Home
Posted By: Landrum A neat find. - 10/14/11
A few minutes ago I asked my wife to help me look for the latest Hodgdon Manual. Somehow the darned thing has gotten lost and I need some load info. Anyway, she came back in the room with a couple of magazines in hand and one of them was the 1986 G&A HANDGUN ANNUAL.

I remembered the magazine but hadn't seen it in years. I thumbed through to the table of contents and here are a few of the articles that I will re-read this evening:

The ".45 MAGNUMS" by Ross Seyfried

Handguns And Cartridges For Big Game by Bob Milek

Handgun Loads For Scaly Serpents by John Wooters

Get The Most From Your Magnum by Mike Venturino

Other Sixguns Of The Old West by Lee Silva

Handguns For Mulies By Bob Milek

Shooting Positions By Jeff Cooper

All in all there are 28 articles.

Also of note there is an article titled What's New In Handguns by Jan Libourel. Anyone care to guess what was new and interesting back in 1986? I am sure I bought this towards the end of 1985 so there may be some overlap...you know how those things go.

Landrum
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: A neat find. - 10/15/11
I loved Bob Milek, I read everything he wrote on handguns.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: A neat find. - 10/15/11
Originally Posted by Landrum
Anyone care to guess what was new and interesting back in 1986?

Bren 10?
Posted By: Landrum Re: A neat find. - 10/15/11
Didn't the character Sonny Crockett of Miami Vice carry a Bren 10? I think that show started in 1984 but I could be mistaken.

Landrum
Posted By: LouisB Re: A neat find. - 10/15/11
I would love to see a Milek compilation published.

Won't happen, but would be great.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: A neat find. - 10/15/11
Yep Landrum, I think you are right and I missed it by a couple of years. 10mm was the biggest handgun news from the mid-80's that I could think of off the top of my head and I think the Deltas came out a little later.

Main thing I remember about '86 was the price of oil had tanked and I had a devil of a time finding a new job.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: A neat find. - 10/15/11
Originally Posted by Landrum

Also of note there is an article titled What's New In Handguns by Jan Libourel. Anyone care to guess what was new and interesting back in 1986? I am sure I bought this towards the end of 1985 so there may be some overlap...you know how those things go.

Glock comes to America (specifically Georgia)?
© 24hourcampfire