Home
Near term, what are you out there looking for?

For me, the search is on for:

A Colt Lightweight Commander, series 70 or earlier, all original in 45 ACP.

Two Smith and Wesson Model 29's, S-prefix serial numbers in 6.5" and 4" configuration.

A Smith and Wessson Model 27, S-prefix serial number with the 3.5" barrel.

A 2.5" Colt Python, blue.

And, last but certainly not least, a Freedom Arms 454 Casull, 7.5" barrel, premier grade.

I could have any of the above tomorrow, if I had the money and were willing to pay internet prices. But I don't have the money, and part of the fun for me is the search. So I'll save, and I'll keep looking. But that's my list and I'm stickin' to it grin
That's an expensive list!! But everyone you have listed is the "cat's meow" when it comes to handguns. Good luck in your search!
Yup, if I can find and afford 2-3 off that list in the next calendar year I'll be doing alright. Setting the bar high keeps things interesting grin
I don't really have any I'm looking for currently. Wouldn't mind having a Ruger Mark II Government. A Kel Tec double stack 9, whatever they're called, would be okay. Lots of handguns I'd probably get to play with if I was suddenly inundated with lots of cash.
The Mark II's are great guns. I see them used under $250 just about everywhere, and they're the best deal running on a semi-auto in that price range. I've had one of the slim barreled target models for about eight years now, its a good shooter.
There's only one handgun left on my "Wish" list....a Freedom Arms model 83 Premier .454 Casull with a 4 3/4" barrel. Ivory Micarta grips and an additional cylinder in .45 Colt.......oh, adjustable sights too.

Of course can't afford it, but I can dream.
Originally Posted by frogman43
There's only one handgun left on my "Wish" list....a Freedom Arms model 83 Premier .454 Casull with a 4 3/4" barrel. Ivory Micarta grips and an additional cylinder in .45 Colt.......oh, adjustable sights too.

Of course can't afford it, but I can dream.

...a friend of mine has your "wish" gun... It was on GunBroker a few years ago at a pawn shop in Dallas. Ended up getting LNIB for $1200.00....when the gun came my friend went to put a round of .454 in and found the cylinder was a .45 Colt. Called FAs to be told they never have shipped a 83 with just a .45 Colt cylinder... A call to the pawn shop and they found the cylinder that they didn't even know they had... Dual cylinder Premiere for $1200.00....could not wish for better...so keep looking...they are out there....

My "wish list guns"...

FA 83 in .475/.480, 4 5/8" with black Micarta grips and Mag-Na-Port

S&W 357 Nightguard .41 Magnum

S&W Model 57 4" blue made in 1964 first year of production to go with my 6" .41 Magnum

Bob
..this your gun???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196911330
I would like to own a Freedom Arms M97, 4 1/4" barrel chambered in .41 MAG and a mint 1950's era Colt Commercial 1911A1 in .45acp.
Cold Python with 2.5" barrel, and a Colt Woodsman Match Target 4" barrel.

These are on my "someday" list.

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by Odessa
I would like to own a Freedom Arms M97, 4 1/4" barrel chambered in .41 MAG and a mint 1950's era Colt Commercial 1911A1 in .45acp.

FA 97 .41....4.25"....like this one...was one of my dream guns too...this one came true...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bob
My tastes are simple enough.

Lately, I've been thinking about getting a truck gun. A lightweight carbine was my first thought, but lately I've been leaning towards a heavy, long barreled .357 revolver.

Maybe a 6" model 28.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My tastes are simple enough.

Lately, I've been thinking about getting a truck gun. A lightweight carbine was my first thought, but lately I've been leaning towards a heavy, long barreled .357 revolver.

Maybe a 6" model 28.
It used to be that the model 27 was danged cheap in the 8 3/8" model. I owned the same one twice. It was a pristine pistola. Didn't have much use for it though.
No longer have a wish list, I have or have had everything that interests me.
If US Firearms ever comes out with the mythical Match Target Woodsman announced at last years SHOT show, I want a fully engraved version.
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
If US Firearms ever comes out with the mythical Match Target Woodsman announced at last years SHOT show, I want a fully engraved version.

