Home
Posted By: bassetman New to Madison WI - 06/28/12
I just moved to Madison WI and I was wondering if any of you know of a decent place to do an FFL transfer? Is there any Cowboy Action shoots nearby?

thanks,

BM
Posted By: johnw Re: New to Madison WI - 06/29/12
the best sporting goods and gun shop in madison aint in madison...

it's Wilderness Fish and Game over in sauk city, in the ace hardware complex...
Posted By: johnw Re: New to Madison WI - 06/29/12
and it's a short drive, but dead easy to find...
you'll like the place...
Posted By: Milwroad Re: New to Madison WI - 06/30/12
Gerry Wakkinen in Waunakee does transfer as well, and is great. I believe Winnequah Gun Club in Lodi has Cowboy action shoots.
Posted By: Redneck Re: New to Madison WI - 07/02/12
Originally Posted by bassetman
I just moved to Madison WI .............

You poor bastid.. You have my prayers and best wishes..
Posted By: DocRocket Re: New to Madison WI - 07/02/12
Don't know about FFL's in Madison, but there's good gunshops/FFL's all around Madison... Waunakee, Janesville, Columbus, Oconomowoc.

You have at least 3 good cowboy action clubs within an hour of you: Lodi, Oconomowoc, and Ripon. I've shot at 'em all. Check out the SASS website for contact info and schedules.

Madison is a pretty town, but it's liberal as hell. The entitlement attitude and rampant political correctness will make a moderate nuts, never mind a true conservative. Used to be you couldn't even buy hollowpoint pistol ammo in Madison, and I don't know if that's changed. Night life and general entertainment is nonexistent unless you're a college student, in which case you'll have a blast in the student-dominated pubs all over town. Drinking cheap beer to excess and public vomiting are encouraged in these establishments, as in all college towns. There's actually some pretty good fishing in the lakes in town, BTW.
Posted By: bassetman Re: New to Madison WI - 07/02/12
LOL Well' I'm an ultra conservative and I am having difficulty adjusting....Statements from Redneck and Doc are very true.
Posted By: Bay_Dog Re: New to Madison WI - 07/03/12
Wilderness Fish & Game in Sauk City is the place to go. Sauk City has a pretty nice trap and skeet range out on the west side of town on Hwy. 12.
Posted By: Claybirds Re: New to Madison WI - 07/03/12
If your going to go to Sauk and visit Wilderness Fish and Game , you might want to hit up the Sauk Prairie gun club , and then stop at Recobs target shop to reload on supplies.
Posted By: Redneck Re: New to Madison WI - 07/03/12
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Madison is a pretty town, but it's liberal as hell.
I'd say!! Berkeley, CA is a bible-thumping town by comparison...
Posted By: johnw Re: New to Madison WI - 07/06/12
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Night life and general entertainment is nonexistent unless you're a college student, in which case you'll have a blast in the student-dominated pubs all over town.

i do like brocach... the original one on the capitol square, or circle, or whatever... great meals, good beers and occasionally someone singing well...
otherwise the night life there consists of watching people walk or bike through the neighborhoods...
Posted By: johnw Re: New to Madison WI - 07/06/12
and smoky's club is cool, too...
Posted By: DCPlumber Re: New to Madison WI - 07/06/12
Ya.............um............I don't think Madison and sporting guns go together, no matter how you slice it.

Be careful who you tell you have guns. It has got be the most liberal city in the midwest. If you hang out on State Street, play your guitar for tips, don't shower or shave, (men and women), have a pet snake and wear sandels year round, you'll fit right in.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: New to Madison WI - 07/07/12
Originally Posted by bassetman
I just moved to Madison WI...

Why on earth did you do that?
Posted By: LEADMINER Re: New to Madison WI - 07/07/12
sent you a pm...I work in Middleton but head SW about 70 miles when workday is done. Actually Conservatives did pretty well last month and we need more like you come November. Great fishing in area lakes...dodge the bicycle riders...listen to Vicki MeKenna in the afternoon... Hang in there! Bruce
© 24hourcampfire