Home
Posted By: TheKid Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Any of you guys on the taller thinner side, what is your preference for carrying concealed?

I’ll give a little info to let you know what I’m dealing with.

I’m 6’4” tall and weigh right around 200lb. 32” waist and pretty narrow shoulders and upper body. I live in a place that regularly sees triple digit temps from June through September so cover garments are tough to work around.

For forever I’ve carried primarily small handguns, especially during the warm months due to having no place to hide a full sized handgun. We have constitutional carry so printing or someone seeing a firearm isn’t a problem legally, but I prefer that I’m the only one who knows that I’m armed for a variety of reasons.

I generally carry a J frame in a front pocket or with an IWB rig but even that can be problematic to keep concealed during T shirt weather. My no other choice but better than nothing option has always been a HS double derringer slid in behind my billfold in a front pocket, while easily hidden and always reliable it isn’t much good past contact distance.

The dilemma now is that I’d like to carry a mid or full sized auto due to the way of the world currently but I don’t know of a good option for concealabilty for a G19 or similar on my slim frame in a pair of Levi’s and a T shirt or pearl snap.

When I lived in a colder locale it wasn’t an issue to hide a 5” Govt model IWB by wearing a vest or light jacket. That doesn’t work out as well when it’s 103deg out or I’m in a building during the summer months sitting and standing for any length of time.

What works for you?
Posted By: K1500 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
If you want a G19’ish type gun, take a look at a G48 with shield arms mags. It’s the slimline version of a g19 that holds 10 rounds from Glock but 15 with shield mags. Essentially giving up nothing to the 19 except girth.

I am not skinny but am tall. The G48 hides well under just t-shirt, especially if it’s not skin tight. I really like the concealment express/rounded line of holsters. The biggest addition to making it conceal well if you are skinny and want to hide it under a t shirt is the claw. It tucks it into your side tight. It is slightly less comfortable with the claw (it’s removable) but it is probably worth it. As always, a good belt is paramount.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I’ll look into those holsters. I was giving some thought to the G48 but I haven’t looked into it very closely and didn’t know about the Shield mags. I mentioned the G19 just because it’s a tried and true option. I’ll do some more reading on the G48.

Thanks
Posted By: Anteloper Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Change your gender & have a good surgeon fix you up with a pair of double D’s.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I wouldn’t get anything done then, I’d be too busy playing with them.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
You really need to move to appendix IWB carry (AWIB)..............& with a loose fitting T-shirt it will conceal with a decent sized gun better than anything else.

And get yourself a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact with a 3.6" barrel & forget about the Glocks as the footprint of the M&P is much easier to conceal & it's a full size grip, 15 round gun.

This is the holster, below, that you need & pics of the M&P 2.0 Compact in it. (It comes standard with a "wing" which pushes the gun butt in tighter to your body)

Appendix carry for some takes a little getting used to & you may have to make yourself work at it in the beginning....................after a few days, you'll likely never want anything else.

It conceals better, has faster access standing or sitting & is easy to sit with for vehicle use.

But correct fit clothing is important............loose fit doesn't need to be 2 sizes too big, just a matter of how it's cut. Not all shirts are cut the same.

MM

TXC Holster

Model X1 TXC holster with 3.6" barrel M& P Compact 2.0

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: smallfry Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
So I am not your height, I am shorter and also 50 lbs less wt. I carry jframes, Shield plus (10-13 rounds) and sometimes a G19 but only with extra clothes almost impossible not to print for me with a G19 and tshirt. I can hide a Shield plus well, it is very accurate and has a good trigger for a striker fire. The TXC style holsters as shown above work great, and though not a fan of appendix carry, it works.
S.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
6ft / 180 … G17 with optic , AIWB, tier 1 minimalist holster , shirt tucked , daily .
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I would look at IWB rigs that still offer a full firing grip on the pistol yet sit deep in the pant for concealment purposes. Personally I have found that the Milt Sparks Summer Specials are still my favorites after trying a number of variations over the years.

This is not a good pic, and this is a 50th anniversary model, so the production ones will have two snaps, but I find that the Summer Special will conceal a full size 5" gun easily with a t shirt on.

