Home
Went and shot a ruger lcp the other day. Was a lot different then I thought it would be. As small as it is I thought it would be awkward to hold and possibly jump right out of my hand, but it wasn't. It did take some getting use to with aiming.

Got me thinking about getting something similar. Wondering what others are out there and what ones you like?
I don't really consider it a Pocket Gun but close enough and it is my Kahr P9 in 9mm
Kahr PM9 with night sights. I like it better than my Sig P238 (which I sold).
The Kel Tec P3AT 380 is in my pocket as I type. Sherri and I have had both the LCP and the Kel Tec and we both like the KelTec better. Trigger seems smoother and shorter to us, but that could be just the few examples we have tinkered with and fired at the range. Sherri has an LCP with a Crimson Trace lazer grip, two magazines, and a remora holster for sale right now if you want a good deal on a package. That said, check out the Kel Tec, we are selling the LCP and keeping the Kel Tec, and probably forever if that tells you anything.

Especially when loaded with Buff Bore +P+ ammo, tis a pretty nasty little "Get OFF of me, NOW!" gun.
My favorite is an Airweight Bodyguard. Easy to carry and easy to hit with.
glock 26 if there is anyway you can swing it as a pocket gun. full size accuracy and firepower. I pocket carry mine in cargo pants.
Kahr PM9 with night sights for me.
Kahr CW9.
If I'm wearing Wrangler jeans, my Kahr CM-9, which is most days in TX

If I'm wearing shorts or my Wrangler Riata Slacks, then I prefer my S&W BodyGuard in .38spec with the factory Lazer.

Of course, I consider both of these a BUG to any of my 1911's in 45acp cool
XDS
LCR .38spec with Crimson Trace in a pocket holster and a XDS .45acp in a N82 Tactical IWB

[Linked Image]
442 Airweight S&W w/ CT laser grips:

[Linked Image]

360 w/laser grips.
Sig P938.
[Linked Image]

I can get by with a Springfield XDS, but it is not optimal for my purposes. Shown with 5 and 7 round magazines.
[Linked Image]
My true pocket gun would have to be my Diamondback 380.
I like my Ruger LC9.
P238 SAS in pocket holster in town. Really want to try a S&W 642 for dog-walking critter buster.
Ruger LCP here.

Wife has a Kal-Tec. We like 'em both.

Virgil B.
for a true pocket gun.....RUGER LCP

Small carry and occasional pocket use: Springfield XDS and Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm
LCR.

Travis
M&P340 with Crimson Trace grips.
My favorite is my S&W 642 LadySmith, but I recently picked up a S&W M&P Shield 9mm that's rapidly growing on me. It's a little more awkward in the pocket than a J frame, but I can shoot it much better and it absolutely disappears on the belt in an IWB holster.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by deflave
LCR.

Travis

is it black?
I really like the S&W 649 with a CT laser.
Any flavor of S&W J-Frame Airweight, preferably with CT Laser Grip.
Kahr CM9.

jerry
I have (3) I would consider pocket carry if necessary: Sig P238, Kahr 380, & Ruger LCR. Could also include Sig P938, but it's on my side ALL the time!
Beretta Bobcat

I can actually hit stuff with it and it fires from contact while using it as brass knuckles smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Boococky
Originally Posted by deflave
LCR.

Travis

is it black?

And small. Ironically...

Travis
Thanks for the suggestions and pictures especially. I'll have to track some of these down and check them out.

I have a few other handguns, just want something that's really simple/comfortable to conceal.
North American Arms Mini Revolver.
I switch it up between my Kel Tec PF9 and Kahr CM9.
S&W 642
Keltec PF9.
I really like my Beretta Tomcat Inox, 32 ACP.

Also have a S&W 432PD Airweight snub-nose revolver, 32 H&R Mag.
Kahr P380 or a J frame

S&W 637 in a pocket holster with a speed strip in the other.
Smith 637 in the coat pocket ..
smith 342pd TI 38 special mika pocket holster. many many miles on that rig

[Linked Image]
I like the Springfield XDS very well at the moment...........Hb
this
[Linked Image]
I am a big fan of the Ruger LCR in .357 mag. The cam trigger is excellent, weighs a pound with no hammer to snag on clothes. It is the answer to "what gun works for backpacking?"
Originally Posted by ppine
I am a big fan of the Ruger LCR in .357 mag. The cam trigger is excellent, weighs a pound with no hammer to snag on clothes. It is the answer to "what gun works for backpacking?"
I've got a Titanium S&W J-Frame .38 Special (+P) with a three inch barrel and adjustable sights that would fit that role quite well, too. Thing feels like it's made of wood.
S&W 640 stainless .357Mag.

