Home
Posted By: vbshootinrange Night sight for SR 22? - 09/16/12
Anybody know if anyone is making a tridium )SP?) night sight that will fit the front dovetail on the new Ruger SR 22?

Am thinking that replacing just the front dot sight with a night sight would be really great.

Sure would be handy for shooting "varmits" in the yard at night. (racoons in my bird feeders)

Thanks! Virgil B.
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Night sight for SR 22? - 09/16/12
Have you considered a laser/light that would attach to the pistol's accessory rail? Might cost about the same and you can also use the laser/light on other guns.
Thanks for the thought, but prefer the night sight.

Have night sights on my Kahr P9, and want a similar sight on my practice gun.

Virgil B.
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Night sight for SR 22? - 09/16/12
That makes sense, but I wouldn't sink the money into a $300 gun.

I have an SR 22 and I like it as a fun, inexpensive plinker that doesn't jam. I don't consider it to be very accurate, and the trigger is awful.
Posted By: deflave Re: Night sight for SR 22? - 09/16/12
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Anybody know if anyone is making a tridium )SP?) night sight that will fit the front dovetail on the new Ruger SR 22?

Am thinking that replacing just the front dot sight with a night sight would be really great.

Sure would be handy for shooting "varmits" in the yard at night. (racoons in my bird feeders)

Thanks! Virgil B.

I don't think they make one for that particular model, but a smith should be able to put any tritium dovetail in there with minor milling being done to the existing dovetail on your slide.

If it already shoots POA, he'll just need to measure your front height and order accordingly.

I just had a tritium put on using the same method, and the labor cost about $55.00.

Travis
Thanks Travis!

Now, I just need to find a local 'smith to do the work!

With "only" $300. in this pistol, spending another $100. for a "night sight" sounds OK to me!

Virgil B.
© 24hourcampfire