Home
I have been looking at these the last month or so. No dealers anywhere near me had one or so I thought , but found one on Tuesday , it came home yesterday. I wanted a gun that would be able to stand up to a steady diet of heavy loads. It is going to the range tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks to those that have spoken about these pistols. grin
It’ll take some getting used to. The mag release…. But they shoot nice.
What caliber? Good stuff.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The 40 cal I carried made it easy to make hits on B-27 silhouette targets at 100 yards.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
What caliber? Good stuff.

,45ACP
I bought a USP 45 right after the implementation of the national Assault Weapon Ban, so it came with two 10 round mags. I immediately located two extra factory (pre-ban) 12 round mags for $100.00 each on the secondary market.
Originally Posted by viking

I am over the mag release, getting used to the trigger.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I bought a USP 45 right after the implementation of the national Assault Weapon Ban, so it came with two 10 round mags. I immediately located two extra factory (pre-ban) 12 round mags for $100.00 each on the secondary market.

Mine came with 2 10rd mags as well, they are priced around 45 or so each on broker for the 12 round , going to buy a few
Clearly this is all OUR fault:)
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Clearly this is all OUR fault:)

Yes it is . smile
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

What's different about the trigger?
Originally Posted by MPat70

Just the way it functions to me. I am more used to 1911 and Glock triggers. Its a 2 stage trigger, and then I think it breaks nicely.
Originally Posted by MPat70

Just the way it functions to me. I am more used to 1911 and Glock triggers. Its a 2 stage trigger, and then I think it breaks nicely.
Ok gotcha 👍🏻

Mine came with 2 10rd mags as well, they are priced around 45 or so each on broker for the 12 round , going to buy a few
Yeah, now. But I bought those 12 rounders during the National Assault Weapon Ban. People were getting top dollar for them at that time. Most assumed the ban would last forever.

Yeah, now. But I bought those 12 rounders during the National Assault Weapon Ban. People were getting top dollar for them at that time. Most assumed the ban would last forever.

Oh yeah that was the case back then for sure.
Another H&K convert, congratulations cool
The HKs are great guns, and built to take a very high round count. The traditional double action triggers tend not to be the best, but due to the nature of the design, you can have them retrofitted with the LEM triggers, which are substantially better. The match LEM being the best of all.

It similar to having a custom Glock trigger in the HK, with a super light take-up, until you get to the wall, then a very short pull until the trigger breaks. It makes shooting the guns quickly and accurately much easier.
Thanks for that update
Man, you’re going to love your USP. It’s the softest shooting 45 of all I’ve tried. I’ve been a certified 1911 guy forever but am now considering another USP.

My only dilemma is whether to get the DA-SA match trigger or the LEM match. May have to try both, especially with Ted recommending the LEM.
Originally Posted by AZtwins
Man, you’re going to love your USP. It’s the softest shooting 45 of all I’ve tried. I’ve been a certified 1911 guy forever but am now considering another USP.

My only dilemma is whether to get the DA-SA match trigger or the LEM match. May have to try both, especially with Ted recommending the LEM.

I like my Glock 41 almost as much but yes this pistol is a Tank and really well built and designed. It will not be my last . I'll probably never shoot my 1911's ever again.
Was going to do the LEM trigger. Was notified by HK website they were avail, looked at the the price and remembered frustrated I get working on guns and passed. HK parts are pricey but in this day and age, if you want something, you had better get it now.

I've added a Jarvis threaded barrel, HK adjustable suppressor night sights, some non slip tape, streamlight light/laser and a rugged obsidian 45 suppressor.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Had another one that I had converted to 460 Rowland that I gave to my son.

Great guns.

Paul
I keep threatening to put together a 460. A USP would be a great host for it.
I keep threatening to put together a 460. A USP would be a great host for it.

Please don't get me started on that road grin:)
Originally Posted by paul105
Was going to do the LEM trigger. Was notified by HK website they were avail, looked at the the price and remembered frustrated I get working on guns and passed. HK parts are pricey but in this day and age, if you want something, you had better get it now.

I've added a Jarvis threaded barrel, HK adjustable suppressor night sights, some non slip tape, streamlight light/laser and a rugged obsidian 45 suppressor.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Had another one that I had converted to 460 Rowland that I gave to my son.

Great guns.

Paul

Eurooptics sells the components for the LEM right at 85 dollars last I checked. That 460 looks frightening.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The HKs are great guns, and built to take a very high round count. The traditional double action triggers tend not to be the best, but due to the nature of the design, you can have them retrofitted with the LEM triggers, which are substantially better. The match LEM being the best of all.

It similar to having a custom Glock trigger in the HK, with a super light take-up, until you get to the wall, then a very short pull until the trigger breaks. It makes shooting the guns quickly and accurately much easier.

With LEM trigger installed, the gun retains double-action and single action modes?
Originally Posted by Tarkio

With LEM trigger installed, the gun retains double-action and single action modes?

It's not really like anything you've ever used. Go watch a few youtube video's about it. It would take a 1000 words to explain it. Basically it's a pre-cocked SA/DA that doesn't hold the hammer in the fire position and also has second strike capabilities.
Originally Posted by Tarkio

What TC1 said,

It is very hard to explain.

But the hybrid of Match-LEM is without a doubt the best thing going for an HK USP. Turns it into a whole other animal.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just picked up another USP and am going to try the Match LEM trigger recommended by Mackay_Sagebrush. Have you guys found it to be a reasonable DIY job or better left to a gunsmith?

I’m pretty decent at projects like that - any particular tools that help do it correctly?

Thanks!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I just picked up another USP and am going to try the Match LEM trigger recommended by Mackay_Sagebrush. Have you guys found it to be a reasonable DIY job or better left to a gunsmith?

I’m pretty decent at projects like that - any particular tools that help do it correctly?

Thanks!

Mine is DA/SA (P30L) but I have all the parts available for the conversion. I've basically done it once already but didn't have the correct trigger return spring and had to reassemble it back to stock. It's a pain in the butt but it's doable. My best advice is once the slide comes off take a bunch of pictures of it. It'll help when reassembling.
Great, thanks TC1!
I have been looking at these the last month or so. No dealers anywhere near me had one or so I thought , but found one on Tuesday , it came home yesterday. I wanted a gun that would be able to stand up to a steady diet of heavy loads. It is going to the range tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks to those that have spoken about these pistols. grin

You say this like it's a bad thing......................:-)
© 24hourcampfire