[Linked Image]
Shield 9mm with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster:

[Linked Image]
LCP with a Clipdraw, http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=395&action=show_detail no holster & wont be at the bottom of your pocket

Ruger LCR, 22 LR, 8 Rounds.
Seecamp

very easy carry. Fussy on ammo but a gem of a pocket carry.

S&W J-frame with the small factory grips and a Tyler T-grip. The larger grip make them slower to retrieve from a front jeans pocket. The T-grip provides a more secure grip and aids in accuracy
I like the Springfield XDS very well at the moment...........Hb

I find the XDS a little too bulky for the pocket but it's a dream to carry in a IWB N82 Tactical

[Linked Image]
I use one of four - Beretta 21 as mentioned above, S&W Model 60 38 spec, S&W Model 640 357 mag as mentioned above, but mine has the longer boot grip on it, and a hip clip. Latest and current favorite is a Kahr CW9, but it doesn't really fit in a pocket like the other three do.
I have the LCP.
Originally Posted by Boococky

is it black?
i bet thats not the first time youve said that in your life,,,,,,,,,,
S&W 638. 14 oz. It is a natural pointer for defensive use. It is rabbit killing accurate, shot single action, if I practice a little.
My Beretta 950B Jetfire is a true pocket pistol. I carry it alot when I don't or can't carry my full size .45 ACP.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Ruger LC9
A factory sales rep from a major manufacturer reached into his pocket and came out with a Ruger LCP, stating that it was his choice as a pocket pistol. He was not a Ruger rep.
I carried an Airweight S&W J-Frame for 25 yrs till this new wave of .32/.380's came on the scene. I've got a $700 Kahr P380 and a $350 Ruger LCP. The Ruger is far and away the more reliable pistol.

If Rule #1 is have a gun ..... Rule # 1.5 should be have a gun that shoots EVERY time you pull the trigger.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
442 Airweight S&W w/ CT laser grips:

[Linked Image]

+1 I don't have the laser on mine though.

MM
Originally Posted by 41magfan
...Rule # 1.5 should be have a gun that shoots EVERY time you pull the trigger.

That would eliminate almost every semi-auto, leaving only revolvers. smile
This one has been around awhile.
[Linked Image]

I also like the 442. Measurably lighter.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pal

Huh?
What kind of semi- autos are you shooting?
I've never had a FtF unless it was ammo related.
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Originally Posted by pal

Huh?
What kind of semi- autos are you shooting?
I've never had a FtF unless it was ammo related.

My point, exactly!

Semi-autos can be fussy about ammo. Revolvers go bang every time.
BS...bad ammo is bad ammo.Pistol,revolver or a cannon,don't matter
Originally Posted by rifle
BS...bad ammo is bad ammo.Pistol,revolver or a cannon,don't matter

agree, bad ammo imho is usually bad primers and they won't go bang in a fire!
Originally Posted by dsink
My true pocket gun would have to be my Diamondback 380.

I carry my DB 9mm whenever I have pants on.
at 11 oz you can forget it's there.
Guess you guys haven't been around long enough to learn about fussy ammo and stovepipes, failures to feed, etc. wink

Failure of a primer is only one small risk.
That's why you train,shoot and understand what the hell you're doing BEFORE you strap the big boy pants on...
Sig P938 here, now that mine runs well.
360pd, it's not much more obtrusive in my pocket than my cell phone. 5 rounds of .357 ammo and less than 14 oz loaded. I've never wished that I'd left it at home.
I will second that motion. I also favor the airweight body guard.
I'm old school. If I ever feel the need to drop a pistol into my pocket, it'll be my Walther PP. Heavy? Sure. Obsolete? Maybe. Much better newer designs? Indeed. Do I like it nonetheless? Yep.
stomatador,
Here's to Guy Clark. We all miss Townes.

Why are so many people willing to settle for a .38, 9mm or even a .380 when you can have a .357 in a tiny package?
Rohrbaugh 9mm for pocket carry. Shown here flanked by a LC9 and a LCP.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire