Home
Posted By: Barkoff Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/06/10
I see they make these for both front and rear pockets, for those of you that carry small revolvers, which do you prefer?

Are most pocket holsters ambi, or do you just turn them over to accommodate the carry position desired?

I'm looking for one for a model 60 .38 snubbie, any suggestions?

Thank you.
The only experience I have is with one from Ace Case. It works well with a Walther TPH. I am not sure what the preferred direction is. I guess you could call it ambi if I ever figured out which side I want it. They are no way as fast as a conventional holster. I have never used one with a revolver. sorry
Originally Posted by awwNaww
The only experience I have is with one from Ace Case. It works well with a Walther TPH. I am not sure what the preferred direction is. I guess you could call it ambi if I ever figured out which side I want it. They are no way as fast as a conventional holster. I have never used one with a revolver. sorry

Thanks for the reply. What I meant by ambi, one holster, either side use, revolver butt facing the right direction.
You might look at the Ace Case site and see if they have one that suits you. I think there is a free shipping deal going right now. They are an honorable company and ship fast.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I see they make these for both front and rear pockets, for those of you that carry small revolvers, which do you prefer?

Are most pocket holsters ambi, or do you just turn them over to accommodate the carry position desired?

Thank you.
This is the biggest revolver I'll carry in a pants pocket holster, but only as a back up. Primary is usually a 1911 .45 ACP in an IWB.

[Linked Image]
The problem I have with most pocket holsters is when you draw your pistol the holster wants to come out of your pocket with it. Getting a holster with some material like rubber or something that sticks the inside of your pocket and helps keep the holster in place when you draw is a must for a self defense IMO.
As I type this I have a Kahr in my RF pocket in a Desantis Nemesis. I'm not certain they have revolver options but I've been pretty happy mine. Not terribly expensive either.
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give this one a try for $23. If it doesn't work out I'll put it on ebay and try something else.

Nemesis
for a two inch barrel revolver, I like leather by Sam Andrews. I have used this pocket holster for better than 10 years now.
Last week, it was with me on the AT for a hike.
[Linked Image]
I carried a S&W 640 in a front pocket for years without using any holster. I had to send the gun to a relative post-Katrina, and now I sometimes carry a 60 Lady Smith in an el cheapo Uncle Mikes pocket holster, and it works fine. It is ambidextrous. The trick with external hammer guns is to put your thumb over the hammer on the draw so it doesn't snag. I wish I had my old 640 back.
the trick is to carry a revolver with a bobbed or covered hammer. laugh
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the trick is to carry a revolver with a bobbed or covered hammer. laugh
Even better, but what he said about the thumb over the hammer during the pocket draw is correct.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I carried a S&W 640 in a front pocket for years without using any holster. I had to send the gun to a relative post-Katrina, and now I am sometimes carry a 60 Lady Smith in an el cheapo Uncle Mikes pocket holster, and it works fine. It is ambidextrous. The trick with external hammer guns is to put your thumb over the hammer on the draw so it doesn't snag. I wish I had my old 640 back.

Depending on the vintage of the Model 60, the factory bobbed DAO hammer can be had for around $50.00. They're relatively easy to install if you are familiar with the inner workings of the revolver.
It's going down the road as soon as I get my old gun back or another one just like it.
Posted By: GSSP Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/07/10
This is a good thread. I hope more suggestions will come forth as my Uncle Mike's I use with my S&W M&P 340 tends to come out of the pocket, still on the gun when drawn.

Alan
I have a few pocket holsters, but Ill have to try and get a pic!
[Linked Image]
and a few more![Linked Image]
I have carried a gun in my front left pocket everyday for the last 12 years or so on duty or off.

I started off carrying a glock 27 in galco pocket holster. I carried this gun for five or six years like this. In reality unless you are wearing uniform pants or 5:11 shorts its really to big to pocket carry.

I then went to carrying a S&W 642. I have carried this gun for six years or so also. I have used galco,kramer and desantis pocket holsters for this gun. My favorite is a the desantis nemisis that cost about $15. I like leather just like everyone else but the nemisis just seems to work better.

Just so everyone knows if you carry a gun in your front pocket everyday it does not take long and looks as though you drug it behind your truck.

Dink
Originally Posted by DINK

Just so everyone knows if you carry a gun in your front pocket everyday it does not take long and looks as though you drug it behind your truck.

Dink

Pant rub, or other objects in your pocket?
I carry my LCP in a Desantis Nemesis. I like it, my only gripe is I wish it were closed at the bottom of the holster.

Mika's pocket holster. Good price and definitely worth the wait. I've got several and highly recommend them. For dress pants, I like the rounded bottom holster in the front pocket. S&W 642 and Ruger LCP can be carried very easily and the holster never comes out - in practice anyway. Square bottom is great for rear pockets or cargo pockets.

Robert's a great guy and provides excellent customer service....and he's an ex-cop....and he sews up the holsters himself. I'm not related to him....just a satisfied customer.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/index.html

Barkoff I think the main reason is you bump it into stuff as you walk by. Think about how many times you walk into things on a daily basis and now your pistol will be bumped off those things.

My glock 27 is still in pretty good condition even though I knocked the rear sight off a couple times. My 642 looks so bad I don't know if someone would pick it up out of a dumpster...grin.

When you carry a gun your pocket the only thing that can be in that pocket is your gun unless your not afraid of a bullet sliding down your leg...

If someone showes you a pistol and they tell you they carry it in there pocket and it lookes like new they would lying to you...

Dink
Barkoff I think the main reason is you bump it into stuff as you walk by. Think about how many times you walk into things on a daily basis and now your pistol will be bumped off those things.

My glock 27 is still in pretty good condition even though I knocked the rear sight off a couple times. My 642 looks so bad I don't know if someone would pick it up out of a dumpster...grin.

When you carry a gun your pocket the only thing that can be in that pocket is your gun unless your not afraid of a bullet sliding down your leg...

If someone showes you a pistol and they tell you they carry it in there pocket and it lookes like new they would lying to you...

Dink
I guess that depends. This gun has been carried in my right front pants pocket for many thousands of days over the years that I've owned it. Does it look so bad?

[Linked Image]
Well Hawkeye does it still look new?......It may not look bad but does it still look new? I think the grips are in awful good shape for a 1000 days of carry.

And being a teacher how did you get a full 1000 days of carry on one pistol?

I would hate to depend my life on that gun even if it is a second or a third carry gun.

Dink
Posted By: T LEE Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/08/10
ANY gun is better than NO gun when ya need a gun.
Posted By: RWE Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/08/10

Lay off the sauce bro.

I got a nylon pocket holster for the "Sunday go to Meeting" NAA Guardian that has a "textured" strip that prevents it from coming out with the gun.

Unfortunately, the holster is too small and settles down into a neat little bulging rectangle. Sometimes looks like a big wallet in my front pocket, depending on the slacks I'm wearing. Not that my wallet is extra thick with cash and condoms, but it is a wee bit bigger than the gun.

Some pockets I use safety pins to take up the bottoms so the pistol carries higher.
RWE never thought that might be problem.......

Dink
Posted By: RWE Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/08/10
It's not a problem. It's a situation only. wink

i carry a bodyguard in a mika pocket holster
I bought a Mika holster for my model 442. It's well made with good padding, but I find it cut too large. It covers nearly all of the grip. I have an Uncle Mike's I paid about $10 that I like better. I carry that little revolver in it all the time and it's just about perfect. It always stays in place when I draw the revolver.
Originally Posted by GSSP
my Uncle Mike's I use with my S&W M&P 340 tends to come out of the pocket, still on the gun when drawn.

Alan

I haven't had that problem, but I wouldn't worry about it if I did. The holster isn't tight enough to impede cylinder movement so I'd just fire it that way.
I have a nylon pocket holster of unkonwn origin for a S&W J frame with no hammer and I've never had a problem with it. Depends on what kind of pocket you stick it in. I only use it in the pocket of shorts when I can't get away with a regular carry.
Hawkeye still waiting on how you carried a gun for 1000's of days being a teacher.

This is a smith 642 that I have carried for five or six years. ALot of the little dings and scratches did not show up. I can not keep the grip screw from rusting and finally said [bleep] it.

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Hawkeye still waiting on how you carried a gun for 1000's of days being a teacher.
Sorry, DINK, I have you on ignore so don't read all your posts. Glad I happened to click on this one.

I've owned that NAA Mini Revolver since about 1988. Lots of opportunities to carry. I carry every day, in fact, just not when I'm at work, which is just four blocks from my home. Summers, constantly.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/10/10
Dink, thats what ya get for having one of them "painted" guns1

This is a 60 no dash I bought new and still carry, most of 30 years now! IWB, no holster.

[Linked Image]

Carry this little stinger right front pocket, mostly jeans, about 8 years now.

[Linked Image]
TLee I have had a couple model 60's and a 37 no dash. I have found day in and day out I can't beat the 642. Just in case one goes down I have two more in the vault.

I work with a couple guys that carry the kel tec everyday and they seem to loose the blueing pretty fast. Yours looks in really good shape.

Dink
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dink, thats what ya get for having one of them "painted" guns1

This is a 60 no dash I bought new and still carry, most of 30 years now! IWB, no holster.

[Linked Image]

I don't know, T. That gun looks way to good to have been carried much. You sure you carry it? wink
Hawkeye don't worry I think TLee carries a gun pretty often. I know your slow sometimes but did you catch the IWB.

You on the other hand I don't believe that you carried that pistol thousands of days. Putting that pistol in pocket and walking around the house does not count for a day of carrying.

I carry two guns everyday for 10 to 16 hours a day. The gun in my front pocket tends to get a little worn.

Dink

Hawkeye don't worry I think TLee carries a gun pretty often. I know your slow sometimes but did you catch the IWB.

You on the other hand I don't believe that you carried that pistol thousands of days. Putting that pistol in pocket and walking around the house does not count for a day of carrying.

I carry two guns everyday for 10 to 16 hours a day. The gun in my front pocket tends to get a little worn.

Dink

That's the magic of stainless steel. Holds up a lot better than coated aluminum. As for me, I've been carrying since 1980. I imagine you were in short pants back then. Let me know if you need any pointers.
Stainless does hold up better than coated aluminum.

The grips though on the little north american arms revolver tells the story. The pocket holster that is laying next to the revolver also appears to be the original that comes with the revolver.

I have owned several pocket holsters from some of the top makers, Kramer, Milt Sparks and Galco. If you in fact carried that gun for thousands of days since 1998 I do not believe that would be using the original holster. It would have worn out.

I know your going to say that you have replaced both the grips and the holster several times due to wear but I still won't buy it because you would have brought it up by now.

Your right I was not very old in 1980. I only started to carry concealled the day I was hired as cop in 1998. I have learned a few things in those short 12 years of carrying two guns everyday and I do mean everyday.

One thing I learned early on even before I got my job (MO was not a ccw state then) was why carry a little heavy single action revolver in 22 wmr that holds five shots with over sized grips when I could carry pistol that I might be able to win a gun fight with. That revolver may make feel safe because of all the middle schoolers that give you that "death glare" you talk about but I doubt you will be able to cock the hammer when chit goes south.

I know your going to cry "I carry 1911". Well I will tell you that I know and have known alot of gunman in my life. Most of them will tell you that they carry a 1911 all the time "hell or high water." To the man when I ask what gun there carrying its either a J frame smith or a Ruger/Kel tec 32/380 none and I mean none carry a 1911 but a few times a year for show mostly.

Let me know if you would like some pointers because its obvious you will not survive with a single action five shot revolver that you can't hang onto much less cock and find the front sight when someone is about to harm you.

Dink
Stainless does hold up better than coated aluminum.

The grips though on the little north american arms revolver tells the story. The pocket holster that is laying next to the revolver also appears to be the original that comes with the revolver.

I have owned several pocket holsters from some of the top makers, Kramer, Milt Sparks and Galco. If you in fact carried that gun for thousands of days since 1998 I do not believe that would be using the original holster. It would have worn out.

I know your going to say that you have replaced both the grips and the holster several times due to wear but I still won't buy it because you would have brought it up by now.

Your right I was not very old in 1980. I only started to carry concealled the day I was hired as cop in 1998. I have learned a few things in those short 12 years of carrying two guns everyday and I do mean everyday.

One thing I learned early on even before I got my job (MO was not a ccw state then) was why carry a little heavy single action revolver in 22 wmr that holds five shots with over sized grips when I could carry pistol that I might be able to win a gun fight with. That revolver may make feel safe because of all the middle schoolers that give you that "death glare" you talk about but I doubt you will be able to cock the hammer when chit goes south.

