Home
Posted By: smallfry 22 semi auto with supressor - 07/28/23
Gents I need advice on a reliable 22 semiauto with a supressor. Accuracy is important, optics capable. Name good suppressors would help.
S.
Smith Victory, Browning Buckmark, or a, cough, Ruger.....

sico Sparrow, tbac takedown22, dead air mask.....
I've been thinking about getting a FN 502 to go with my 510.

The 502 gets fairly good reviews.
Posted By: JPro Re: 22 semi auto with supressor - 07/28/23
I enjoy my Victory with the Mask. No regrets….
Posted By: goalie Re: 22 semi auto with supressor - 07/28/23
It kills me to admit it, but I like my Taurus TX22 competition more than my Ruger 22/45. Real capacity magazines, optic ready, good trigger.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Hmm victory or buckmark?
I have a buckmark with a votex venom? and tactical innovations suppressor. It's a pretty big package but the gun itself only weighs 34 oz and mine has a really nice trigger out of the box

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

I don't have a victory but the same bbl length as the Buck Mark (5.5") weighs 50 oz according to the S&W website.

My tactical innovations quest SS 22 suppressor weighs 7 oz, is 5" long and 1" in dia (centerfire suppressor will weigh more and be larger in diameter). I wouldn't recommend this can but would go with a more well known maker.

So the Victory would weigh about 57 oz with suppressor.

I had the grandkids out a couple of weeks ago shooting the Buck Mark (over a rest) with Red Dot (Vortex) and suppressor -- they loved it.

Once you get the suppressor, smaller pistols like the Glock 44 or Ruger SR22 make for a much handier package but no provision for optics
Ruger 22/45 Lite also makes light weigh package but, in my opinion, will need some trigger work- mine has a volquartson sear and spacer?
These semi auto handguns will not be "Hollywood" quiet - you need a fixed/closed breach rifle for that.

Paul
Ruger Mark II Govt threaded, Mark IV 22/45 Lite, and SR-22. All very reliable. The Mark pistols are known to be accurate but the SR-22 is the real sleeper in the accuracy department. I run all 3 with a AAC Element 2 and a DA Mask.
I like my SIg more than I liked my Ruger esp.when I got the expanded mag parts
© 24hourcampfire