Home
The 5" Model 10 is my favorite also. I'm down to two of them these days. Actually, one of them is an "S" prefix that predates model numbers. It was made in 1948. I go easy on the 1948 example. It usually gets shot with 158s over 3.5 grains of Bullseye.

The 5" 10-5 gets wrung out with swaged SWCHP 158s over 7 grains of AA #5,..a very accurate load.
Watched it the other day, he has some neat old revolvers
I think Hackathorn and I share MOST of his tastes (how could anyone argue with them?), but while he likes his 3 1/2" M-27, I don't like any snubby N-frames, which I think waste all that powder pushing the bullets. I don't much like any wheelgun with a shorter than 4" barrel, and don't much like anything over 6 1/2", either.

I do own a snubby .38, but even it has a 3" barrel. I just don't like the snubbiest ones.
Played with a bunch of those guns at one time or another.

Jim Cirillo's :

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Colt SAA 10mm/38-40

5" M29

He has nice taste in guns, no doubt.
That 5" M29 would make anyone happy, what a beautiful six gun.

Dick
I like Hackathorn. He seems like a genuine guy. Those are some beautiful and interesting handguns, no doubt.
I used to like Hackathorn a lot before he became a shill for Wilson Combat. Wilson has a video posted of him using his super awesome WC (either a 1911 or modified Glock) to successfully shoot a drill, but the number of bullet impacts on the steel target changed between two strings of fire. It's obviously an edited video, but he presents it as though he shot it clean on the first try.

I wouldn't have thought his integrity would be for sale at any price, but I guess a spot on the WC pro staff must have been a temptation he couldn't resist.
Revolvers are just cooler than autos... Love his 5" 29.

I find I never get tried of shooting these three...They make very frequent trips to the range.

[Linked Image]
Lot's of sweeties in that bunch. The 5" N frames trip my trigger. He's older than me with good connections & made it happen. I didn't know how.

Bill Wilson not really into revolvers or just dry? He seemed unimpressed with most of them.
From what I've seen of Bill Wilson that's just his nature. He has a collection of Colt Pythons that would make anyone envious. And I think Wilson shot competitions with a Python for years.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Bill Wilson not really into revolvers or just dry? He seemed unimpressed with most of them.
That's Bill's version of "excited".
Just two guys having fun enjoying their day.
Some beautiful safequeens there.
Probably my favorite 5" M29-2.

That 5” half lug 29 I want
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]exxon station near my location

Here's one an old 38 w/5" barrel. This one came from an old mine site.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]exxon station near my location

Here's one an old 38 w/5" barrel. This one came from an old mine site.
Definitely a pre-war.
© 24hourcampfire