I know your going to cry "I carry 1911". Well I will tell you that I know and have known alot of gunman in my life. Most of them will tell you that they carry a 1911 all the time "hell or high water." To the man when I ask what gun there carrying its either a J frame smith or a Ruger/Kel tec 32/380 none and I mean none carry a 1911 but a few times a year for show mostly.

Let me know if you would like some pointers because its obvious you will not survive with a single action five shot revolver that you can't hang onto much less cock and find the front sight when someone is about to harm you.

Dink
laugh Dink, your name is almost perfect for you. Just replace the n with a c and it would be just right.

It didn't come with that holster. It came with no holster at all. I did purchase a NAA holster soon after purchasing the revolver, and carried it in that holster until the ATF arbitrarily declared that it was illegal to carry it therein (in which it had already been pocket carried several thousand days). That (or, I should say, once becoming aware of that) was when I transitioned to the holster you see.

That was also the point (as you correctly surmised) when I transitioned to the over-sized grips. In order for the revolver to fit into the original holster, the tiny grips that came on it had to be retained, as the gun was screwed into the holster (from which it was fired). Still have it, although it's covered in mildew from being stored in the shed. I'd be happy to post a picture of it, if you like. Or will you then suggest that I ran out and purchased one (I imagine they can still be found as collectors items), then covered it in artificial mildew just for this exchange with you? laugh

As for the 1911, you've obviously never carried one. At least not in a correct belt/holster combination. They are the perfect IWB CCW due to their slimness. In fact, I've placed both of my lightweight Commanders up for sale since I prefer the full sized, all steel, model for shooting, and find that they are almost as comfortable to carry. I won't say that I always carry the 1911. I'm a gun nut, and like to switch around, but I do carry it for months at a stretch, and those stretches have exceeded a year on a couple of occasions. If it were my only sidearm, I wouldn't feel the least disadvantaged for CCW purposes.

PS The offer's still open for pointers. Don't hesitate, Junior. wink
I like the Nemesis version as well, have used them with several different models.
Hawkeye yet your still full of poop.

Not only have I carried a full size 1911 (springfield stainless loaded) but I have also carried the 4 inch springfield light weight champion.

I have carried them in both galco and kramer OWB holster and Kramer no. 3 and Milt Sparks VM-II. These holsters were used with belts from both Kramer and Milt Sparks. Your probaly right I don't know much about good holsters or belts.

I am telling you right now there is no way to carry those pistols everyday. Since your such a pistol man why on gods green earth would you even own a five shot single action revolver chamber in 22 wmr for protection? You don't need it because you carry that full size 1911 any where you want, right?

You are right about the 1911 being thin. I will even give you some advice its not the barrel on that 5 inch 1911 thats hard to hide it would be the grip.

Since you can't carry at work there is no way for you to get used to having that big pistol on your side all the time. Just not going to happen. To carry a pistol that big it has to be there all the time not just on weekends or summer vaction.

If you were not so stupid you could probaly come to this forum and learn something about carrying a pistol from guys that do it everyday.

If I need any pointers on how to be stupid I will contact you first.

Dink
TLee I have had a couple model 60's and a 37 no dash. I have found day in and day out I can't beat the 642. Just in case one goes down I have two more in the vault.

I work with a couple guys that carry the kel tec everyday and they seem to loose the blueing pretty fast. Yours looks in really good shape.

Dink

Uh, I have recoated the slide twice now with Aluma hyde. The original finish went south in the first 9 mos or so.
I have never heard of Aluma hyde I will have to look that up.

When guys starting showing up at qualification with the little kel-tecs I was sure they were going to be jam-o-matics but its been several years and I have never seen one jam.

Dink
Posted By: T LEE Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/11/10
It is a Brownells product. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1117/Product/ALUMA_HYDE_reg__II
Mine gets the magazine full of ammo fired out of it every 2-3 months and reloaded with fresh. Being retired I only have to qual with it annually, a 48 round course of fire, same with the Model 60 and my other 2 carry guns of choice under HR218.
I have this one on my qual card.

[Linked Image]

And this one.

[Linked Image]

This is my normal load out on a daily basis.

[Linked Image]
T Lee I always wanted to be 1911 man but there is something about them that I just can't rely on one. I have owned three but only shot two them very much. The two I shot alot were both springfield load pistols and both never jammed. I sent them to springfield and they set the triggers at 5 pounds on both. The only other thing I done was use wilson 7 round magazines. I would carry them for awhile but I always go back to the glock for a carry gun.

