Home
Looks like NY is gonna pass a 7 round mag capacity law mad
What pistol would you carry if you could only hold 7 in a magazine...not talking revolvers here just semi's
Was thinking .45acp 1911 or may be M&P Sheild in .40S&W
Shield in .40 likely.

I don't agree with the law, but a seven round limit wouldn't worry me. I can reload faaaaasssst.
1911 in Lightweight Commander format. Better yet - MOVE!
Glad I'm in TX! But in answer to the question, I usually carry a 1911 Commander, probably 80% of the time. New mags are 8 round, but I've still got my old 1911 mags that only hold 7 rounds. One less round with a 45acp, I could do that...

Also carry my Springfield XDS quite a bit. Mag holds just 5 rounds. Still feel safe with only 6 total rounds. Again, it's a 45 acp.

Gov. Perry will leave the "Union" states before he lets that crap happen here in TX! THE Republic Of Texas.... Since 1836
Texas is at the top of my move to list has been for a while
My Kimber RCP II
I would carry the same Kimber TLE II I carry now. I would only have to change to seven round magazines.

Although, I could just move to the U.S.A.

-Z
We'd love to have ya Dan. The only bad thing about it Texas is all the crazies who won't stop talking about secession.
anythng that begins with a 4.....and you will love the southern gun laws if you make the move...trust me
colt lw commander
Glock 36 might not be a bad choice.
XDs with the 7 round mags. Great gun!!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Glad I'm in TX! But in answer to the question, I usually carry a 1911 Commander, probably 80% of the time. New mags are 8 round, but I've still got my old 1911 mags that only hold 7 rounds. One less round with a 45acp, I could do that...

Also carry my Springfield XDS quite a bit. Mag holds just 5 rounds. Still feel safe with only 6 total rounds. Again, it's a 45 acp.

Gov. Perry will leave the "Union" states before he lets that crap happen here in TX! THE Republic Of Texas.... Since 1836

last night i had quite a bit of fun sending out links to people from you tube. One was the dequello, or slit throat song, the other was a clip showing travis drawing a line in the sand. I thought both were pertinent.
Normally I carry a Glock 17, fully loaded.

If I was limited to 7 round magazines, I'd carry two Kahr P9, or CW9s
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Normally I carry a Glock 17, fully loaded.

If I was limited to 7 round magazines, I'd carry two Kahr P9, or CW9s

Improvise, adapt, overcome!
1911, .45acp. The size depends on how you intend to carry; open, social concealment, deep concealment, hidden. My personal choice would be a Commander-sized 1911; nothing tricky, pretty much an out of the box gun with Novak sights and Crimson Trace grips.
You bet.

Carrying two weapons has other advantages as well. If one has a stoppage, grab the second pistol and carry on. Or you could arm a second person like spouse, or...

As a matter of fact, I think a "New York reload" refers to grabbing your second handgun. Kind of ironic.
Originally Posted by WoodsStalker
XDs with the 7 round mags. Great gun!!

Just ordered two of the Factory 7 round mags for my XDS 45acp from Cheaper Than Dirt.
They were the same price as Springfields on-line store.

$40 bucks per mag!!! OUCH ! BTW, it's a 4 to 6 week wait on getting the mags Springfield!
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
What pistol would you carry if you could only hold 7 in a magazine...not talking revolvers here just semi's
M&P Shield would be a good choice.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
You bet.

Carrying two weapons has other advantages as well. If one has a stoppage, grab the second pistol and carry on. Or you could arm a second person like spouse, or...

As a matter of fact, I think a "New York reload" refers to grabbing your second handgun. Kind of ironic.

Yeah, I'm thinking that will take on new and refreshed meaning here pretty soon.
It's hard to argue against the 1911 platform in .45acp, but if you want "high tech" the Springfield XD-S looks very good. Or you could buy a S&W 7 shot "L" frame or 8 shot "N" frame in .357mag and not have to worry about magazines at all.

Funny thing, that proposed NY law that'll limit mag capacity to seven rounds. I guess politicians ain't yet got it figured out that all bullets go into magazines in pairs. Bullets never go in mags singly. Hence 2x7=14, but this doesn't take in to account those mags that only accept bullets in triplet.
Just ordered two of the Factory 7 round mags for my XDS 45acp from Cheaper Than Dirt.
They were the same price as Springfields on-line store.

$40 bucks per mag!!! OUCH ! BTW, it's a 4 to 6 week wait on getting the mags Springfield!

I ordered two of the 7 round clips also. Too bad that the XDS comes with two 5 round clips instead of one 5 and one 7. In the case it looks like the cutouts for the clips were made for those two sizes, maybe later down the road that's what they plan on doing..
Guessing this will now be common in NY
[Linked Image]
The same one I carried today. A PF-9.

My preferred carry is a G-19 but I had to make a trip to see the medical profession this afternoon.

I have been looking for a deal on a couple of LW Commanders with Night Sights for a long time.

I could really go for a single stack G-19 size .40 S&W though.
You look well armed but that looks uncomfortable. Don't they bite into your back?....or in case you've got your jeans on backwards... your belly? grin
What happens to all the mags that hold more than 7? Is there a grandfather clause or do they have to get turned in or sent out of state? And are you talking NYC or the state of NY? And how do they intend to police this?
Originally Posted by tominboise
What happens to all the mags that hold more than 7? Is there a grandfather clause or do they have to get turned in or sent out of state? And are you talking NYC or the state of NY? And how do they intend to police this?
Most will just keep them and ignore the law. This type of law usually gets about 5% compliance.
All of NY
Supposedly you have 1 year to sell them to someone out of state
If caught after a year its a misdemeanor
All of NY
Supposedly you have 1 year to sell them to someone out of state
If caught after a year its a misdemeanor
I doubt many will comply.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Glock 36 might not be a bad choice.

I agree. Maybe a Glock 27 with just 7 in the mag and 1 in the tube. Maybe a 1911 format like the smaller Kimbers in 45ACP. All good choices.
No votes for a 7 shot 357 mag? I guess I will be different.
I was going to suggest a Luger or P-38 in keeping with the Nazification of NY but those hold 8. Scheiss!
I use my Glock 36.
Kahr CW9 for my lightweight/summer carry.
1911 Commander for every other day.
My Glock 36 .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sig P239 in 40 or a Walther PPS.
Well it passed NY is now a Nazi state!
Tell your Tory Governor "GFY!" Turned out good up yonder bout 1776...
kahr cw9 9mm or a sig 239 357 sig or 40. george my deepest regrets. missouri could use you
The last four handguns I bought used 7-round mags (or 8 round).

1911 (2)
PF9
Kahr K9

Wouldn't surprise me if some makers provide some "NY" mags for existing guns. What would keep Ruger from making a 7-round MKIII mag? Probably a lot of potential sales there.

Stupid politicians....
got it on me now!
A Diamondback DB9

If you need more then one, you need more range time!
Wow, what a state you live in. Willing to trample over the top of law abiding citizens and using the tragedy to forward a political agenda. Can't buy a large soda and can't own a weapon.

You have my sympathy.
I think there are a few 7 rd 10mm mags for 1911's, which does up the power ante some. Of course, one can also have one round in the chamber, too.
[Linked Image]
You know, they do call that the New York reload.
Nothing would change for me. LW Commander and J frame; I�m good to go.
My Kimber Ultra Carry II, .45 ACP.
I thinken a Walther PPS in 40
Springfield XDS
Kahr CW9 or Kahr CW45. The 9 has a 7 round mag while the 45 only has a 6 rounder that fits flush but an extended 7 rounder is available.

They are both big enough to get your whole hand on the grip while not being one bit too big.
You've go to be kidding. Who is allowed to carry concealed in New York ? E

In my case it would be the 45 ACP or most likely 45 Super in a 1911 and or a HK USP
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
[Linked Image]
You know, they do call that the New York reload.

Invented or at least made famous by Jim Cirelo I believe
Originally Posted by Eremicus
You've go to be kidding. Who is allowed to carry concealed in New York ? E
I carried concealed in New York State from 1980 till just a few years ago when my NY State concealed carry permit expired and I couldn't renew it because I was no longer a NYS resident. The only place in New York that license wasn't recognized was NY City.

Supreme Court Law Suit!

I am going to throw money at the NRA!
Does this 7 round mag limit affect LEOSA?
Decision has been made...
Just bought a 1911 Kimber Pro CDP II 45acp
[Linked Image]
good decision, .45 ACP
Originally Posted by alukban
Does this 7 round mag limit affect LEOSA?

It should not change it. Fed law trumps state in almost all circumstances.

-Z

Dunno....but you'd better get to selling all those 8+ round mags before the market gets flooded and the prices drop! wink
Really everyone will be giddy to buy 8 and 10 round mags for pistols that can hold 15 leagally most every where else
wasn't there something in there about banning any pistol that can accept larger than a 7round mag? 1911's can.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
wasn't there something in there about banning any pistol that can accept larger than a 7round mag? 1911's can.
True. A 1911 can be fitted with a snail drum magazine.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
No it's a magazine issue no more than 7 in Mag.
All kidding aside, I can't believe they're able to tell someone they have a year to sell their mags to avoid being cited with a misdemeanor. To me, that would not only be a strike against our freedom but a hit to the pocket book. Plus, the effects would hurt those with the lowest incomes the most because they'd either have to buy new mags or take a hit selling a gun and buying a different one that would conform to these silly-azzed laws. The blue-state democrats deserve this kick in the teeth but I really do feel sorry for everyone else who's vote just didn't/doesn't count....
Thanks Nebraska and spot on...legal challenges are on the way but trying to un-do whats already done is like trying to push a chain down the road
Originally Posted by Nebraska
All kidding aside, I can't believe they're able to tell someone they have a year to sell their mags to avoid being cited with a misdemeanor. To me, that would not only be a strike against our freedom but a hit to the pocket book. Plus, the effects would hurt those with the lowest incomes the most because they'd either have to buy new mags or take a hit selling a gun and buying a different one that would conform to these silly-azzed laws. The blue-state democrats deserve this kick in the teeth but I really do feel sorry for everyone else who's vote just didn't/doesn't count....

If the magazines are illegal in their state, then who are they supposed to sell them to, everyone doesn't do these websites
Gunbroker I guess...I dont have any magazines mine all fell out of my pocket in the woods
Ditto

1911 Kimber Pro CDP II 45acp
What happens if the makers decide that NY isn't a large enough market to make special 7rd mags for their guns? Then you just have expensive paperweights, which is probably what they want.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
What happens if the makers decide that NY isn't a large enough market to make special 7rd mags for their guns? Then you just have expensive paperweights, which is probably what they want.
Thats the plan from Cuomo and his Dem cronies
If you already own a 10 round mag you may keep it but only load 7... TFF

I can see it now someone breaks into someones home or they have to use deadly force to protect themselves against some thugs and they have 8 or 10 rounds loaded and discharge them...
"Big Brother" will prosecute and send um to the pokie
Originally Posted by budman5
Ditto

1911 Kimber Pro CDP II 45acp

Only came with 1 mag what are you guys using for after market 7 round mags?
Many have forgotten the old Colt Officer's ACP.

Standard with 7 round mags:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It is another option.

Though I would likely choose a LW Commander.

That being said, I don't care for this exercise in infringement upon my rights in the least bit. The NY governor can go drop dead for all I care

His Personal Security Detail (PSD) team is not limited to 10 or 7 rounds and in fact has select fire weapons at their disposal to protect his ass. Obviously he thinks he is more important than everyone else in the state on New York.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

There isn't much to making a magazine that holds fewer rounds. Same mag body, same base - different spring and follower. Too simple...someone will fill the need. Heck - some mags could be converted with internal parts by the owner.

It could be argued that it would be better if that were not so. Much more argument for unconstitutional restriction if it makes the gun unusable.
Well it passed NY is now a Nazi state!

Uhhhh..... NOW? Think it has been for a while!

As for the question, 1911 with 7 rounds of 200 +p Hornady TAP CQ

Or a XDs with the same.
Decision has been made...
Just bought a 1911 Kimber Pro CDP II 45acp
[Linked Image]

What a bummer, buying a Kimber 1911, rough life. Although as per my prior post NEW YORK BLOWS DONKEY DICK
My Ruger 1911 or my Magnum Research 44mag
[Linked Image]

In 45ACP of course.

For me definitely a 1911 in 45 since that is what I always use
sig 239 in a 40
XDs if you can find one!
A little clarification. Are you allowed to have 7 in the clip, one in the pipe?

First - 45ACP 1911 sounds like the gun to get.

Second - are NY cops limited to the 7 round mag ??? confused
Originally Posted by j2dogs
A little clarification. Are you allowed to have 7 in the clip, one in the pipe?
Yes

This. Springfield XDS with 7 round mags
[Linked Image]
or this, my Wilson Compact CQB compact
[Linked Image]
Wilson Compact CQB compact
Nice choice!
Originally Posted by bea175
My Glock 36 .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have you had any malfunctions? I have been looking at them but i have heard more bad than good with FTF's or FTE's.
© 24hourcampfire