Home
Posted By: jimmyp Holosun 407K - 12/16/23
Anyone feel that the 6 MOA dot is too big? This is for a hunting pistol, that I will also carry sometimes. If I have a shot more than 50 yards with the pistol that would be an exception. Looking at the holosun 407K green, which I believe has the 6 MOA dot.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/17/23
EPS Carry MRS green. Dot, circle or circledot. I wouldn't want 6 moa on a hunter.....
Posted By: MOGC Re: Holosun 407K - 12/17/23
Especially on a hunting pistol, I would go with the 2 MOA dot.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Holosun 407K - 12/17/23
the circle dot thing is interesting.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Holosun 407K - 12/17/23
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Anyone feel that the 6 MOA dot is too big? This is for a hunting pistol, that I will also carry sometimes. If I have a shot more than 50 yards with the pistol that would be an exception. Looking at the holosun 407K green, which I believe has the 6 MOA dot.

I have the same sight on one of my compact pistols, but with the red dot. Ringing the 8" gong at 50 yds.... piece of cake.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/17/23
30338 and starsky was over today to bang steel. After the rifles were put up we pulled out some pistols. Starsky was hitting the 10" gong at 200 yards pretty consistantly with a lowly glock 34. But he wasn't using a 6 moa dot.... I had multiple hits on a 8"er at 100 with the baby Girsan HP clone. Again, no 6moa dot....
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Holosun 407K - 12/18/23
So how does that relate to the posters question?

I have the EPS 6moa dot on my carry gun which works great for this purpose. For hunting I might choose the 2 moa dot.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/18/23
It relates as it shows a finer dot performs as well as 'the blob', without all the unnecessary lit-up electronic clutter.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Holosun 407K - 12/18/23
Originally Posted by supercrewd
So how does that relate to the posters question?

I have the EPS 6moa dot on my carry gun which works great for this purpose. For hunting I might choose the 2 moa dot.

You just answered that question yourself.

"For hunting I might choose the 2 moa dot."

huntsman22 said they were shooting steel at 100 and 200 yds.
Posted By: AZtwins Re: Holosun 407K - 12/19/23
Kinda depends what you’re hunting. A 3” dot at 50 yards is bigger than I’d want.
Posted By: Hawkeye_Reloader Re: Holosun 407K - 12/23/23
2MOA on a hunting gun
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Holosun 407K - 12/26/23
The 2 MOA dot makes the most sense for a hunting pistol. Thanks everyone
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Holosun 407K - 12/28/23
As far as I can discern Huntsman is bragging about shooting with iron sights, not a dot.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/28/23
nope, dot sight. and no brag....
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Holosun 407K - 12/28/23
As far as I can discern Huntsman is bragging about shooting with iron sights, not a dot.
I wouldn’t place him in the bragger category. Thanks ,Brother Super.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I wouldn’t place him in the bragger category. Thanks ,Brother Super.

No. He's not a bragger.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
Huntsman, do you have any feel for the Holosun MRS reticle? 65 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot? I have a similar set up on an older sig red dot on a carbine, honestly I use the center dot more than any remembrance of using the 65MOA circle. It seems like it might enable a pistol to have both faster close shooting with a 2 MOA dot for distance??
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
I have the holosun EPS Carry MRS green's. They have a 2 moa dot, a 32 moa circle or a 32 moa circle with dot. I tend to use the circle only, on carry guns and the dot for precision/distance, like you said. I do have a couple ADE's with the 65moa circle dots and like that bigger circle more than the 32 with the dot centered. Circle only, I like the 32 betterer....
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
Thank you, I was confused on the circle size. It’s the EPS Carry MRS green then!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
I think you'll like that one. I sure do...
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
I can't recall the exact model numbers. One only offers the 2 MOA dot. The other offers you the option of just a dot, just the circle, or a dot inside the circle. I don't handgun hunt but for punching paper at the range just the dot is fine. For SD I like both the dot and circle. When trying to get on target sometimes the dot doesn't show up. It takes a couple of seconds to find it since I have no idea which direction I need to move the pistol. With the circle at least part of the circle will always be in the sight picture. I may still need to correct slightly, but I can do it much faster.
Posted By: TWR Re: Holosun 407K - 12/30/23
There was one with an 8 moa ⭕️ that gathered a bit of interest in some circles but I think they dropped it.

Me, I have 407c’s and 507c’s and just run the dot only. This is for carry, hunting and USPSA comps.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Holosun 407K - 01/04/24
I have a 507K on my Sig 365XL. The ring thing is a distraction for me. 2 moa dot makes for accurate shooting in my book.

Ron
© 24hourcampfire