I am not a fan of appendix IWB carry for my own reasons, but a lot of people like it, so if it works for them, fine by me, but I prefer not to. A few different button down shirts that are designed to be worn untucked that are just a little longer in length may solve a lot of your problems, when combined with a good IWB rig.
Posted By: JOG Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I can't do AIWB - it seems I'm always carrying something or leaning over a fender. I'm the same height and this might not help, but not all "long" t-shirts are created equal. Carhartt and True Classic are LONG and worth a try. I prefer the True Classic as they fit decent without the square sail effect some t-shirts get in the larger sizes. Size up though, they run a little small. I'd guess you for an XLT. If you wait for a sale and buy a pack of six they are also cheap. True Classic is by no means a heavy t-shirt like some, but I prefer that for summer.

There are plenty of smaller pistols that offer similar round count to the G19. Proper size pistol, good holster and belt, long t-shirt - done. I carry a P365 OWB (Bianchi Illusion) on an Anson CC ratchet belt under a long t-shirt with no issue.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I would look at IWB rigs that still offer a full firing grip on the pistol yet sit deep in the pant for concealment purposes. Personally I have found that the Milt Sparks Summer Specials are still my favorites after trying a number of variations over the years.

This is not a good pic, and this is a 50th anniversary model, so the production ones will have two snaps, but I find that the Summer Special will conceal a full size 5" gun easily with a t shirt on.

I am not a fan of appendix IWB carry for my own reasons, but a lot of people like it, so if it works for them, fine by me, but I prefer not to. A few different button down shirts that are designed to be worn untucked that are just a little longer in length may solve a lot of your problems, when combined with a good IWB rig.

Like you say, everyone has to figure out what works for them & holster fit is a very personal thing.
Lots of styles work.
I have several versions of the SS's & they work fine but on most people, especially thinner ones, they bulge just a little too much at 3 o'clock. But because or the thinner profile, a 1911 works well in them. The Sparks Executive Companion is also good if it fits your build.

MM
Posted By: Redleg172 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I'm about the same build. I tried a G19 IWB and didn't care for it. Too thick and still printed and preferred my 1911 for that application.

I tried the G48 IWB and really like it. It is just thin enough that I can wear it with any regular pants or shorts and an untucked shirt hides it fine.

I picked up a SIG 365 and a AIWB holster and that is becoming my go-to, especially when wearing a t-shirt.

The spare mags on my belt print more than the G48 or 365 in their holster.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
SIG 365 here too. Nice gun.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
+1 on the Sig 365 in a Kydex IWB holster, appendix carry.

In Houston from April/May to November the casual uniform is t-shirts & shorts, and that is what works......
Posted By: MOGC Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I am an M&P fan but have been giving very serious consideration to the Glock 43X or 48 with the Shield Arms magazines. Either of those in an optic cut configuration with a compact dot sight on top.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
For me, the G48 beats the G43x. The longer slide isn’t a detriment when carrying iwb, and it adds sight radius and some velocity. It also points better for me. As stated, if you like Glocks a G48 mos is basically a G19 mos that is thinner. Same capacity (shield mags) and barrel length. I actually think the longer barrel is more comfortable, as it doesn’t dig into the point of the hip.
Posted By: hardway Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Check out Fist holsters

https://www.fist-holsters.com/

He uses an extremely THIN kydex material that is just damn nice for IWB carry...... for the gun, I love my Glock 48 (have the original and the newer MOS version) but I also got a Glock 43 for summer time.... I'm even know to wear a belt and pull basketball lightweight shorts up over the holster lol.... a long tshirt or a super light button up fishing shirt and you're set.

I can't do appendix either... it's cool if it works for you and maybe I just haven't found the right holster for me? I carry at 3:30-4 o'clock .... the biggest epiphany for me was to just stop giving a chit if it it lightly prints or shows every once in awhile.... it's GOING to happen, just be aware of it and try to limit it.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Originally Posted by TheKid
What works for you?

I wouldn't be mistaken for taller or skinny but still, similar issues. It is challenging.

1) Surprisingly few people recognize a fanny pack holster for what it is. I had some friends in the security biz frisk me in a sort of joking manner while we were talking about guns and concealed carry and they went right past it, didn't know they'd missed a 4" barreled S&W 629. So some people will know, but most will not.

2) Hot weather so a jacket is out, but does your personal dress style allow for a vest? It could just be cover for a holster or a holster could be built into it.