Hows the colt? I always liked them but would buy one.

Dink
The one in the picture is a hybrid I built on a Colt frame, I carried a 1952 Commander .38 super on duty for a number of years, both have been dead nut reliable from the get go. I also built a competition .45 on a Caspian frame with Colt & G. I. parts that went 380,000 documented rounds (no that is not a typo) without a hiccup & one part failure, a slide stop shaft way up in the round count.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/11/10
Hawkeye yet your still full of poop.

Not only have I carried a full size 1911 (springfield stainless loaded) but I have also carried the 4 inch springfield light weight champion.

I have carried them in both galco and kramer OWB holster and Kramer no. 3 and Milt Sparks VM-II. These holsters were used with belts from both Kramer and Milt Sparks. Your probaly right I don't know much about good holsters or belts.

I am telling you right now there is no way to carry those pistols everyday....

No way for you, maybe. Others (including myself) have done it and are doing it. We don't all have other excess weight to deal with though (and that is not meant as an insult - it could be physical or equipment). If I were a uniformed cop, with all that one must have hanging off the belt, I would likely carry a Glock or something like it. And I would see no logical reason to carry anything different while off-duty. the rest of us though, have more options that make sense.

Oh - and Dink....most of us walk around with a little more finesse than you seem to display, I think. Again - it's probably because we aren't facing the same working conditions. If a had a cop telling me that any gun he carried anywhere doesn't show wear after a while, I'd think he wasn't doing much of a job.

Pocket holsters...I've used several, and haven't seen a nylon one (including the Nemisis) that I was very happy with. What is best will depend on your gun, your body, and your pockets. Clear as mud?

FreeMe I am not saying that someone can't carry a 1911 everday I am sure there are those that do but they are few and far between.

Even the great Jeff Cooper carried a J frame smith alot of the time.

Hawkeye hates policeman and is a a$$ in general. I am not a smart a$$ to everyone but hawkeye brings it out in me.

Dink
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/12/10
I don't think Hawkeye hates all policemen - just most of 'em. laugh

If you understand his politics, it might not bother you so much. For the record, I would like to see your job pretty much go away myself. Don't like what law enforcement has become, just as I don't like what public schools have become. Have had quite a few good friends who are/were in both law enforcement and teaching. Y'all have a very difficult job, which I wouldn't want. If we all took care of our own business as I believe we should, there would be a lot less demand for both professions.

But that's a subject for another thread.
I am carrying a Smith 640 as a back up gun in the cargo pocket of my duty pants. I am using the DeSantis Nemesis that you have picked. It does as claimed and stays in the pocket nicely and provides a smooth draw. It conforms nicely to where and what you are carrying. I don't mind the open toe of the holster because it allows me to keep the holster clean easier. Lint and such doesn't collect inside the holster as easily and can be blown out with the air compressor in a few seconds. Been carrying with this holster since December of 2009 when I took my new position. It took some getting used to having the shifting weight in the cargo pocket but after a couple weeks I got used to it. Before this I carried my back-up in the straps of my vest. I like this better. Ryan
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I don't think Hawkeye hates all policemen - just most of 'em. laugh

If you understand his politics, it might not bother you so much. For the record, I would like to see your job pretty much go away myself. Don't like what law enforcement has become, just as I don't like what public schools have become. Have had quite a few good friends who are/were in both law enforcement and teaching. Y'all have a very difficult job, which I wouldn't want. If we all took care of our own business as I believe we should, there would be a lot less demand for both professions.

But that's a subject for another thread.

FreeMe it does not bother me that hawkeye hates policemen. There are alot things in this world I don't like but I don't spend every waking moment worrying how to post a link to all the things I don't like.

Hawkeye is a blow hard most of time and when things do not go his way he always has a different angle on things. Its kind of like carrying a 3 pound pistol all the time. The guys that do it do it all the time not just after school or on weekends.

Dink
Originally Posted by T LEE

This is my normal load out on a daily basis.

