Home
Posted By: boatboy Scope base for S&W X frame - 03/12/24
I recently purchased a S&W X frame in 350L
Wanted one for a bit and seen a good opportunity and stepped up.I think it will be very fun
I have some eye issues so have to wait sucks

But my question who has scoped X Frames and what are suggestions for X Frame scope mounts
If I had to jump right now the Weigand mount for X frame looks good

Am I on track?

Hank
Following for a pal who is in the same boat.....he is very impressed with his .350 legend X frame
Posted By: boatboy Re: Scope base for S&W X frame - 03/13/24
I have a couple 460s that sit
460 S&W is violent

The 350 has really perked up here for a deer cartridge and I know it will be a bit of a kicker

I dont expect it to be unmanageable
Hank
Posted By: memtb Re: Scope base for S&W X frame - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by boatboy
I recently purchased a S&W X frame in 350L
Wanted one for a bit and seen a good opportunity and stepped up.I think it will be very fun
I have some eye issues so have to wait sucks

But my question who has scoped X Frames and what are suggestions for X Frame scope mounts
If I had to jump right now the Weigand mount for X frame looks good

Am I on track?

Hank

I’m using the Weigand on my 460 XVR and am very pleased, but am only using it with a Burris Fastfire. With the additional weight of a scope, no clue. However, Weigand has a very good reputation! memtb
Posted By: memtb Re: Scope base for S&W X frame - 03/13/24
Originally Posted by boatboy
I have a couple 460s that sit
460 S&W is violent

The 350 has really perked up here for a deer cartridge and I know it will be a bit of a kicker

I dont expect it to be unmanageable
Hank

You wouldn’t have a 5” that you wish to part with do ya? memtb
I’ve been using a Weigand base on my 500 since I bought it back in 2004, with absolutely no issues with an original first generation Bushnell Holosight. Mount and sight have been flawless through about 1200+ rounds so far.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire