Home
I got word a bit ago that John Linebaugh passed away today. He was working in his shop at one of his machines and just fell over. There was someone with him at the time.

I don't have any other details but will post as I receive more information.
Sorry to hear this Paladin.
Extremely sad news. Always enjoyed visiting with John
Damn, I really hate to hear this! We were planning to go to John’s get together. I’ve visited with him a couple of time on the phone and really liked him!

RIP John…..you will be missed! memtb
Very sad day for his family, friends and the community of gun guys and gals
May John RIP
Hate to hear this.

He did a LOT for the revolver community.

Okie John
He squeezed the full potential out of the old Colt 45, then went on to developing packable hand cannons.
Oh, ok..
Very sad news. He was definitely an icon of larger bore handguns. I have much appreciation for the work he did with the 45 Colt, and developing the 475 Linebaugh which is personal top end favorite above .452.
I'm very happy for him. Dying while doing what he enjoys is an awesome way to go. He was a pleasure to talk with and tho I was young and undereducated on sixguns he never talked down to me nor did he seem bothered.

RIP John!
Originally Posted by Dinny
I'm very happy for him. Dying while doing what he enjoys is an awesome way to go. He was a pleasure to talk with and tho I was young and undereducated on sixguns he never talked down to me nor did he seem bothered.

RIP John!

Well said.
I only know him as the name behind wildcat cartridges that eventually became standard. RIP, though.
That is sad news and prayers are with his family.
He was from the town I live in (Maryville, MO) and his knowledge was amazing!

RIP John
Just heard from Kelly Brost this morning of Johns passing. A sad day indeed. God speed for John and praying for healing for his family and friends.
Sad news. Great guy.
Sad news indeed David.
Sad to hear!
RIP, John.
Originally Posted by SenderoMan
That is sad news and prayers are with his family.
He was from the town I live in (Maryville, MO) and his knowledge was amazing!

RIP John

I was working with him when he was there
We built the building……went to Wyoming to get his stuff we and started building revolvers
Built with him for 3 years or so…….
Spent a couple of months a year or so ago at his place doing it again.

The plan was for two old Pharts to build guns again……relaxed this time.

He was Wyatt and I was Doc……..I was supposed to go first.

Miss you Pard……….dam it
Sorry to hear this. I've read some of his articles. Good stuff for sure.
© 24hourcampfire