3) Ankle holster?
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Not going into how or what holster. For 5 10, 185 carrying concealed @ +100 degrees it’s a thin moisture wicking t shirt with a Hawaiian style shirt over.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I’m not tall or skinny. But I love my p365 and raven vanguard holster (I replaced the OEM clip with an ulti clip)

If that combo won’t conceal for you not much will
Posted By: 79S Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Me and the kid have kind of the same build I’m 5’2 and weigh 390lbs. Unfortunately the holsters recommended here don’t work for me.
Originally Posted by 79S
Me and the kid have kind of the same build I’m 5’2 and weigh 390lbs. Unfortunately the holsters recommended here don’t work for me.

Laughin' here..........

I don't think you're serious about the 5-2, 390...............but if IWB or AIWB just doesn't work, get a J frame, put it in your pants pocket & carry a couple of speedloaders.

If that don't work, get a man purse. grin

Maybe a man bun too?

MM
Posted By: hardway Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
Originally Posted by 79S

Could always "keester" a bond arms 😉
Posted By: tater74 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/29/23
I'm cheap and made my own leather IWB holster. I carry an IJ-70 which is basically the same size as a Glock 19.

I wear a tee shirt and other than a slight print if I bend over, it is comfortable and unobtrusive. I wear at 4:00.

I have about $8.00 in it.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
MM, are you able to move around, pick stuff up off the ground, etc while carrying AIWB with the holster you mentioned above? My first attempt was painful enough that it became my only attempt at AIWB, but I'll give your recommended holster a shot if you think that would help. I'm not willing to give up a primary movement for better concealment/faster presentation though.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
I worked with a guy who was the first proponent of AIWB I ever met. We had a similar build and he let me try out his rig for a day. I could see the advantages, no worries about bending over and showing your gun etc. but I just couldn’t warm to the concept. I guess I’d rather have a gun pointed at my ass cheek than my femoral and right nut.

I may go look at some pistols in the next few days and weigh some options. I appreciate the suggestions and keep them coming.

Wish someone made something as thin as a Colt 1903 that was a single stack 10 shooter in 9mm.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
Originally Posted by 79S

I always saw the stout muscular guys like you with the Miami Vice shoulder rigs. Jackass even made one with a Bowie knife sheath on the weak side. Pretty slick setup for a streetfighter
Posted By: goalie Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
Shield Plus in a good IWB holster at 3-4 o'clock will hide under a t shirt.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
'Nother option that helps conceal a little better is a tee shirt made by Duluth traders.

They have a three inch longer tail, so one can bend without showing your gun as much.

Virgil B.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
I had a first version LCP tucked behind a rubber wallet (back pocket). Stayed put but came out easy.
Bout as thin a setup as I could find.

Went P365 and run a Fobus paddle or Sticky.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/30/23
Cut the sleeves off your "carry shirt".
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
I worked with a guy who was the first proponent of AIWB I ever met. We had a similar build and he let me try out his rig for a day. I could see the advantages, no worries about bending over and showing your gun etc. but I just couldn’t warm to the concept. I guess I’d rather have a gun pointed at my ass cheek than my femoral and right nut.

So you're concerned that your guns (any guns?) aren't really "safe" to carry?

Even with a gun with 2 safety's like a 1911?

Or an M&P or a Sig with a thumb safety added

Well, good luck with your holster (& safe gun) search ................

MM
Posted By: TheKid Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
No I’m not concerned with my guns being “safe”. I stated in the OP that I usually carry a revolver that doesn’t have a “safety”.

I came here and asked for suggestions and advice. You provided some. I stated that I wasn’t sure that method was for me.

Sometimes [bleep] happens and people screw up especially under duress. Fact is that when you draw the gun you will have a loaded gun in your hand pointed at a more important part of the body drawing from AIWB than from the 3-5oclock. Not something I’m comfortable with at this juncture, your mileage obviously varies and that’s perfectly OK. No need to be a douche.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
It’s the reholstering that will get you. Nobody wants Glock nut…
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
Sig P365 of whatever variant you prefer and a tee shirt one size up. That's my summer dress here when it's hot.
Look for a tee shirt that's cut longer at the waist and you don't need to worry when bending over.
Posted By: shootem Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
I guess I’d rather have a gun pointed at my ass cheek than my femoral and right nut.