[Linked Image]

Remarkably similar to my own. I have tried a number of pocket gun/holster combinations over the years, and over time I've found that more often than not I'm carrying a S&W 442 (nickel plated, as it happens) in an Uncle Mike's holster in my left front pocket. Sometimes it's a Kahr PM9 in an Uncle Mike's, but one or the other is in my pocket dang near always.
I live in the mountains in northern Colorado NE of Denver. I live right next to the Roosevelt National Forest. In 12 years of living here, I have had black bear problems about every other year. I work from home and change my carry into towns and cities. In winter, in town I always carry 1911 in a Milt Sparks VM II (black shark skin trim too in case I meet a Bond Girl). In summer I carry a Kahr MK40 in a Desantis Nemisis RFP carry. 95% of the time I am working from home aand can open cary. This includes business work or work in the yard like cutting 4-5 cords of firewood each year.

I am looking for something that could be effective against black bears up to 400 lbs, mountain lion and the occasional elk and moose. I have a Fusion Fiearms 6-inch longslide in 10mm. It is too purty to scratch up. I have been watching for a cheap, scratched up SW 57 or 58 in .41 mag or something like 329 or 629 in 44 mag, 4-inch bbl would be great. I already have guns in both so no ammo or reloading issues. The guns are just in bbl lengths too long to carry. I defitenately don't want any kel-tec against a bear. I have the 12 ga with slugs inside the house against things like the two attempted bear break-ins that the dogs were allowed to chase off for training. One bear tried to swat me through a window onto the deck at night. It was only about 100 lbs (like a drunk kid looking for trouble) and the glass did not break, but clunked me in the head pretty good. The other bear was trying to get into the house late at night and hit a window causing the nails into the frame to pull out and the window/frame fell inside getting caught in the blinds. The dogs chased that one away too. Footprints looked huge.

It is in the yard, away from the house that I am concerned. Any experience in this SD area?
A lot of trolls living under this bridge that have more time than sense and more bile than courage. Thanks for ruining a good thread with Dick measuring you two. You know who you are. is that all you really live for is to fight with people from across the globe in an effort to sound like a gun guru or some crazy shi*? As some one who is just getting into firearms, its azzholes like you guys that ruin it for everyone else. yeah you're entitled to your own opinions, but for those that come to a forum like this in search of knowledge, one gets tired scrolling through pages of useless bickering between two old hens. So with all due respect to the parties involved, grow up, act like men, and deal with your [bleep] privately. And thats comin from a 21 year old kid. that being said, this is usually a hospitable place, and I thoroughly enjoy the posts of good people trying to SHARE knowledge, not those who have something to prove.
-yeti
Lighten up. You can get a lot of good advice here. It certainly is worth more than you are paying for it.
I'm still carrying my 3" SP101 with Buffalo Bores. We have had a lot of black bear activity around our cabin the last few weeks, and, more recently, a mountain lion that sat down and watched the people that were looking at it. That is not typical and is very bad ju ju. Bow season starts in 2 weeks and I doubt I will change guns although I may try out a few more loads if time permits.

I had an acquaintance who killed a black bear in self defense while bow hunting last year. He had a Springfield XD in .40 and got off 9 shots before the bear got up to him and took a swipe at his belly, which caused an infection. The Game and Fish people asked him why he didn't empty the magazine, and he said that he would have hit himself had he kept shooting.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/19/10

Thank you.

Not a pocket holster but it's how I used to carry a Model 60:

[Linked Image]

ClipDraw requires no holster, just an untucked shirt.
Originally Posted by confusedyeti
A lot of trolls living under this bridge that have more time than sense and more bile than courage. Thanks for ruining a good thread with Dick measuring you two. You know who you are. is that all you really live for is to fight with people from across the globe in an effort to sound like a gun guru or some crazy shi*? As some one who is just getting into firearms, its azzholes like you guys that ruin it for everyone else. yeah you're entitled to your own opinions, but for those that come to a forum like this in search of knowledge, one gets tired scrolling through pages of useless bickering between two old hens. So with all due respect to the parties involved, grow up, act like men, and deal with your [bleep] privately. And thats comin from a 21 year old kid. that being said, this is usually a hospitable place, and I thoroughly enjoy the posts of good people trying to SHARE knowledge, not those who have something to prove.
-yeti

If you don't like my opinion don't read it. Very simple. Everything I post about is something I have done unless I post that it was something I read. I have spent $1000's of dollars on holsters and guns to come up with my opinion and if you don't like it go and try it for yourself.

I was born into a gun family (my dad was a ffl dealer) and by the time I was 21 I had probaly been through more guns than you will likely own in your life. I have opinions about certain guns and you can take it or leave it. Does not matter to me.

When someone post a gun that looks like new and says that he has carried for 1000's of days it is bullchit. I know what that poster does for living and he can not carry a gun everyday and has never carried a gun in harms way. Now if want to read and believe that bullchit so be it but I am not above calling bullchit.

Dink
Originally Posted by RufusG

Thank you.

[Linked Image]

RufusG how do you like the clip draw? I have seen them for years but never owned one. Do you still have to wear a belt with it?

Dink
When someone post a gun that looks like new and says that he has carried for 1000's of days it is bullchit. I know what that poster does for living and he can not carry a gun everyday and has never carried a gun in harms way. Now if want to read and believe that bullchit so be it but I am not above calling bullchit.

Dink
Are you even slightly aware of the ignoramus you come across as?
I thought you had me on ignore...

Hawkeye you and I both know that you rarely carry a pistol. I think you like pistols and dream of carrying one everyday but you can't/won't. If you don't carry a pistol everyday all the time you will not carry one when your off work or on the weekends because it feels like a lead weight in your pocket or strapped in a holster around your waist. It takes months to get used to carrying a pistol everyday. The thought is there that you will never need it so why carry it. Most people are like you.

I know/known hundreds of cops. They all carry a pistol at least 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. I know about eight or ten, counting myself, that carry a gun all the time. The rest might carry one if they are going to be out late at night once in a while. The rest say they never had to use one working what are the chances of needing one off duty?

No matter how much you like pistols there is no way you carry one all the time....

Dink
You're awfully good at telling people how they live there lives. Yeah, you may be a friggen guns and ammo encyclopaedia, but you're still an azzhole. Have fun living in your own righteous glory dude. I could smear you through the dirt right now, but that would be getting down on your level, and I already passed fifth grade.
-yeti
Posted By: RufusG Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/19/10

RufusG how do you like the clip draw? I have seen them for years but never owned one. Do you still have to wear a belt with it?

If think a ClipDraw is the absolute best way to carry a small or medium revolver. (TLee's HipGrip is a similar solution).

If the gun is light enough or your pants sturdy enough you might get by w/o a belt. You'd have to try it to be sure.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Lowdown on pocket holsters. - 08/19/10
Originally Posted by RufusG

Thank you.

[Linked Image]

Clip Draw is a good choice and I am still using a Barami "Hip Grip" on my 60.

To answer Barkoff, I prefer the front pocket for the reason it is "get at-able" while seated, not so much if you are sitting on it.
S&W 642 in a Mika pocket holster or Seecamp LWS32 in several different holsters depending on clothing choice...mostly the Mika when doing pocket carry though...
Bill
Originally Posted by confusedyeti
You're awfully good at telling people how they live there lives. Yeah, you may be a friggen guns and ammo encyclopaedia, but you're still an azzhole. Have fun living in your own righteous glory dude. I could smear you through the dirt right now, but that would be getting down on your level, and I already passed fifth grade.
-yeti

I have read your other seven post so I know your not a gun a person and probaly have no idea about carrying a gun. You can call me a azzhole all you want and it will not bother me one bit. I am pretty sure by reading your post that you do not own a pocket pistol but I could be wrong.

I don't know why you felt the need to run your mouth in this thread but its ok when you can't speak your mind in real life you can on the internet.

I am also pretty sure the only thing you can smear is ketchup and mustard on my hamburger while I am in drive though. Don't forget to change from breakfast to lunch at 10:30 sharp.....

Dink
Why do cops think they're better than everyone else? The people of power are usually the lowest under the radar. Do they issue you the saddle for your high horse or did you have to buy it? You assume because I'm young i'm stupid and worthless. I have three jobs and I'm going to school full time with a b+ average(for the most part). And all my guns were bought with paperwork and a background check, allot kids out there can't say that. For the sake of the thread this is my last post. We need to get back to pocket holsters. Thanks for your service as a cop officer dink. Difference of opinion, but I'm not doing anything wrong, and I earn my bread for a living, so get off my back. Cops wonder why fast food employees do crazy [bleep] to they're food ( tip, that's the only way out (( gettin tax money back))).
Oh, and I got a smith and wesson 640, why else would I be looking at the thread?
-YETI
confusedyeti did you not notice that you started this? I never said a damn thing to you until you decided to run your mouth.

Dink
© 24hourcampfire