Home
I was doing my weekly perusal of the Performance Center at S&W and found a nice looking serious combat sidearm.
<br>
<br>
<br>S&W Performance Center M681 Quad Port .357 Magnum. Check it out:
<br>
<br>http://smith-wesson.com/sport/m681qp.html
<br>
<br>I wasn't sure how I'd like moon clips for pistol cartridges but they work well on my 8-shooter. I think the 3" would do it for me.
<br>
<br>Norm
<br>
Very nice gun.I have shot one of these from the first run they made in 1996.Very nice gun.Accurate,nice trigger and feels real good in the hand.If the gun was not ported,I would buy one myself.I hate ported guns.This gun without porting in my opinion would be a perfect ccw gun.
45/70,
<br>
<br>I'm neutral on ported guns. What is your objection?
<br>
<br>I'm thinking muzzle flash might be a problem.
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>Norm
I have always wanted a 3 inch barreled 681+
<br>(stainless 7 shot L Frame with fixed integral
<br>sights) but I hate ports...It's like seeing a
<br>real pretty girl and after talking to her you
<br>notice her tattoo...It just ruins it for me..
Logansdad,
<br>
<br>I haven't thought of it that way but the analogy is accurate.
<br>
<br>On the plus side is the fact that it used moon clips
<br>which in my experience are fantastic.
<br>
<br>And as far as function I am neutral on ports. I think a much large caliber than .357 might benefit from ports but I find .357 recoil acceptable with the right grips.
<br>
<br>Norm
I do not like ports due to the increased muzzle flash and noise.Both of these could have deadly results if you ever have to use your gun to protect yourself.Also ports can be a pain to clean too especially after shooting lead bullets.
I've shot ported guns and rarely noticed the flash..but the noise is hideous...I would love to have a 3 inch 681 plus though...
© 24hourcampfire