I was born brave but identify as paranoid. My pronouns are cautious/selfish. I’m careful because I want to keep my parts. Just can’t adopt the concept though others critical I will not be.

6’ 190#. Do a G23 or S&W 5903 in a plain old Galco rough side out IWB clip. I dress around them. Cool whether I may go Blackhawk paddle with cover. Summertime casual is a dark loose tshirt, or rib T under a square tail collard shirt with some kind of print or pattern. My decision to carry full size was a trade off with extra rounds and better handling winning. Wife has the M&P Compact with safety mentioned. It is indeed a handy tool. The G48 is quite interesting and will have my attention should I buy again.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
Good info here. I need to start carrying more but I don't know much about the best ways to do it. For the last several years when I do carry its been putting my 351pd 7 shot 22 mag in my pocket or my 360pd 357.

With all the mob like activities the last few years I stepped up to a 365 with 13 round magazine in it and another spare. I need to figure out the best way to carry it.

I also have an m&p compact in 40 with a safety that I really like too. I shoot better with it than most guns. I think it's 13 rounds with a little mag extension and I have a few cases of Winchester Ranger T police trade in ammo. I'd like to find a good comfortable way to carry the 40.

I carry the little Smith 40 sometimes camping and fishing when I don't feel like packing a 10mm or 44 mag. I have some lazercast 180g flat nose stuff I loaded years ago that does 1080 fps from the 3.6" barrel and runs reliably.

Bb
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Skinny guy carry - 03/31/23
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
With all the mob like activities the last few years I stepped up to a 365 with 13 round magazine in it and another spare. I need to figure out the best way to carry it.

Sounds like the right mindset...........there's really nowhere with any significant level of population today, that is immune from all the BS happening.

Anytime, anywhere.

No matter how one chooses to carry, even if not fully optimum, or if even it prints a little, it's a far better situation than not carrying at all.

Pick something that you can start with & move forward with it..................you can adjust or change as needed later.

And for the most part, except for other people versed on weaponry, no one really notices............it's more in your own mind than on anyone else's, IMO.

MM
Posted By: 358wsm Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/01/23
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
You really need to move to appendix IWB carry (AWIB)..............& with a loose fitting T-shirt it will conceal with a decent sized gun better than anything else.

And get yourself a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact with a 3.6" barrel & forget about the Glocks as the footprint of the M&P is much easier to conceal & it's a full size grip, 15 round gun.

This is the holster, below, that you need & pics of the M&P 2.0 Compact in it. (It comes standard with a "wing" which pushes the gun butt in tighter to your body)

Appendix carry for some takes a little getting used to & you may have to make yourself work at it in the beginning....................after a few days, you'll likely never want anything else.

It conceals better, has faster access standing or sitting & is easy to sit with for vehicle use.

But correct fit clothing is important............loose fit doesn't need to be 2 sizes too big, just a matter of how it's cut. Not all shirts are cut the same.

MM

TXC Holster

Model X1 TXC holster with 3.6" barrel M& P Compact 2.0

Thank You, MM.!
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Guess I qualify as skinny at 5'11" and 170, LOL. I like my 365XL and for now I'm still using the OWB holster that came with my pistol as a kit and wear it at the 4 o'clock position. Just make sure that my T-shirt is long enough to cover when I bend over and don't worry too much about printing, as others have said, most people aren't looking close enough to even notice if you're carrying or not and I don't really care if they do any more.
When i first started carrying I felt like everyone was looking at me, knowing that I was carrying. Carry long enough and you almost forget that you are and you stop thinking that everyone else is looking at you.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Wish someone made something as thin as a Colt 1903 that was a single stack 10 shooter in 9mm.

The Sig P365 isn't a single stack but it meets your other criteria. You also can carry a higher capacity reload if you want.
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-colt-1903-pocket-hammerless
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Ruger EC9S is thin. You can get 7, 8, or 9 round mags for it. The one I have has been a reliable accurate shooter. Its nothing special but it serves my purpose as a cheap lunch box gun. I bought it because of its size and price.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Ruger’s 9mm with a single row Mag. LC9 I think it’s called. That is almost the thinnest carry I have had. I carry a Bond derringer in 45 ACP. I can not think of a possible scenario where I’ll need more than two shots.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Bugger
Ruger’s 9mm with a single row Mag. LC9 I think it’s called. That is almost the thinnest carry I have had. I carry a Bond derringer in 45 ACP. I can not think of a possible scenario where I’ll need more than two shots.

You can't think of a possible scenario that might need more than two shots? You aren't trying very hard.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

The Sig P365 isn't a single stack but it meets your other criteria. You also can carry a higher capacity reload if you want.
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-colt-1903-pocket-hammerless

So does a Glock 43x, Glock 48, and a Shield. All of them are thinner than the 1903 and hold 10-15 rounds . Have your cake and eat it too.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23

The Sig P365 is hard to beat for a compact 9mm carry gun in my opinion.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Been carrying my new shield plus. But after I found this post this morning I pulled the 365 out for carry today. Definitely one of the smallest 10+1 9mm out there, if not the smallest.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/10/23
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I'll second this...but I prefer the XL model personally. Even though the XL is 1/2" longer, I prefer the straight trigger, the raised slide release. I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure it's 12 plus 1.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/30/23
Originally Posted by goalie
Shield Plus in a good IWB holster at 3-4 o'clock will hide under a t shirt.

Excellent choice! (mine too)
Posted By: SS336 Re: Skinny guy carry - 04/30/23
I’m a skinny guy, 138#, I carry a P365XL with safety AIWB and nobody has pointed at me……yet. 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Slavek Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
Any of you guys on the taller thinner side, what is your preference for carrying concealed?

I’ll give a little info to let you know what I’m dealing with.

I’m 6’4” tall and weigh right around 200lb. 32” waist and pretty narrow shoulders and upper body. I live in a place that regularly sees triple digit temps from June through September so cover garments are tough to work around.

For forever I’ve carried primarily small handguns, especially during the warm months due to having no place to hide a full sized handgun. We have constitutional carry so printing or someone seeing a firearm isn’t a problem legally, but I prefer that I’m the only one who knows that I’m armed for a variety of reasons.

I generally carry a J frame in a front pocket or with an IWB rig but even that can be problematic to keep concealed during T shirt weather. My no other choice but better than nothing option has always been a HS double derringer slid in behind my billfold in a front pocket, while easily hidden and always reliable it isn’t much good past contact distance.

The dilemma now is that I’d like to carry a mid or full sized auto due to the way of the world currently but I don’t know of a good option for concealabilty for a G19 or similar on my slim frame in a pair of Levi’s and a T shirt or pearl snap.

When I lived in a colder locale it wasn’t an issue to hide a 5” Govt model IWB by wearing a vest or light jacket. That doesn’t work out as well when it’s 103deg out or I’m in a building during the summer months sitting and standing for any length of time.

What works for you?

LCP Max in pocket holster. It is small, thin and light, therefore, you can pocket carry that.
Posted By: Bob_B257 Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
Originally Posted by SS336
I’m a skinny guy, 138#, I carry a P365XL with safety AIWB and nobody has pointed at me……yet. 😁

How do you like the Wilson Grip on that 365? Any issues adding it to the model with the safety?
Posted By: JPro Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
I'm not a big guy at 5'8" and 160lbs. I can get away with a Hellcat 9mm in a high-ride pancake belt holster with a short sleeve button-up shirt left untucked (wifebeater underneath). If going with a t-shirt, I usually just carry an LCP Max in a pocket holster with a spare mag in a plastic sleeve in the other front pocket. If the pants are too slim for that, the LCP Max also will ride just fine in that pocket holster, slipped down in the top of my right Georgia boot. I've carried various LCP models in slip-on boots for probably 6-7 years and never had a problem with them shifting too much in day to day activity (no real running though). Slow to draw, for sure, but at least you have a weapon. I'll usually carry it as backup to the Hellcat if I'm wearing boots that day.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
This is a helpful thread.

I'm not tall or skinny, 5'10" & 215 lbs. I just started carrying last Fall. I've got a G43X and I bought an Alien Holster package that you can switch the parts around to do IWB, OWB, AIWB. I also bought a pocket holster. I've tried it AIWB and it's not comfortable when I sit. I've got very comfortable with wearing the IWB at 8:00 (I'm left handed) with a t-shirt tucked in and a flannel shirt untucked. When it gets hot out, I'll be wearing cargo shorts with a golf shirt or t-shirt. I figured I'll have to pocket carry when the weather changes, but I'd like to stick with IWB.

