Home
Anyone have experience with this trigger in the XDM-ELITE?
No experience with the Powder River kit, but did send my XDM 10mm into Springfield for their factory trigger job. Great results!

~J.O.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#s...bpdqbd?projector=1&messagePartId=0.1
Just curious, jwp - what is it that you don't like about the stock XDME trigger? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine with live ammo yet, but dry firing feels really good. And the measured 4.75 lbs is right where I like to be.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Just curious, jwp - what is it that you don't like about the stock XDME trigger? I haven't had a chance to shoot mine with live ammo yet, but dry firing feels really good. And the measured 4.75 lbs is right where I like to be.

The Powder River Precision Extreme Trigger Kit, shortens the length of pull and brings the trigger pull to about 2.5 pounds which makes it makes it much better for precision shooting
Originally Posted by jwp475

The Powder River Precision Extreme Trigger Kit, shortens the length of pull and brings the trigger pull to about 2.5 pounds which makes it makes it much better for precision shooting

Okay, that makes sense. In my mind, that's putting it more into the range of a hunting piece than self defense. That's your goal?
I do not know if their trigger works on the XDM-Elite, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't. From my completely amateur review, the elite is purely superficial changes, at least in my 9mm example.

I did put one of their triggers in my XDM-10. It works very well, and is a nice trigger, but I've contemplated removing it. I shoot the 9mm more than the 10, and I like having the trigger pull as close to the same as possible.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Okay, that makes sense. In my mind, that's putting it more into the range of a hunting piece than self defense. That's your goal?

I want it to serve for both. IMHO a better trigger for more accurate shooting is a plus in defending my life just as it is in hunting and or target shooting.
© 24hourcampfire