Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Scored this old S&W 22lr revolver. It's old, has an 1914 patent date on top of barrel and appears to have exquisite adjustable sight. Came with an old McMonties leather holster that's interesting. Haven't shot it yet but I'm excited to get it out and get some grouse and small critters. Action feels way different than my brand new S&W 22lr revolver.
Kinda looks like an old Model 10.
Is it an I-Frame or a K-Frame?
Posted By: SS336 Re: Scored an old 22lr revolver - 09/20/23
Looks like a S&W K-22 Outdoorsman. K-frame, long action. If it is that is definitely a keeper.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Is it an I-Frame or a K-Frame?
K-frame outdoorsman. It's mid serial number before 1940.
1st model Outdoorsman, the precursor to the K-22 Masterpiece. Absolutely magnificent revolver, you're a lucky man. I dare you to find a newly manufactured .22 revolver that's anywhere near as accurate. Outdoorsman's were hand assembled by their most senior techs, and they tend to be perfect.
Very nice. I have a K22 from 1947 that is one of my favorites. I just got some grouse with it Monday!
Feel pretty fortunate. Scored an old pre war k-frame 38spl earlier this year and now this little 22 revolver. The icing on the cake is my nephew gifted me an beautiful old S&W 1917 N frame 45cal. Feeling blessed I suspose.
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Feel pretty fortunate. Scored an old pre war k-frame 38spl earlier this year and now this little 22 revolver. The icing on the cake is my nephew gifted me a beautiful old S&W 1917 N frame 45cal. Feeling blessed I suspose.
That is a great collection if you never add to it, sir!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Congratulations that is really neat old revolver
I took it out today along with an Beretra 21a and Ruger gp100 but Postimage won't load up my pics. Needless to say they double action is all one needs to shoot it with and single action is exceedingly fine and light.
Very nice and a keeper indeed. You can identify 22 K-frame revolvers just by a glance at the left or right side without reading the barrel line by the small pin just beneath the rear sight. That's where the firing pin is located.
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Very nice and a keeper indeed. You can identify 22 K-frame revolvers just by a glance at the left or right side without reading the barrel line by the small pin just beneath the rear sight. That's where the firing pin is located.
Elmer was my uncle
Bad ass
© 24hourcampfire