Here's my question to you guys. If you're wearing a t-shirt or golf shirt untucked with shorts, is your holster against your skin, or do you have another shirt tucked in under it? I'm not too keen on wearing two shirts when it's 100*. Some guys have mentioned wearing a thin wife beater tucked in under the golf shirt. I would think that it'll get slimmy when you sweat if there's nothing between your skin and the holster.

What say you?
Posted By: Slavek Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
I wear 100% cotton sleeveless shirt under 100% silk shirt. I can not imagine wearing holstered weapon against bare skin 😳
Originally Posted by Slavek
I wear 100% cotton sleeveless shirt under 100% silk shirt. I can not imagine wearing holstered weapon against bare skin 😳

Thanks.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Thanks.

These work great in 100+

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-M...ckup&athbdg=L1600&from=topicPage
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Thanks.

These work great in 100+

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-M...ckup&athbdg=L1600&from=topicPage

Thanks. Now if we could ever get any warmer weather, I could try out a few options.
Posted By: KKDD50 Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
I do not like IWB holsters for various reasons so I wear the OWB styles only. On me my S&W CSX disappears under even just an untucked T-shirt as does a 3" J-frame Smith. With a regular untucked shirt a K-frame or a 1911 are basically unnoticeable. This works on me (slim build) but obviously not for everyone else.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
This is a helpful thread.

I'm not tall or skinny, 5'10" & 215 lbs. I just started carrying last Fall. I've got a G43X and I bought an Alien Holster package that you can switch the parts around to do IWB, OWB, AIWB. I also bought a pocket holster. I've tried it AIWB and it's not comfortable when I sit. I've got very comfortable with wearing the IWB at 8:00 (I'm left handed) with a t-shirt tucked in and a flannel shirt untucked. When it gets hot out, I'll be wearing cargo shorts with a golf shirt or t-shirt. I figured I'll have to pocket carry when the weather changes, but I'd like to stick with IWB.

Here's my question to you guys. If you're wearing a t-shirt or golf shirt untucked with shorts, is your holster against your skin, or do you have another shirt tucked in under it? I'm not too keen on wearing two shirts when it's 100*. Some guys have mentioned wearing a thin wife beater tucked in under the golf shirt. I would think that it'll get slimmy when you sweat if there's nothing between your skin and the holster.

What say you?

When temps exceed 100f, I wear just a loose fitting short sleeve button up shirt with no undershirt. Never a problem with a good holster IWB or OWB that has a sweat guard between the gun and my skin. A sweaty undershirt just promotes chafing.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/02/23
Originally Posted by Bob_B257
Originally Posted by SS336

How do you like the Wilson Grip on that 365? Any issues adding it to the model with the safety?

I like the Wilson grip module a lot. It feels better in my hand, and is grippier (is that a word?) 😁
The one I bought on the Wilson website was for the safety equipped P365 and was so simple even I could do it. Pretty inexpensive for the improved grip it gives you.
Posted By: Biathlonman Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/03/23
5’10”, 170 here. 43x (shields) either AIWB, or 3 o’clock OWB if it’s cool enough to wear two shirts. Under stress my hands looking for the gun at 3 o’clock….contemplated the 48, but probably sell the 43x for the MOS version soon as work is transitioning everything over to an optic…makes the sight radius of the 48 kinda a moot point. I like the shields mags but don’t think I’d spend the money to do it again…10+1 will do anything I need doing.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/03/23
No flies on a P365 in whichever model you choose.

If you want something that is extremely concealable, especially if moving from a 1911, an S&W CSX is very difficult to beat and conceals easily either AIWB or strong side under a light shirt or T-shirt. 12+1 9x19 with clever manual safety system and familiar controls.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/03/23

Thanks.
I do with my 1911, shorts, and a T-shirt, and it doesn't bother me at all.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Skinny guy carry - 05/03/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Thanks.
I do with my 1911, shorts, and a T-shirt, and it doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks Roger. I'm gonna try a couple of different things when it gets warmer. I need to try OWB and see if it prints. It's not illegal to print here, but I'd still like to keep it under wraps.
© 24hourcampfire