might try the BHP in your 55BN, it'll fit a little loosely, but it will suffice for knocking around a range.
Generally the Hi-Power will fit just fine in 1911 leather holsters. If the 55BN is your favorite for a 1911, one approach would be to buy your second favorite 1911 holster for the Hi-Power.
I have a VM2 for a Hi Power; excellent holster. But since I got my HBE Com3, it has become my backup holster.
https://www.hbeleatherworks.com/com.html

So essentially its the same concept as the VM2, but its lighter and thinner. Eric uses a thinner leather and it makes a noticeable difference. Perhaps the VM2 would last longer, but I have 12 years on my HBE Com3 and its holding up just fine. For me, the thinner holster makes a difference. YMMV.
I just carry my HP in my 1911 VM2.
A Thad Rybka Rhodesian is a pretty sweet OWB holster. The 5Shot Leather SME is about the best leather AIWB holster around.
For a HP I use the Yaqui slide, believe Galco and El paso still make them.......very easy.
© 24hourcampfire