That sounds like a beauty , Windage.
I was thinking along the same lines..
Hi Standard Custom 10X

http://www.highstandard.com/

Or maybe a custom worked S & W Mod 41

Or even an Olympic Hammereli
I don't have anything on my wishlist quite as extravagant as the Freedom Arms offerings.

I handled a few of the Ruger SR series (9, 9C, 40) pistols the other day and was really impressed with how they felt. While it doesn't exist yet, I have to say that I would like one of the SR's in a 45. Someone here mentioned the P345 but in my eyes, its not even close to the same in feel or features.

I would love to get a hold of a series 70 colt or maybe a New Agent.

Aside from those, everything else on my wishlist are long guns.
A no dash S&W 640 with a "CEN" serial number to replace the one I gave to a relative after Katrina. Maybe a model63 as well.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
A no dash S&W 640 with a "CEN" serial number to replace the one I gave to a relative after Katrina. Maybe a model63 as well.

Cheyenne...is that a .357 Magnum with no lock??? If it is I just saw on at the Allenstown, Pa. gun show for $400.00...was in excellent condition... I took the dealers card and will try and find it...
Bob
Always wanted a scoped T/C Contender in a centerfire 22 like a 22K hornet..221 Rem [Fireball] or probably a better choice 223 for coyote hunting.
S&W Md 21 44 spl case-hardened and a blued 6" Colt Python. I also have a 2" S&W Md19 that I would like to have engraved someday.
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Cheyenne...is that a .357 Magnum with no lock??? If it is I just saw on at the Allenstown, Pa. gun show for $400.00...was in excellent condition... I took the dealers card and will try and find it...
Bob

Thanks for thinking of me, but that is a later version. I am talking about the initial run of .38 with "tested for +P+" stamped inside the frame. There is one on Gunbroker right now but it is a bit pricier.
ok..I know the one...

Check the "Uses Guns" area of www.kitterytradingpost.com They have had them in the past...

Bob
Yep Bob, JUST like that one!!

I want one of these, the two tone in 500 Linebaugh

http://reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/mastodon.htm

now were to find the money, I have an old 44 redhawk
I can send them :-)I'd use their caliber but I have
enough cal's to reload for as is :-)

Talon
It's close to my wish gun! I don't care for the fluted cylinders.........

And the price on that one is WAY out of my league! grin

But otherwise, yea, that's it! I don't like shooting full power .454 loads so the .45 Colt cylinder would see most of the hunting use...but when in the company of big, brown, furry critters having hte .454 cylinder loaded and in place would feel a little more comforting! wink
My wish list is that I wish I could still list these as belonging to me:

- Two S&W Model 17's (SS which stands for stupidly sold)
- S&W Model 41 SS
- S&W Model 15 SS
- Colt "Government Model" (aka standard military 1911A1 but with nice bluing - got stolen)
- Colt Series 70 .45 ACP SS
- Colt Woodsman SS
- Browning Challenger with gorgeous wood SS (paid $75 for it brand new in 1968 cry )
- 3 screw Ruger SBH (also not SS but stolen in same burglary as the Gov't Model)
- 1913 Erfurt Luger (stolen - same burglary)

Of those I never had but want:
S&W Model 34 - had two 63's but the 34's have better sights.

Of those I wished for, acquired and did not stupidly sell, i.e. still have:
S&W Model 18
S&W Model 586 6" (bought in 1981 and still going strong)

Actually, I don't wish for much anymore. The 34 would be nice but the 18 does all I want in a .22 revolver. Got a .22 Ruger Mk II bull barrel, a couple of Blackhawk .44 Specials, a .45 Bisley, a 6" GP-100, the 586 and one or three others so am pretty well set for handguns...

... at least for today. grin
Originally Posted by Odessa
Yep Bob, JUST like that one!!

That is the second one of those that I have seen this year. The other one was exactly like it but had regular sights and a trigger stop screw. The original owner paid $2200 in October 2008 and put it up for sale in December 2009. I bid $1750 for it on GunBroker and it ended up going for $1950.00...NIB..the guy never fired it.

The gun I bought was ordered from the same gun store as the above gun but a year before by a guy in western Pennslyvania. He was using it as his hunting backup gun and had about 250 rounds through it... I saw it on GunBroker (I need to stay away from that site) for $1800...I was the only bidder....but unlike the above gun, the guy threw in over $500 worth of holster, bullets, brass, scope base...and the gun was mint with the box....

It was his only handgun...and he decided to replace it with...a Glock 20...so he threw in all the .41 reloading supplies he bought and never used.

Keep looking...the bargains are out there...dreams do come true..

Bob

colt 100 yr commerative and ruger bisly 38-40 dustin linebaugh is building for me

A Sig 210.
A Belgium made Browning Hi-Power.
A couple that come to mind are the S&W Mod 638 AirWeight and the new KelTec PMR-30 .22mag.

A custom SS Ruger Security Six or GP100 with Birdshead grips would be nice.
Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob in .45
Kimber Stainless Target in 10mm
Colt Lightweight Commander (stainless).45
Kahr PM9
S&W model 65 .357 3"
Ruger Redhawk Hunter in 44Mag
Sig X5 9mm
Colt Combat Commander from the 70s in .38 Super, with the satin nickel (electrolysis?) finish, to match the ones I have in .45 and 9mm.
I have a bunch and want a few more
But my perfect 6 inch Python with box and papers will be the crem de la crem
EAA Witness Elite Match 10 mm

[Linked Image]

The 3 on my list are a Glock 21, a Glock 30 and a 1911. I will probably wait until next year for the 1911 to see what kind of anniversary models Colt comes out with.
Colt first generation SAA in 38-40 with a 7 1/2 inch barrel
Have a 4" stainless Python I may have to sacrifice to get that FA 83....... frown
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
EAA Witness Elite Match 10 mm

[Linked Image]

That's a good one!
I am in love with my 10mm.
I wish every maker would chamber it in every model!

would love a Desert Eagle 44 mag.
STI perfect 10
Hamilton Bowen Nimrod in 500 linebaugh
S&W Model 29 8 3/8 barrel
A Beretta M9 built for bullseye from David Sams.
Another 1911 built by Jack Maple.
M52 Smith and Wesson.
M41 Smith and wesson.
XD 45 compac tactical
S&W Model 686 CS-1 3" barrel.
I would love to get my hands on a .44 Automag!!!!
Colt first gen pre-war any caliber.
My wish list is for a very gaudy looking nickel plated Colt 1903 .32 ACP in excellent condition. Been wanting one of these for a long time. For what? I dunno. Also a S & W Titanium .44 Mag. snubbie (or a Taurus). The purpose of this is to blow of my earmuffs and fracture my wrist. But I want it anyway.
I've one eye out for a few:
Freedom Arms M83 PG - 4.75", 475 Limbaugh
Freedom Arms M83 PG - 4.75", 50AE
Freedom Arms M83 PG - 4.75", 44 Rem
Freedom Arms M83 PG - 4.75", 41 Rem
Smith and Wesson M63 - 3", 22lr

No buying for self until after Christmas...
Just remembered one that I'd left off: Smith and Wesson, Model 27, 3.5" grin
Originally Posted by frogman43
There's only one handgun left on my "Wish" list....a Freedom Arms model 83 Premier .454 Casull

Yep here too...add to that a S&W Model 41 in the 5 inch version. Had both but sold them years ago when wife became ill
Yep, a Freedom Arms model; 83 Premier Grade in .454 with a spare .45 Colt cylinder is a very versatile....make it a 4 3/4" barrel of course for ease of carry... grin
The only one on my "must have" list is a Browning HP Practical in 40SW. I traded away its twin in 9mm. I don't regret that, but I do need to replace it.

A like to have is a Colt Gold Cup.

RH
A blued 4" no dash S&W Mod 27.
I'm always looking for Colt "New Service" .44 WCF in decent condition that I can afford. The last phrase is the key one; I've found several, but they were at "collector prices" 'way out of my reach. I have my grandfather's "Old Model" NS .44 and don't shoot it any more, but would like to find a decent one to shoot.

You used to be able to find a frame off an abused one and fit it with factory parts in just about any caliber, but those days are long gone. Fortunately I made up a 7 1/2" in ".44 Smith and Wesson Russian and Special" before all the parts disappeared. (Found the cylinder on a client's desk--he was using it as a pencil holder! Talk about dumb, and dumb luck on my part!)
A 414. Supermag 5 shot stainless New Vaquro sized Bisley
My wish list:
1. Colt Series 70 Government Model in 45 ACP
2. Colt Avaconda w/6" barrel in 44 magnum
3. Colt New Service w/ 5.5" barrel in 45 Colt
4. Colt M1917
I do love the ponies.
Nothing too extravagant:

1. My first ever 1911 - something nice, but not too high end (any suggestions?)

2. A pair of stainless mid length barreled Ruger New Vaqueros in .357
Only one! The BFR .500 JRH when it comes out as a factory option in January. Never seen a revolver so accurate. I made a mold for Whitworth's custom shop and working loads I shot this at 50 yards.
[Linked Image]
Then we sighted it in and I told him to shoot the beer can at 100 yards and it didn't move so I took a shot and it fell.
Here is the in hole.
[Linked Image]
And then the out holes. two shots, two shooters.
[Linked Image]
I just bought 1 off my wish list. Beretta M9.

I would like a Wilson Combat custom and a Anaconda someday too.

Also, I can't remember the model but there is a top break (schofield style??) .22 at my gunsmith that isn't a dream gun but looks like fun but I keep forgetting to bring cash when I am there. For the life of me I can't remember who made it...
Honestly?

Only three:

Ruger Blackhawk 5.5" or 6.5" .357 Magnum. Seriously. It's about as utilitarian, do-everything, practical, find-ammo-anywhere, eat-anything-close-that-you-feed-it revolver made. Perfect compliment to a Marlin 1894C .357, and it can withstand any loads cooked for the Marlin.

The other: M1917 Colt, 1st generation with the straight-walled cylinder chambers so it'll take the .45ACPs in moons, .45AutoRims, or .45S&W, .45Schofield, or .45LCs with equal aplomb.

Another FEG Hi-Power with the "good" (extended) safety and slide release, that I'll outfit with night sights, a set of noncheckered, beadblasted micarta scales, likely cerakote the whole thing, and call it good.

Well, and MAYBE a S&W 41....
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
I just bought 1 off my wish list. Beretta M9.

I would like a Wilson Combat custom and a Anaconda someday too.

Also, I can't remember the model but there is a top break (schofield style??) .22 at my gunsmith that isn't a dream gun but looks like fun but I keep forgetting to bring cash when I am there. For the life of me I can't remember who made it...

H&R. Betcha. 20 pound DA trigger, too. SA trigger is about 7 pounds, and creepy, unless your 'smith did GOOD work to it.
I suppose I would not turn down the opportunity to purchase a Ruger in the .480 caliber but I'll just lay back and wait for something to happen in the near future.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

H&R. Betcha. 20 pound DA trigger, too. SA trigger is about 7 pounds, and creepy, unless your 'smith did GOOD work to it.

Hmm, its pretty cheap ($250 IIRC) but a 20lb trigger doesn't sound like fun. grin

TTB;

You should be able to get it for about 1/2 that, if it's an H&R.
© 24hourcampfire